Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
No Frills

Farmer's Market white or Russet potatoes or Yellow Onions 10lb Bag $1.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2022 2:53 pm
Banned
May 22, 2019
1469 posts
2121 upvotes

[No Frills] Farmer's Market white or Russet potatoes or Yellow Onions 10lb Bag $1.99

Farmer's Market white or Russet potatoes or Yellow Onions 10lb Bag $1.99

deal starts from October 27th
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2022
1603 posts
2748 upvotes
thanks OP.

I love and wait for these sales.
All 3 are staples.
They bags of sweet potatoes are in now too.

Learn to cook these to dramatically lower your food bill.

I wish I knew how to store for the whole winter.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2461 posts
949 upvotes
Halton
podric wrote:
I wish I knew how to store for the whole winter.
Love to learn how to store potato and sweet potato as well.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3914 posts
4767 upvotes
Canada
I think this is an Ontario+East flyer deal.
NoFrills separates that from the North Ontario + West flyer deals.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1663 posts
4016 upvotes
Fire wrote: Love to learn how to store potato and sweet potato as well.
idk about sweet potato but my mom taught me a really simple way and they last for a really long time (way longer than the winter)
  1. Put newspaper in dark cold basement/garage (never at freezing temperature)
  2. Put large potato(ignore the tiny one or the one with cuts) on newspaper, leaving 1cm between them
  3. Wait 2-3 weeks so the skin get stronger
  4. Put all potato in a cardboard box at the same dark cold place (basement/garage)
Fresh potaty all winter!
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1693 posts
1946 upvotes
vancouver
I have found in recent years that lots of on sale potatoes have these black spots on the inside. It's super annoying to cut out the black parts and I've ended up throwing out like 50% of the potato. And it's impossible to tell from looking on the outside whether that will be a problem or not.
Jan 13, 2012
565 posts
617 upvotes
Vancouver
Are the onions still a clear out of last year's gross onions where half the bag is rotten? It was an awful year for onions (around Vancouver, anyways). Meanwhile, just across the border Washington onions are cheap and fresh. Very strange.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11320 posts
3870 upvotes
Nowhere
frozenmelon wrote: I have found in recent years that lots of on sale potatoes have these black spots on the inside. It's super annoying to cut out the black parts and I've ended up throwing out like 50% of the potato. And it's impossible to tell from looking on the outside whether that will be a problem or not.
I found that this summer. I've never thrown out so many rotted potatoes within a few weeks of buying. A friend said the same thing. I thought maybe because the bags are always wet in the store but they've been that way for a long time. It seems everything comes in on the same frozen truck. I hate buying wet bags of potatoes. Anyone know what the issue is? Normally my potatoes last for months, grow horns and shrivel up, they don't rot like this so quickly.
Sep 8, 2010
868 posts
2178 upvotes
Windsor
chris5555 wrote: Are the onions still a clear out of last year's gross onions where half the bag is rotten? It was an awful year for onions (around Vancouver, anyways). Meanwhile, just across the border Washington onions are cheap and fresh. Very strange.
I Had bad luck w/ sweet onions this year. Not white /red/yellow. ontario

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)