Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2012
1822 posts
985 upvotes
Kelowna

No access to Members list?

When I try I to visit the forums.redflagdeals.com/members/ URL, ostensibly the RFD forum Members List, it redirects me to the homepage instead of saying my access is forbidden. A couple questions:

(1) Why the former rather than the latter?

and:

(2) Why can we not have access to the Members List, principally to see how we rank relative to other members in terms of total posts and/or threads created but also to see what all the forum member ranks are?

I'm sure @titaniumtux would also find such a feature useful. ;)

Cheers,
Doug
6 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
13522 posts
25724 upvotes
Scarborough
Access to that page was removed earlier this year over potential security concerns with member safety. While we have no issue with users who'd want to look up their post rankings, it didn't appear to be a missed featured (you're maybe the second person to mention it since it was removed).

If we're able to bring back the list in the future, we will.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2012
1822 posts
985 upvotes
Kelowna
TomRFD wrote: Access to that page was removed earlier this year over potential security concerns with member safety. While we have no issue with users who'd want to look up their post rankings, it didn't appear to be a missed featured (you're maybe the second person to mention it since it was removed).

If we're able to bring back the list in the future, we will.
I don't really see any potential security concerns, so long as you're updating the message board software as soon as phpBB, or even your developers internally, discover bugs and release patches. There's no real concern with being able to see a list of members' usernames.

Cheers,
Doug
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2012
1822 posts
985 upvotes
Kelowna
@TomRFD In the meantime, can you at least post the current member ranks and what the posts required are to attain that level and what, if any, benefits come with certain levels (i.e., more links, attachments, etc., in posts)?

Also, what is the "Penalty Box" rank? I see a number of members in "Penalty Box" with 2,000+ posts, but they're still posting, so it doesn't seem like a temporary suspension.

Cheers,
Doug
Aug 20, 2009
7415 posts
2188 upvotes
Grimsby
The penalty box rank is related to the infraction system. Posters who have 10 or more infraction points for rule violations are put into the penalty box, meaning their posts have been to be approved by a moderator manually. These infractions have scaling time periods depending on severity (usually 90-180 days) and expire automatically. People have who 15 or more infraction points are temporarily banned and cannot post at all. You can review your infraction status by looking at your member profile.

As per Tom in a previous thread, the member ranks and number of posts required are:

Newbie 0
Jr. Member 100
Member 200
Sr. Member 500
Deal Addict 1000
Deal Fanatic 5000
Deal Guru 10000
Deal Expert 15000

There is no difference between the ranks.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12753 posts
2050 upvotes
City of Vancouver
I wanted to ask about how to look up members. I was curious if that alleged Ontario mass murderer was on RFD using the same handle as his gaming one.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Sep 27, 2003
9960 posts
2591 upvotes
Newmarket
Becks wrote: I wanted to ask about how to look up members. I was curious if that alleged Ontario mass murderer was on RFD using the same handle as his gaming one.
That handle is not registered on RFD.
RFD Forums Moderator