Hot Deals

[No Frills] Blueberries 4 pints for $3.52 ($7.52- 4000 PC points) (PM FreshCo - ON only?)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2021 8:45 pm
[OP]
May 6, 2005
477 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto

[No Frills] Blueberries 4 pints for $3.52 ($7.52- 4000 PC points) (PM FreshCo - ON only?)

Food Basics has blueberries for $1.88 a pint.
No Frills has in store offer for 4000 PC points when you buy any 4 of the following items: blueberries, pineapple, corn and cucumbers.
Price match 4 pints at No Frills. The cost will be $7.52 and you will get 4000 PC points.
It comes to $0.88 per pint (340g).

EDIT:
This deal continues from July 1st to July 7th.
This time, you have to price match FreshCo. Their price is $1.88. Buy 4 pints for $7.52 and you will get 4000 PC points.
It looks like Ontario only. The price in FreshCo (West) flyer is way higher.
Images
  • fr.PNG
Last edited by collector on Jun 30th, 2021 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1545 posts
1674 upvotes
Does anyone else notice the Blueberries and fruits in general at No Frills is rather subpar quality? Does Superstore/Zehrs get better "grade" blueberries or is it just in my head? Everytime I go to No Frills I feel like the produce is just crap.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1508 posts
3298 upvotes
Should mention ON only, no Food Basics elsewhere.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1749 posts
3264 upvotes
Toronto
good find. when you type "blueberries", the Flipp site doesn't show results from food basics, but it does have the food basics flyer so you can use that flyer for your price matching.
Images
  • buy 4.PNG
  • fb blueberry.PNG
Last edited by oicthat2013 on Jun 25th, 2021 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9645 posts
6371 upvotes
Toronto
Should mention PM in title, since this is required.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4877 posts
6164 upvotes
Toronto, ON
simplypop wrote: Does anyone else notice the Blueberries and fruits in general at No Frills is rather subpar quality? Does Superstore/Zehrs get better "grade" blueberries or is it just in my head? Everytime I go to No Frills I feel like the produce is just crap.
Depends on location. Just ask @Producio Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
5862 posts
1324 upvotes
Toronto
How much does it cost at no frills
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2902 posts
5815 upvotes
steven80 wrote: Came here for blueberries... now my day is ruined.

FU stupid brain.
@steven80 here’s some blueberries for you bud

Edit: My bad, realized you don't live in the center of the universe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by kimwoobingsu on Jun 25th, 2021 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 15, 2018
379 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone feels like 4 pints of blueberries is a bit too much, you can also price match Freshco's pineapples for $1.88/each in the same transaction. Can mix and match at No Frills (e.g. buy 2 pineapples and 2 pints of blueberries) for the 4000 points.
Apr 7, 2011
823 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto
simplypop wrote: Does anyone else notice the Blueberries and fruits in general at No Frills is rather subpar quality? Does Superstore/Zehrs get better "grade" blueberries or is it just in my head? Everytime I go to No Frills I feel like the produce is just crap.
Indeed I've observed this as well.

Loblaws actually owns the Superstore and No Frills brand as well. They're the same company.

My 2 guess:
1) Because No Frills is considered the discount grocery store brand, when they purchase produce and perishables, lower quality ones are sent off to No Frills where there is a higher turnover, while higher quality ones go to Loblaws and Superstore. With a huge supply chain, they can easily do this and technically even if it's blue berries from the same supplier, they could even potentially check each shipment and send them to different stores. More likely though, they'll know which producer will likely have better quality items than other based on the purchase price as well.

2) Workers at Loblaws may be more aggressive in removing items that may be deemed to be spoiled. When at Loblaws I sometimes see workers picking through fruits and vegetables that look slightly bruised and throwing them out. This is not something you see at No Frills very often. They usually throw everything out onto the bins/displays/shelves and whatever sells, sells, and the left overs they throw out.
[OP]
May 6, 2005
477 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
oicthat2013 wrote: good find. when you type "blueberries", the Flipp site doesn't show results from food basics, but it does have the food basics flyer so you can use that flyer for your price matching.
I noticed this as well. Interesting why Flipp doesn't show all results.
The other example are strawberries ($1.67 at Walmart). The Flipp doesn't show them as well (at least for me).
Sep 24, 2004
868 posts
440 upvotes
Scarborough
I did this last week PM to FreshCo @ $1.99, and I thought I got a good deal. This is even better
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
8536 posts
4445 upvotes
I have found the same. I do most of my shopping at RCSS and their blueberries are always on the soft side. That means if I buy them, they are starting off soft and only get worse from there.

I have found myself shifting my produce shopping to other places which sell superior stuff. Safeway and local markets tend to better. Even if the price is a bit more, I enjoy the superior stuff more.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2011
1574 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
Did the same last week with PM'ing FreshCO :)
Sep 17, 2018
43 posts
77 upvotes
Choclover, Agreed, buying most produce and meats nowadays at Lococo's, (Hamilton, Brantford, Niagara areas)
Aug 9, 2020
198 posts
95 upvotes
I agree, subpar quality at no frills.
Jun 12, 2017
133 posts
54 upvotes
acbay21 wrote: Did the same last week with PM'ing FreshCO :)
I've never price matched on berries. Does it have to be the same brand or are stores not that particular about it? Thank you!
[OP]
May 6, 2005
477 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
SauceLife wrote: I've never price matched on berries. Does it have to be the same brand or are stores not that particular about it? Thank you!
The brand does not matter, as long as the weight/size is the same. Some stores may refuse PM if the country of origin is different, but usually they don't care.
I just got another 4 pints and they are fresh and firm.

You can take advantage of this offer multiple times.
Jun 12, 2017
133 posts
54 upvotes
collector wrote: The brand does not matter, as long as the weight/size is the same. Some stores may refuse PM if the country of origin is different, but usually they don't care.
I just got another 4 pints and they are fresh and firm.

You can take advantage of this offer multiple times.
Thanks for replying!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)