• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2019 1:43 am
[OP]
Oct 31, 2009
625 posts
139 upvotes

Nissan Sentra horn only working when steering wheel turned to the left

Hi All,

I've searched on the threads but nothing came up. I have a Nissan Sentra 2012 and for a while the horn was working intermittently and disappear completely. I am not a mechanic and doesn't know much about fixing cars. I brought the car to shop yesterday and we found out that the horn was working only when steering wheel is turned to the left. When it's almost center and towards the right it stops working completely. I am trying to find out the solutions while he's doing his own research too. Thank you all.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4300 posts
1606 upvotes
Edmonton
I believe the actual name is clockspring assembly. But yes above poster is right. Common issue on many vehicles
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
May 27, 2017
356 posts
564 upvotes
Clockspring, you will lose the steering wheel controls also.. pro tip buy oem I got two aftermarket ones and they both broke within 2-3weeks spent around a $100 for both

Check amazon with ur part number I got a oem one for $120 amazing deal and it’s been like 6 months still working fine
[OP]
Oct 31, 2009
625 posts
139 upvotes
Googling and visiting other auto forums seem to have said same: clock spring assembly and called my mechanic and said same too. I am looking at auto wrecker and hoping that I can find this parts which is working too.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2011
1929 posts
2192 upvotes
desertfox wrote: Googling and visiting other auto forums seem to have said same: clock spring assembly and called my mechanic and said same too. I am looking at auto wrecker and hoping that I can find this parts which is working too.
If it's used, make sure you centre the clockspring and install with the wheels straight ahead, or else it will be damaged or not last long.

New ones will be locked in the center position but the wheels will still need to be straight ahead..
[OP]
Oct 31, 2009
625 posts
139 upvotes
billford wrote: If it's used, make sure you centre the clockspring and install with the wheels straight ahead, or else it will be damaged or not last long.

New ones will be locked in the center position but the wheels will still need to be straight ahead..
Thanks a lot for the tip.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1192 upvotes
Vancouver
steering wheels and horn together. wow