Expired Hot Deals

[No Frills] Bolva 58" 4K UHD Smart Tv $299 (No Tax) Ontario/Atlantic/West Nov. 12-18

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2020 11:17 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
3562 posts
19953 upvotes

[No Frills] Bolva 58" 4K UHD Smart Tv $299 (No Tax) Ontario/Atlantic/West Nov. 12-18

No Frills in Ontario has the Bolva 58" 4K UHD Smart Tv on for $299. Not sure how great of a tv it is, but if anyone is interested in another tv, this might be for you.

I think this was $369 in January.
Images
  • Screenshot_2020-11-10-14-04-31-1.png
Last edited by hill15 on Nov 12th, 2020 1:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Thread Summary
"It's essentially a no name® 58" UHD TV."

145 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1984 posts
1736 upvotes

Anyone have any experience with this brand?
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2573 posts
1605 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Found in the 80% discounted section of the produce department. :) :) :)
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Dec 25, 2010
36 posts
50 upvotes
montreal
We bought two 42 inchs at around 100$ TX not included (IIRC 200$ with 100$ loblaws pts kickback) and im very satisfied for the pictures (my room is very dark), you need soundbar or speakers and those are not smart TV. But the smart feature on cheap TV will probably be too slow to be fun to use.

In prime days ive purchase Hisense 55Q8G- 55" and I plan to return it because it doesnt feel like a big enough upgrade over the Bolva lol (im used to projectors however so the size impact of 55 vs 42 wasnt there as much as I would think) . Ive purchased another hisense for my parents 4K HD - H77 50" for 345 tx included and its more bang for bucks.

My parents Bolva is now in the Kitchen and even up close daytime it look ok enough.
Jun 12, 2019
263 posts
384 upvotes
Downside to any deals this black Friday will be the pts offers , last black Friday I bought a few electronics since you were able to get the 10,000 pts for every 50$ offer with creating a new account but doesn't seem like they offer that anymore so don't think I will be at RCSS this black friday...
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2113 posts
1542 upvotes
Fredericton
ib4 some techlord jumps in and says the panel is crap.
Last edited by smuPoker on Nov 10th, 2020 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo - $39/10GB
Koodo - $70 Huawei P20
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
10525 posts
2884 upvotes
Winnipeg
I think the picture and sound will feel the same across all brands around this price.

It'll come down to whose tcon,blacklight,mainboard power supply, led lights etc etc that fail first. So basically the quality of components inside more so the type of display panel,sound or smart functions should be a major concern.

Who makes bolva? is this kazakhstan #1 tv? or is this just another label on proscan/rca shipped from china etc.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2093 posts
1485 upvotes
Hamilton
aviator_13 wrote: Image

Anyone have any experience with this brand?
I bought a 32 for my arcade cabinet. Nice TV. Works well.
Nov 13, 2018
628 posts
1410 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: LOL "No Frills"...the supermarket without frills like a bakery, butcher, deli, fresh fish counter...but hey we have a TV section
It's not a TV section you complete buffoon, it's simply the parent company trying to get rid of overstock in the store that makes the most sense. You think people paying 3x the price for produce at Loblaws flagship stores are going to buy a noname TV? No, but for the people that have to shop at no frills, this is a Bangin deal for a big TV.
Sep 13, 2015
497 posts
405 upvotes
mikebmt wrote: It's not a TV section you complete buffoon, it's simply the parent company trying to get rid of overstock in the store that makes the most sense. You think people paying 3x the price for produce at Loblaws flagship stores are going to buy a noname TV? No, but for the people that have to shop at no frills, this is a Bangin deal for a big TV.
They sell often at the local RCSS. No tax brings out all walks of life
Glory Glory Man United
Apr 18, 2017
711 posts
1380 upvotes
mikebmt wrote: It's not a TV section you complete buffoon, it's simply the parent company trying to get rid of overstock in the store that makes the most sense. You think people paying 3x the price for produce at Loblaws flagship stores are going to buy a noname TV? No, but for the people that have to shop at no frills, this is a Bangin deal for a big TV.
You uh, you ever been to a Loblaws or Superstore? See the "premium" electronics they sell?
Nov 13, 2018
628 posts
1410 upvotes
User131439 wrote: You uh, you ever been to a Loblaws or Superstore? See the "premium" electronics they sell?
I'm not saying they don't sell crappy stuff. I'm saying that who is more likely to buy a TV from a brand they've NEVER heard of before, just because it's cheap? The people knowingly paying double for all of their groceries, or the people who can't afford to do that and purposefully shop at no frills?
Sep 28, 2011
541 posts
187 upvotes
Alberta
Agent086 wrote: It’s a genuine Panasony!
I think you mean Panaphonics, Sorny is another brand. ;)
Mar 29, 2019
308 posts
338 upvotes
I can’t wait to show all my friends my new Blova!
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1487 posts
573 upvotes
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.twice.c ... pany%3famp

Enter Bolva TV, born from a partnership of Schoenfeld and his long-associated manufacturing partner in China. The company is unique in its approach to the market, with a “highly curated” line of 10 SKUs of 4K UHD-only flat panel TVs. The line will be “aggressively priced,” said Schoenfeld, with some step-up models.