Expired Hot Deals

[No Frills] [$5.97] Whole case of Red Mango apprx.10pcs.**HAULER OFFER** March 04-10

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2021 12:29 am
[OP]
Jul 13, 2018
233 posts
712 upvotes

[No Frills] [$5.97] Whole case of Red Mango apprx.10pcs.**HAULER OFFER** March 04-10

Webp.net-resizeimage.png
Product of Peru. The picture shows 10 pcs so I'm assuming that's how many are in a case. Enjoy :D
114 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3493 posts
1534 upvotes
Ottawa
That hauler symbol is confusing and looks more like a suspicious person lol
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1321 posts
5819 upvotes
OH WOW! 🤩🤩🤩

Gunna pick up a few cases tomorrow. I love MANGO! 🥭🥭🥭 Thanks, OP!
Nov 15, 2020
838 posts
475 upvotes
dont get too excited. Last several times they had mangos on sale the mangos were all green, and very few people wanted to pick up a case.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
6166 posts
6128 upvotes
Downtown Canada
evilYoda wrote: dont get too excited. Last several times they had mangos on sale the mangos were all green, and very few people wanted to pick up a case.
I concur
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1742 posts
919 upvotes
Edmonton
evilYoda wrote: dont get too excited. Last several times they had mangos on sale the mangos were all green, and very few people wanted to pick up a case.
Buy a case. Let it ripen? Whats the big deal
Nov 15, 2020
838 posts
475 upvotes
dj_rice wrote: Buy a case. Let it ripen? Whats the big deal
It doesnt really ripen if it is picked. It can get sweeter if you wait, but not by much. If what you said is true, why do people spend so much time picking the non-green mangos at the supermarket? The ones less green have the greatest potential of being the sweetest. The green ones might wind up tasting sour regardless of how long you let it "ripen".
Nov 14, 2012
418 posts
147 upvotes
CALGARY
Even after rippening these Mangoes do not taste the same as the ones that we get on summer, thts wht i think.
Aug 8, 2015
73 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sicario007 wrote: Webp.net-resizeimage.png
Product of Peru. The picture shows 10 pcs so I'm assuming that's how many are in a case. Enjoy :D
Really good price OP, however my advise to anyone who loves mangoes here is to try out the Alphonso mango (from India) which should be here around mid-April or May, or atleast available at those Asian stores. price might be a little high, but the taste is every bit god damn delicious. Also another option for a much cheaper price and taste about half as good as Alphonso, try out the Haden mango which are from Mexico. I found those to be surprisingly good as well :)
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1551 posts
1440 upvotes
As an Asian, red mangoes are the worst mangoes that I’ve ever had. No aroma, not sweet.

Almost each south East Asian country has their own cultivar of daaaaamn good mango
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3020 posts
755 upvotes
Not quite true ... If it's fully green and hard as a rock sure. But if they're green and red, wait 7-10 days and leave em with your bananas and they do ripen. That's what we do with the Costco ones.

That said they are a poor excuse for a mango as a sweet flavourful fruit/dessert when compared to an Alphonso! But you can make a nice Thai mango salad with the Peruvian ones.
evilYoda wrote: It doesnt really ripen if it is picked. It can get sweeter if you wait, but not by much. If what you said is true, why do people spend so much time picking the non-green mangos at the supermarket? The ones less green have the greatest potential of being the sweetest. The green ones might wind up tasting sour regardless of how long you let it "ripen".
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2013 posts
1815 upvotes
Toronto
mangoman wrote: Not quite true ... If it's fully green and hard as a rock sure. But if they're green and red, wait 7-10 days and leave em with your bananas and they do ripen. That's what we do with the Costco ones.

That said they are a poor excuse for a mango as a sweet flavourful fruit/dessert when compared to an Alphonso! But you can make a nice Thai mango salad with the Peruvian ones.
looking at your username I guess it's your time to shine!
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2004
5222 posts
637 upvotes
naticom wrote: As an Asian, red mangoes are the worst mangoes that I’ve ever had. No aroma, not sweet.

Almost each south East Asian country has their own cultivar of daaaaamn good mango
Don't speak for all of us. I find they have more aroma than the yellow ones. Yellow ones just taste like sugar.
Aug 19, 2020
16 posts
7 upvotes
Oni-kun wrote: Don't speak for all of us. I find they have more aroma than the yellow ones. Yellow ones just taste like sugar.
whts wrong with that?
Nov 15, 2020
838 posts
475 upvotes
Apple Mango breed is quite good. So long as it is semi-ripe off the vine.
Aug 26, 2019
275 posts
261 upvotes
The6ix
naticom wrote: As an Asian, red mangoes are the worst mangoes that I’ve ever had. No aroma, not sweet.

I'm a foodie and a scientist and I conquer.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3020 posts
755 upvotes
Some people are leg men, I'm a mango man. :D
neonic wrote: looking at your username I guess it's your time to shine!
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2554 posts
1584 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Don't waste your hard earned money on these unless you are making a mango salad or using them semi ripe. Every time we have bought these mangoes, they were very very stringy and no flavour at all. In 2019 when there was no Covid, we used to cross the border weekly, go to Sam's Club and they had these humongous mangoes (I forget the name and came from the Americas) which were super sweet and fleshy. Have not seen them in our grocery stores here.

Someone mentioned about Asian mangoes, especially from the Indian subcontinent. Almost every variety is excellent.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3020 posts
755 upvotes
And often rubbery in texture - they ship better without bruising as much.

There's a Keitt one that shows up at Loblaws sometimes (not to be confused with their Kent one) that's pretty decent too.

Ataulfos can be good (they often use this at the Asian bubble tea /smoothie joints) but again, try a ripe Alphonso and then decide which tastes better (assuming cost is taken out of the picture).
OAlton wrote: I'm a foodie and a scientist and I conquer.