• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2021 1:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2009
1304 posts
425 upvotes

[No Frills] Del Monte Mango Nectar, Tropicana Premium Juice $1.00 Each

Del Monte Nectar or Tropicana Premium Juice $1.00 each.
Images
  • del monte 960 ml.jpg
  • tropicana.jpg
27 replies
Sep 5, 2020
340 posts
213 upvotes
They sell for $1 often. Previous years the Del Monte nectar had a coupon for 25 cents around Chinese New Year but not this year.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
2752 posts
2031 upvotes
Toronto
Not to bash the OP but general curiosity what is with all the normal sales being posted as special? Seems like there is a thread for every grocery staple. Somethings I can understand, if there is a large discount but stuff like this I don't.
Last edited by WMPCOT on Feb 20th, 2021 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
1941 posts
404 upvotes
I can see why people say it's not a deal because it's a normal sale. But for me, it is a deal. I can go through 1 container a day. So I'm stocking up when it's $1. The Guave is my favourite. These juices are also a good source of vitamin C. The ingredients are pretty good compared to other similar beverage types. I also like the Mango.
Nov 15, 2020
601 posts
1133 upvotes
Yeah let's just post every single item from a flyer on here!
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
2752 posts
2031 upvotes
Toronto
MasterMK wrote: Del Monte Mango Nectar, Metro is selling it for $2.29 and No Frill is currently selling it for $1.00. That is as Saving of $1.29 and that translate into Saving of 129 Percent.

https://www.metro.ca/en/online-grocery/ ... nhEGTuSqvQ
You cannot compare a 'high' end grocery store and their regular pricing to a No Frills sale ad. How much is this product at No Frills regularly then you have a better starting point. Not to mention the product is often on sale at this price at No Frills.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
2741 posts
790 upvotes
The $1 Tropicana is a ripoff. Half of the $1 items are specially made for the sale. Everyone just sees the $1 but they don't bother looking at the quantity you're getting. Buy 5 of these and
you've paid for a 2.5L jug.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2009
1304 posts
425 upvotes
I was at a huge Dollar Store, they were selling Del Monte Nectar for $1.50, I can't guarantee expiry date on these product. But No Frill still comes out cheaper at $1.00.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9731 posts
1944 upvotes
Toronto
No frills been selling it at this price for the last 2 months at least. Good price but it's almost like their regular price.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2009
1304 posts
425 upvotes
I have been buying Del Monte Mango Nectar from No Frill for past 2 months. Price has been reduced from previous price. Sale $1.00 flyer customer appreciation day.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2661 posts
1012 upvotes
Ottawa
WMPCOT wrote: You cannot compare a 'high' end grocery store and their regular pricing to a No Frills sale ad. How much is this product at No Frills regularly then you have a better starting point. Not to mention the product is often on sale at this price at No Frills.
But why does it matter if it is high end store or not? We should be comparing just based on price.

It is like how we compare prices from Canada Computers vs Best Buy vs Amazon. Nobody ever comments on how nice the inside of the store is. We just want to know if the product is legit and if the price is legit. In the case of electronics warranty/exchanges factor in, but not for this food stuff.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
2752 posts
2031 upvotes
Toronto
eugene188 wrote: But why does it matter if it is high end store or not? We should be comparing just based on price.

It is like how we compare prices from Canada Computers vs Best Buy vs Amazon. Nobody ever comments on how nice the inside of the store is. We just want to know if the product is legit and if the price is legit. In the case of electronics warranty/exchanges factor in, but not for this food stuff.
It matters because the prices are always higher there. Should people use the price from a gas station or corner store to make their deal look better?

Your analogy makes no sense, it has nothing to do with store decor. Compare apples to apples, the regular price of this item at No Frills isn't $2.29 its $1.67 so mentioning price from a high end store that is higher in price is doing so to give a false sense of savings.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
1130 posts
529 upvotes
Ingredients: sugar, water, orange

I'd much rather buy an actual mango, cut it into halves and scoop out the fruit with a spoon.

Juice is not your friend.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2006
1828 posts
289 upvotes
North York
As humans become more and more health conscious, these juices have become junk food.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5331 posts
1437 upvotes
Kanata
brutal wrote: As humans become more and more health conscious, these juices have become junk food.
Waiting for the day where the whole isle is condensed into a couple of shelves. These things are junk to your body and the planet.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Nov 28, 2019
471 posts
211 upvotes
muffin4life wrote: Aren't these loaded with sugar?
Yep that is why I stopped buying it.

I need some juice for my green smoothie that have almost each day. I can't do water that is too hardcore for me.

I switched to the PC Pineapple juice what is usually a $1 as well as it at least has no added sugar and in and is 100% pineapple (no other fruits added).

They have Mango Juice as well but it has other fruits in it as well, but at least no sugar added.