Hot Deals

[No Frills] Case of Red Mangos $5.97, Whole Seedless Watermelon 9lbs $2.97 (ONT) May 6-12

• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2021 2:12 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
3319 posts
17606 upvotes

[No Frills] Case of Red Mangos $5.97, Whole Seedless Watermelon 9lbs $2.97 (ONT) May 6-12

Starting on Thursday in Ontario. Will update later if available Canada wide.

Other items on sale,

Royale Bath Tissue 30=60 rolls $9.97 (Use $1.00 off coupon on Royale.ca)
10" Hanging Baskets $8.00
Pork Half Loin $1.97lb
Pork Rib Side Ribs $2.47lb
Maxwell House or Nabob Coffee Pods 30pk $9.97 (with 1,000 PCO points)
Last edited by hill15 on May 4th, 2021 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
51 replies
Aug 26, 2019
305 posts
293 upvotes
The6ix
Which variety of mango usually goes on sale like this?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
3319 posts
17606 upvotes
OAlton wrote: Which variety of mango usually goes on sale like this?
No variety mentioned, other than Red.
May 13, 2010
369 posts
153 upvotes
Ottawa
OAlton wrote: Tommy or Haden variety? Red can be any
Just about all mangoes sold in Canada or the States are descended from Haden.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
27256 posts
6754 upvotes
Hamilton
Damn. Just got a watermelon from Costco for $8.99
$35/10GB Koodo
$40/10GB Koodo
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
19646 posts
7289 upvotes
Toronto
yao416 wrote: Damn. Just got a watermelon from Costco for $8.99
You did good, they were $10.99 at my local one yesterday (Scarborough)
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1873 posts
1182 upvotes
yao416 wrote: Damn. Just got a watermelon from Costco for $8.99
Fruits at Costco are better than anything No Frills ever has sold.
Nov 26, 2003
803 posts
1273 upvotes
Toronto
djpr wrote: Fruits at Costco are better than anything No Frills ever has sold.
I'd like to disagree. I love Costco, but the fruits are maybe of the worst quality out of everything in there. The bananas are easily the worst, the berries will not last more than a day or two. The oranges are packaged in a way that they are getting squished, you may think they are bright orange, but it's only that way because they have an orange netting to make it seem like they are bright orange.
Aug 26, 2019
305 posts
293 upvotes
The6ix
eternity525 wrote: I'd like to disagree. I love Costco, but the fruits are maybe of the worst quality out of everything in there. The bananas are easily the worst, the berries will not last more than a day or two. The oranges are packaged in a way that they are getting squished, you may think they are bright orange, but it's only that way because they have an orange netting to make it seem like they are bright orange.
Bananas are literally the freshest i've seen in Costco
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1873 posts
1182 upvotes
eternity525 wrote: I'd like to disagree. I love Costco, but the fruits are maybe of the worst quality out of everything in there. The bananas are easily the worst, the berries will not last more than a day or two. The oranges are packaged in a way that they are getting squished, you may think they are bright orange, but it's only that way because they have an orange netting to make it seem like they are bright orange.
The worst of costco > best of No Frills

No Frills buys from cheapest vendor. Costco chooses based on quality.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4641 posts
4433 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Is there somewhere in Ontario that actually grows watermelons?

I can't imagine how bad these will be for $3 otherwise considering that's even cheaper than the personal ones.
Nov 26, 2003
803 posts
1273 upvotes
Toronto
djpr wrote: The worst of costco > best of No Frills

No Frills buys from cheapest vendor. Costco chooses based on quality.
Again, I'm not going into a discussion of WHERE they get their produce because I've never worked there, I'm going by personal experience.

However, I do know that No Frills is owned by Loblaw, they are a produce/groceries company. Costco is a warehouse/business company who gets cheap prices because they buy in bulk.

If Costco fruits works for you, then be my guest, I'm not here to tell you not to buy from Costco, just sharing my personal experience.
Nov 5, 2018
329 posts
279 upvotes
eternity525 wrote: Again, I'm not going into a discussion of WHERE they get their produce because I've never worked there, I'm going by personal experience.

However, I do know that No Frills is owned by Loblaw, they are a produce/groceries company. Costco is a warehouse/business company who gets cheap prices because they buy in bulk.

If Costco fruits works for you, then be my guest, I'm not here to tell you not to buy from Costco, just sharing my personal experience.
Fair to say... my experience is that costcos fruit has been the best. The watermelon and pineapple are the largest and sweetest. Maybe you picked a bad batch of berries but they've lasted forever for us... we dont really buy costco fruit because it's extremely expensive when sales from Nofrills are on.

Walmart produce used to be of decent quality (sometimes fruit wasn't sweet at all)... now they have stopped price matching and theyre pretty expensive, so I'm just not sure. I only go to walmart when I wont be buying produce
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4641 posts
4433 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah where the hell is this attack on Costco's fruit coming from lmao. I've literally never had issues with anything from there, meanwhile I can't even count on two hands the number of issues I've had with produce from RCSS. Their bananas ripen too quickly because they don't store them properly, I've bought a completely green pineapple from there before that still managed to start going bad after only a couple days, tomatoes that have lasted only a couple days after bringing them home despite seeming fine in-store, etc, etc.

And that's not even including the stuff I didn't buy because it was already garbage in-store, because for whatever reason it seems like removing bad produce is extremely low-priority for them.
Apr 25, 2016
171 posts
141 upvotes
yow
Ferinthu1 wrote: Fair to say... my experience is that costcos fruit has been the best. The watermelon and pineapple are the largest and sweetest. Maybe you picked a bad batch of berries but they've lasted forever for us... we dont really buy costco fruit because it's extremely expensive when sales from Nofrills are on.

Walmart produce used to be of decent quality (sometimes fruit wasn't sweet at all)... now they have stopped price matching and theyre pretty expensive, so I'm just not sure. I only go to walmart when I wont be buying produce
I stopped going to Walmart after they stopped price matching. Plus talking to other family members Walmart has become expensive and they give you a hard time returning items.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18863 posts
6906 upvotes
Toronto
Costco by far has the best bananas that last a while and won't get bad.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

praseodymium