Expired Hot Deals

No Frills

Chicken Breast $2/lb, and Other Flyer Highlights - July 30- August 5, 2020 (Toronto area)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2020 4:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2999 posts
4825 upvotes

[No Frills] Chicken Breast $2/lb, and Other Flyer Highlights - July 30- August 5, 2020 (Toronto area)

No Frills (Ajax, Aurora, Brampton, Etobicoke, Markham, Milton, Mississauga, Nobleton, North York, Oakville, Oak Ridges, Oshawa, Pickering, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, Toronto, Vaughan, Whitby, Woodbridge)

July 30-August 5, 2020

Chicken breaast (fresh, skin-on, bone-in, club size) $2/lb ($4.41/kg)
Navel oranges $1/lb ($2.20/kg)
Coke/Pepsi soft drinks (2L) $1, also at RCSS
Public Mobile customer with a 20GB plan
19 replies
Apr 14, 2019
805 posts
722 upvotes
these frozen chicken breast aren't the greatest, seem to get soggy after defrosting, but I buy them, use them for souvlaki, i.e. with a long marinade, or satay, work just fine in a kebab, in terms of knife and forking this meat, I wouldn't do it, even on a sandwich, but the price is right for certain needs,
Jun 23, 2013
23 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
No Frills is becoming VERY slow to post their sale flyer. Mind you, they don't have that much to crow about
Jun 23, 2013
23 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
States that chicken breastb is FRESH!
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
25942 posts
10674 upvotes
Socially Distanced
rcnrcnrcn wrote: these frozen chicken breast aren't the greatest, seem to get soggy after defrosting, but I buy them, use them for souvlaki, i.e. with a long marinade, or satay, work just fine in a kebab, in terms of knife and forking this meat, I wouldn't do it, even on a sandwich, but the price is right for certain needs,
Weird, i have no problem with them, just ate one today as this sale is the same as this weeks. And i froze the rest of them as i have from previous no frills sales.
Though i tend to bake them for an hour after coating them with some olive oil, salt and spices.

I also cooked one on the BBQ for the first time last week, came out great, only took 45 mins.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Apr 14, 2019
805 posts
722 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: Weird, i have no problem with them, just ate one today as this sale is the same as this weeks. And i froze the rest of them as i have from previous no frills sales.
Though i tend to bake them for an hour after coating them with some olive oil, salt and spices.

I also cooked one on the BBQ for the first time last week, came out great, only took 45 mins.
sorry, i missed the "fresh" part, I assumed they were the frozen ones, that come in a sealed bag, gonna go and buy a bunch of these since chicken is so versatile, especially the breast,
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2999 posts
4825 upvotes
rcnrcnrcn wrote: these frozen chicken breast aren't the greatest, seem to get soggy after defrosting, but I buy them, use them for souvlaki, i.e. with a long marinade, or satay, work just fine in a kebab, in terms of knife and forking this meat, I wouldn't do it, even on a sandwich, but the price is right for certain needs,
While the sale that starts tomorrow is for fresh bone-in chicken breast, I don't bother thawing out the boneless frozen chicken breasts. I cook them straight from frozen and find that they turn out fine.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
25942 posts
10674 upvotes
Socially Distanced
rcnrcnrcn wrote: sorry, i missed the "fresh" part, I assumed they were the frozen ones, that come in a sealed bag, gonna go and buy a bunch of these since chicken is so versatile, especially the breast,
Those frozen ones are processed somehow, i suspect they are soaked in some kind of preservative brine before being frozen. I avoid those since they are as cruddy as you said.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2999 posts
4825 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: Weird, i have no problem with them, just ate one today as this sale is the same as this weeks. And i froze the rest of them as i have from previous no frills sales.

Where I am, the fresh chicken breasts are not yet available for this price. This is likely due to regional sale variation.
Last edited by computergeek541 on Jul 29th, 2020 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
25942 posts
10674 upvotes
Socially Distanced
computergeek541 wrote: Where I am, the fresh chicken breasts are not yet available yet for this price. This is likely due to regiional sale variation.
That sucks, i bought two packages yesterday and now that my fridge is fixed if i get to no frills in the next week i'll buy several more.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19529 posts
2242 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
computergeek541 wrote: While the sale that starts tomorrow is for fresh bone-in chicken breast, I don't bother thawing out the boneless frozen chicken breasts. I cook them straight from frozen and find that they turn out fine.
Will have to try that. Their value is undisputed (for me). Probably thawing draws out all the brine and moisture and you get a tough piece of meat.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2085 posts
451 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: Those frozen ones are processed somehow, i suspect they are soaked in some kind of preservative brine before being frozen. I avoid those since they are as cruddy as you said.
Agree with the frozen pieces. Seems like they inject them with liquid/brine and they end up a defrosted piece of crap.
At least I assume that, because I haven't bought them in years due to the extremely poor quality.

P.S. Really not thrilled that No Frills no longer has a hard copy Flyer delivered or even at the store front.
It used to be only death and taxes were inevitable. Now, of course, there's shipping and handling, too.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2085 posts
451 upvotes
6060842 wrote: is there corn on sale ?
Best price I have seen starting tomorrow is at Food Basics 10 / $1.88
It used to be only death and taxes were inevitable. Now, of course, there's shipping and handling, too.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2999 posts
4825 upvotes
MJB wrote: Best price I have seen starting tomorrow is at Food Basics 10 / $1.88
As I said, don't got there.

I already posted about that, but people got carried away and the thread got locked.
Last edited by computergeek541 on Jul 30th, 2020 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 10, 2017
91 posts
121 upvotes
Not to hijack this thread, but some No Frills sell a 5KG box of fresh boneless skinless Halal chicken breasts for $50. Combine that with the 20% in Optimum points on fresh chicken (plus this week I got the get 7500 points WYS $75, it made the actual price just over $3 per pound,
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2999 posts
4825 upvotes
Supercooled wrote: Will have to try that. Their value is undisputed (for me). Probably thawing draws out all the brine and moisture and you get a tough piece of meat.
Walmart sells similar frozen chicken breasts and the packaging for these says "cook from frozen". I was actually thinking about the mess it would create after thawing it out, but some meats cook better frozen if they are already in that state.

But, no need to worry about that with the current special.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4660 posts
5947 upvotes
GTA
Chicken sold out at Luciano's NF tonight
Nov 1, 2017
269 posts
257 upvotes
There was one package left of chicken at Rocco's No Frills in Toronto at 8pm and someone grabbed it 10 seconds before I got to it.
Usually that store is stocked when these sales happen and the last time it was $2 a lb, the sale continued into the next week and eventually had 30% off stickers on them at one point.
They still have the $3 lean ground beef sale from the previous week available.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4660 posts
5947 upvotes
GTA
less than half price on Neilson Whipping Cream (35%) 473ml $2 (reg $4.07)

1L half and half and 473ml of table cream(18%) also $2