Expired Hot Deals

[No Frills] [$3.97/lb] Lamb Leg Short cut Frozen **HAULER OFFER**[Thursday - Sunday only](ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2021 12:25 am
[OP]
Jul 13, 2018
233 posts
712 upvotes

[No Frills] [$3.97/lb] Lamb Leg Short cut Frozen **HAULER OFFER**[Thursday - Sunday only](ontario)

[$3.97/lb] Lamb Leg Short cut Frozen **HAULER OFFER**[Thursday - Sunday only](Ontario) If you want the Fresh option go here food-basics-3-97-lb-new-zealand-fresh-l ... o-2455499/
Screenshot 2021-03-31 002551.jpg
43 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4328 posts
5011 upvotes
GTA
and Fresh NZ Lamb Leg short cut is $4.99 at Metro, April 1-7
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
13259 posts
5392 upvotes
None in Winnipeg Manitoba at those prices?
Jun 13, 2009
816 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
I wish they would have discounted this during the week leading to Easter...They must have lots of unsold stock.
Nov 15, 2020
933 posts
1880 upvotes
Thanks OP, shows $3.77 Lb on my local flyer, also does anyone know if these are halal?

Edit: got my answer I think, never knew "New Zealand Spring Lamb" was the actual brand name lmao. All NZ spring Lamb are halal
Last edited by aomous on Apr 1st, 2021 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zoomer Wireless: $36 5GB Plan
Nov 15, 2020
933 posts
1880 upvotes
VjayH51817 wrote: Thanks OP. What does short cut mean?
That they are cut short maybe?? Honestly would like to know too
Jun 23, 2017
340 posts
462 upvotes
https://www.cooksinfo.com/lamb-leg-whole

Alternatively, the leg can be cut as a “Short Leg” or “3/4 leg.” This cut includes the bottom half of the leg (the shank), plus half of the top (the sirloin.) (That makes 2/4 plus 1/4, if you’re doing the math in your head.) The butcher could use the remaining 1/4 of the leg, which is the remainder of the sirloin, for lamb sirloin chops (aka lamb steaks.)
Sep 1, 2017
20 posts
58 upvotes
This deal is no good. Advertised as new Zealand spring lamb. I'm not sure what brand it is. All that's written on it is Australia. It's not a short cut either. In fact it seems like they included more bone than would normally come on a leg of lamb. Half of the packages weren't even vacuum sealed properly. My store has also limited it to one
Nov 15, 2020
933 posts
1880 upvotes
Miatch wrote: This deal is no good. Advertised as new Zealand spring lamb. I'm not sure what brand it is. All that's written on it is Australia. It's not a short cut either. In fact it seems like they included more bone than would normally come on a leg of lamb. Half of the packages weren't even vacuum sealed properly. My store has also limited it to one
The brand is New Zealand Spring Lamb lol...also how is the deal no good, I think $3.77/lb for frozen lamb is a pretty good deal
https://www.nzspringlamb.com/en-ca/
Sep 1, 2017
20 posts
58 upvotes
The deal is no good because they are advertising one product and have another in store. The brand is NOT New Zealand spring lamb.

aomous wrote: The brand is New Zealand Spring Lamb lol...also how is the deal no good, I think $3.77/lb for frozen lamb is a pretty good deal
https://www.nzspringlamb.com/en-ca/
I totally agree, $3.97/lb for a leg of lamb is an awesome price! 2 out of the 3 Superstore locations in my city had the PC brand Australian leg of lamb on for that price. I bought 26 today!
Images
  • 20210401_145653.jpg
Apr 29, 2018
126 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
Bought two from nearby no frills.. certainly good deal for the upcoming lock down season!!
Mother of all necessities ---> RFD
Feb 27, 2003
574 posts
270 upvotes
Langley
I sure wish we could get something made out of cow for this price out west- it's been so long since i've fired up the bbq...
(and I've heard that lamb tastes like little burnt cubes of charred sweaty meat..:)
Xphile. (as in 'X-files aficionado'..so yeah, I guess I am old..)

Land Back.
Mar 23, 2017
417 posts
288 upvotes
Canada
xphile wrote: I sure wish we could get something made out of cow for this price out west- it's been so long since i've fired up the bbq...
(and I've heard that lamb tastes like little burnt cubes of charred sweaty meat..:)
Depends on which part of the world you are from. Lamb/goat meat is much more sought after and taste much better( the way it is cooked) from my part of the world ( South Asia). Depends on how you cook it.
Oct 23, 2008
2 posts
Picked up 3 today at the Dixie location in Mississauga! All were the New Zealand brand. Did notice many were small and had to search for the bigger ones on the bottom. Also, saw that staff keep putting out more as the bin gets empty.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3273 posts
1175 upvotes
Toronto
Is this a better deal than the FB fresh leg of lamb for $3.97?
Nov 15, 2020
933 posts
1880 upvotes
Miatch wrote: The deal is no good because they are advertising one product and have another in store. The brand is NOT New Zealand spring lamb.

I totally agree, $3.97/lb for a leg of lamb is an awesome price! 2 out of the 3 Superstore locations in my city had the PC brand Australian leg of lamb on for that price. I bought 26 today!
Yeah I noticed that too but I still picked up 3 of the same type you got, it's still a really great deal imo
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4328 posts
5011 upvotes
GTA
Miatch wrote: This deal is no good. Advertised as new Zealand spring lamb. I'm not sure what brand it is. All that's written on it is Australia. It's not a short cut either. In fact it seems like they included more bone than would normally come on a leg of lamb. Half of the packages weren't even vacuum sealed properly. My store has also limited it to one
FYI New Zealand Lamb is considered the gamiest in taste

Australian Lamb is often milder with more marbling

https://www.saveur.com/article/Techniqu ... Varieties/
GSD wrote: Is this a better deal than the FB fresh leg of lamb for $3.97?
Go for the Food Basics deal if you can -- you only pay 20 cents extra a pound for FRESH
Last edited by Kfox on Apr 1st, 2021 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.