Expired Hot Deals

[No Frills] Campbell's Soup $0.47, Carrots, Beets, Onions, Potatoes (10lb) $1.97, and Other Highlights - Sep 17-23 (Toronto Area)

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2020 7:07 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2396 posts
3805 upvotes

[No Frills] Campbell's Soup $0.47, Carrots, Beets, Onions, Potatoes (10lb) $1.97, and Other Highlights - Sep 17-23 (Toronto Area)

No Frills (Greater Toronto Area)
September 17-23, 2020


Campbell's condesnsed soup, 284mL (vegetable, tomato, cream of mushroom, or chicken noodle) $0.47
Rutabags (5 lb) $1.97
Carrots/beets/yellow onions/yellow potatoes (10 lb) $1.97


Also:

Italpasta (750g) $0.72
St. Hubert/Swiss Chalet meat pies (650-800g) $4.97
Green peppers $0.97/lb ($2.14/kg)
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
20 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2007
3973 posts
4443 upvotes
GTA
Which chicken pies are better, Swiss Chalet or St. Hubert's?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2396 posts
3805 upvotes
Kfox wrote: Which chicken pies are better, Swiss Chalet or St. Hubert's?
Get one of each ;)
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
12355 posts
4238 upvotes
Toronto
Kfox wrote: Which chicken pies are better, Swiss Chalet or St. Hubert's?
Huberts are heavier 675g to 800g whereas SC ranges from 650g to 655g
SH has a beef pie but I've never seen that in Frills
If you prefer a beef pie SC is your only choice
If you don't mind chicken SH is 800g and SC is only 650g
SC doesn't make a Tourtiere AFAIK so that's SH only
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4566 posts
1083 upvotes
Wat
You know it's Fall when carrots, beets, potatoes and onions are $1.97 for 10lb.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1734 posts
353 upvotes
Wiseman wrote: You know it's Fall when carrots, beets, potatoes and onions are $1.97 for 10lb.
I've been waiting for this sale, come on roasted veggies.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2007
3973 posts
4443 upvotes
GTA
jenviea wrote: Huberts are heavier 675g to 800g whereas SC ranges from 650g to 655g
SH has a beef pie but I've never seen that in Frills
If you prefer a beef pie SC is your only choice
If you don't mind chicken SH is 800g and SC is only 650g
SC doesn't make a Tourtiere AFAIK so that's SH only
All good to know, thanks. But which chicken pie tastes better?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2007
3973 posts
4443 upvotes
GTA
Sum_guy wrote: I've been waiting for this sale, come on roasted veggies.
Price match Freshco for buttercup, butternut, acorn and spaghetti squashes all $.67/lb

And pm Walmart for sweet potatoes at $.67/lb
Last edited by Kfox on Sep 16th, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2396 posts
3805 upvotes
Kfox wrote: Price match Freshco for buttercup, butternut, acorn and spaghetti squashes all $.67/lb
I'll aim for cheaper. @will888 would probably understand the inside joke.
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1195 posts
1767 upvotes
Toronto
green cabbage. $.47 / lb ($1.04 / kg).
was 98 cents a lb last month
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 24, 2012
5632 posts
1806 upvotes
Space
Maybe dumb question, but can you freeze carrots or beets? Or is there a better way?
Sr. Member
Jul 24, 2019
558 posts
672 upvotes
Canada
Thanks OP.
1000 points earned when you buy 4 L Neilson milk too
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 20, 2006
2067 posts
1535 upvotes
Solsearchin1 wrote: Maybe dumb question, but can you freeze carrots or beets? Or is there a better way?
Maybe dice the carrots first, before you freeze them. I remember having a a frozen whole carrot in there for 6 months, until I finally found a use for it. When it thawed, it was all wet and squishy when cutting into it.

Top