Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
No Frills

Breyer's Creamery Style Ice Cream 1.66L $2.99 & Gatorade Sports Drinks -4 Flavours -Case of 24x591mL $10.99 -GTA

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2020 1:22 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1877 upvotes
Scarborough

[No Frills] Breyer's Creamery Style Ice Cream 1.66L $2.99 & Gatorade Sports Drinks -4 Flavours -Case of 24x591mL $10.99 -GTA

Breyer's Ice Cream:
SAVE $3.00
Reg. $5.97
Price subject to change based on offers available at pick-up time. Offer expires 2020-07-15.
Product Number: 20344925001_EA

Gatorade:
SAVE $5.00
Reg. $15.97
Flavours: Fruit Punch, Lemon-Lime, Orange, Cool Blue
Price subject to change based on offers available at pick-up time. Offer expires 2020-07-15.
Product Number: 20298835002_C24
33 replies
Banned
Jul 25, 2017
1068 posts
425 upvotes
Costco has the 28 pack for $13.99? Few dollars more
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2018
3462 posts
3977 upvotes
GTA
The Breyers in the flyer is not real ice cream it is frozen dairy desert. Breyers changed the ingredients and legally they can no longer call their product ice cream.
Dec 19, 2012
155 posts
396 upvotes
CALGARY
DaveTheDude wrote: The Breyers in the flyer is not real ice cream it is frozen dairy desert. Breyers changed the ingredients and legally they can no longer call their product ice cream.
I thought so too but looks like it's changed back. Picture shows "real ice cream" instead of the usual "frozen dairy dessert". Might have to give them a try again after swearing off of Breyers.
Aug 23, 2010
630 posts
562 upvotes
GTA
If I recall correctly, the Breyer's black packaging is real ice cream. The blue boxes are "frozen dessert".
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2004
1210 posts
740 upvotes
DaveTheDude wrote: The Breyers in the flyer is not real ice cream it is frozen dairy desert. Breyers changed the ingredients and legally they can no longer call their product ice cream.
Wrong - the picture in the flyer is literally labelled ice cream. Both the ice cream and frozen desert are on sale.
May 12, 2012
695 posts
804 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Breyer's Creamery Style is real ice cream (there are black tubs that are not real ice cream in their line up). It's been my budget ice cream and I have been purchasing for years (Natural Vanilla). Small ingredient list, with additives mostly being binding agents found in a LOT of other foods. My more expensive one would be Hagan Dazs (also Vanilla) as it has the leanest ingredient list. Kawartha is highly overrated imho, and Halo Top is not real ice cream. This is a good deal. I had grabbed a couple tubs yesterday after work.

Cheers!
Last edited by Ferny111 on Jul 12th, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
4072 posts
1959 upvotes
Toronto
Ferny111 wrote: Breyer's Creamery Style is real ice cream. It's been my budget ice cream I have been purchasing for years (Natural Vanilla). My more expensive one would be Hagan Dazz (also Vanilla) as it has the cleanest ingredient list. This is a good deal. I had grabbed a couple tubs yesterday after work. Cheers!
Agreed, just bought a tub added some pecans tastes great. Almost made the mistake of getting french vanilla.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2012
1071 posts
2378 upvotes
Wrong.
2010-2023 Contest Winnings = $0
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4585 posts
19303 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
j831 wrote: If I recall correctly, the Breyer's black packaging is real ice cream. The blue boxes are "frozen dessert".
This .

Dont buy the blue carton...gross.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1877 upvotes
Scarborough
Where do you see that? If you bother to look on the package it clearly states REAL ICE CREAM in the bottom right corner. Enough of this song and dance.
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11652 posts
2857 upvotes
Toronto
Strafe1 wrote: Where do you see that? If you bother to look on the package it clearly states REAL ICE CREAM in the bottom right corner. Enough of this song and dance.
I think the misconception with this AND Kawartha too is on this too. Its the modified milk ingredients and locust bean gum that throws me off..I stay away from all soft serve too because of that. PC Cream first though mentions Cream the second ingredient is most always modified milk ingredients.
Heat 43-0-0
Nov 8, 2007
666 posts
387 upvotes
FWIW even if this can technically be called ice cream, it isn't quite smooth and breaks apart when you try to ball it. To me that's a dead giveaway something funky is going on.
Tastes okay but texturally is not quite what you'd expect.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38325 posts
11873 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I have been buying Metro’s house brand Irresistibles Ice Cream. I also buy Kawaratha Dairy and between the two, I find the Metro one to be a lot better.

@Neo_ZX

Try the Metro ice cream. It is on sale till September for 3.99$ for 1.5L and it balls up easily, Soft and smooth.

https://www.metro.ca/en/online-grocery/ ... 9749877244
Banned
Jan 31, 2020
188 posts
340 upvotes
leg3nd wrote: Costco has the 28 pack for $13.99? Few dollars more
No Frills comes to approximately $0.46 per bottle versus Costco at approximately $0.50 per bottle.

No Frills' price is definitely better though given the lineups everywhere, Costco is certainly a viable option if you happen to be there and factor in your time.
"I go for the jugular" - Kobe Bryant
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11652 posts
2857 upvotes
Toronto
Neo_ZX wrote: FWIW even if this can technically be called ice cream, it isn't quite smooth and breaks apart when you try to ball it. To me that's a dead giveaway something funky is going on.
Its the thickening agents thats why but back on topic but those looking for a budget frozen dessert this is a good deal. I use to eat PC Cream First and remember when it was on sale for $3.99
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21628 posts
17281 upvotes
Markham
Neo_ZX wrote: FWIW even if this can technically be called ice cream, it isn't quite smooth and breaks apart when you try to ball it. To me that's a dead giveaway something funky is going on.
Don't ever recall my ice cream not "ball'ing" and fallin off my cone, I also find ice cream of almost any grade to be "quite smooth" [only time it isn't is when it melted a bit on the way home and then got re-freeze ice crystalled].

Do you want the $2.99 ice cream or not? Or would you rather buy a $$$ for a commercial ice cream churner and make your own? BTW 500 ml of whipping cream goes for almost this $2.99 price (2 for $5 at SDM if on sale).

Why do threads go offline all the time? ==>> ....this is not "cream", this has XYZ in it etc etc etc. It's OK to pay a lot less without knowing how companies "deceive" us by whipping more air or using enhancers. If this were high end artisinal ice cream, then we can get into the "weeds".
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Nov 8, 2007
666 posts
387 upvotes
I just quickly mentioned it because that's my opinion of this specific product that I happened to buy recently (not on sale). It's not a pleasing texture but still tastes okay. I don't mind some fillers if the price is right and you don't break a cone trying to pack the ice cream into it. That said, I wouldn't buy this again even on sale.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
Gee wrote: I have been buying Metro’s house brand Irresistibles Ice Cream. I also buy Kawaratha Dairy and between the two, I find the Metro one to be a lot better.

@Neo_ZX

Try the Metro ice cream. It is on sale till September for 3.99$ for 1.5L and it balls up easily, Soft and smooth.

https://www.metro.ca/en/online-grocery/ ... 9749877244
Thanks. Never imagined a store brand ice cream would taste that good
Gotta give it a try
Any flavour to recommend?
<inappropriate signature>
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38325 posts
11873 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Terabithia wrote: Thanks. Never imagined a store brand ice cream would taste that good
Gotta give it a try
Any flavour to recommend?
Pralines and Cream

https://www.metro.ca/en/online-grocery/ ... 9749877237

For me, the test is pulling the ice cream out of the freezer and using the ice cream scope. The Metro one goes in easily and it is soft and stays together. It doesn’t break the sugar cone (which is also on sale at Metro for 1.49$ for 12 cones). Kawaratha Ice Cream takes a minute to soften. Coming out of the freezer, it is quite stiff.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)