Expired Hot Deals

[No Frills] Get 5,000 PC Points ($5) when you spend $20 or more on your next purchase (Sept. 11 to 13)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2020 9:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1749 posts
1226 upvotes
condo

[No Frills] Get 5,000 PC Points ($5) when you spend $20 or more on your next purchase (Sept. 11 to 13)

Deal is back at No Frills, attached full screen capture for all to use. It's a generic code again.

Thanks to Bubblegum86, you should be able to use at self checkout.

Hit start -> Optimus card -> scanned my barcode for points-> scanned merchandise -> clicked on button for discount and selected the one with the percentage off sign on it -> scanned 5k barcode and paid. Showed instantly in my app + receipt
Images
  • Screenshot_20200907-095108_Samsung Internet.jpg
Last edited by tmonies on Sep 7th, 2020 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
105 replies
May 26, 2011
799 posts
589 upvotes
It's getting strange for stores to entice shoppers to come during the peak days of the week already the 3rd weekend in a row. People including myself is learning to wait till Friday to shop . If I ran such promos, I'd encourage people to come shop during the slowest days of the week.

This tip in the OP didn't work yesterday as exactly:
clicked on button for discount and selected the one with the percentage off sign on it -> scanned 5k barcode and paid.
After I tapped the discount button with the percentage off sign, it gave me multiple options like in-store coupons, mfr coupons, the button with Loblaw's icon, and another I don't remember. After I scanned the coupon barcode, nothing happened, just beeped, so I called the attendant, he tapped something quickly, then the 5k bonus showed up on screen and receipt later.

Mods, please merge No Frills and RCSS threads, as the offers have been identical and both of them are owned by Loblaw's.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, TransferWise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
21631 posts
2391 upvotes
maverikbc wrote: It's getting strange for stores to entice shoppers to come during the peak days of the week already the 3rd weekend in a row. People including myself is learning to wait till Friday to shop . If I ran such promos, I'd encourage people to come shop during the slowest days of the week.

This tip in the OP didn't work yesterday as exactly:
clicked on button for discount and selected the one with the percentage off sign on it -> scanned 5k barcode and paid.
After I tapped the discount button with the percentage off sign, it gave me multiple options like in-store coupons, mfr coupons, the button with Loblaw's icon, and another I don't remember. After I scanned the coupon barcode, nothing happened, just beeped, so I called the attendant, he tapped something quickly, then the 5k bonus showed up on screen and receipt later.

Mods, please merge No Frills and RCSS threads, as the offers have been identical and both of them are owned by Loblaw's.
Likely trying to drive share. I have a feeling Discount/Hard Discount lost ground to Costco post-Covid with people making Costco part of their weekend routine. $15 to break that routine is money well spent.
Jul 30, 2018
42 posts
41 upvotes
Guys, did anyone try before?
can I get 5000pts if I redeem my points at check out?
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4207 posts
1096 upvotes
mdzakin wrote: Guys, did anyone try before?
To be safe, don't redeem during any current pts. for X pts. per $y dollars spent. You don't want to miscalculate and end up < $y, and don't get the new pts.
signature closed for renovation
Sep 29, 2010
258 posts
290 upvotes
tmonies wrote: Deal is back at No Frills, attached full screen capture for all to use. It's a generic code again.

Thanks to Bubblegum86, you should be able to use at self checkout.

Hit start -> Optimus card -> scanned my barcode for points-> scanned merchandise -> clicked on button for discount and selected the one with the percentage off sign on it -> scanned 5k barcode and paid. Showed instantly in my app + receipt
I wonder if this will this work if redeemed a similar $5 off $20 this past weekend (for signing up for their text flyer)? I guess we will find out...
Jul 25, 2015
171 posts
91 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Easiest to just redeem going through the till I find. I've tried a couple times using at the self scan, both RCSS and NoFrills, and always need assistance to get the coupon to show up.
Jul 25, 2015
171 posts
91 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
greatgordini wrote: I wonder if this will this work if redeemed a similar $5 off $20 this past weekend (for signing up for their text flyer)? I guess we will find out...
This is the third week for both RCSS and NoFrills, I've done both stores the last 2 weeks got the points every time. YMMV I guess, maybe they clamp down this week.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3037 posts
1640 upvotes
Yes, it worked this past weekend for me and other people on last weekend’s thread.
May 26, 2011
799 posts
589 upvotes
recordman wrote:
To be safe, don't redeem during any current pts. for X pts. per $y dollars spent. You don't want to miscalculate and end up < $y, and don't get the new pts.
On last weekend s thread, it was reporting using manufacturer coupons resulting less than $20 total working, I can confirm that it works.

Yesterday I bought total a bit over $20, redeemed manufacturers coupons ($6.88 Folgers coffee before $1 peel off coupons found at coffee section aisle and $1 rebate each with CO51), total came to around $19. I redeemed 10k and paid $9. I still got 5k pts on receipt and got it in my account instantly.
Last edited by maverikbc on Sep 7th, 2020 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, TransferWise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3563 posts
8894 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
maverikbc wrote: On last weekend s thread, it was reporting using manufacturer coupons resulting less than $20 total working, I can confirm that it works.

Yesterday I bought total a bit over $20, redeemed manufacturers coupons ($6.88 Folgers coffee before $1 peel off coupons found at coffee section aisle and $1 rebate each with CO51), total came to around $19. I redeemed 100k 10k and paid $9. I still got 5k pts on receipt and got it in my account instantly.
Thanks @maverikbc for confirming both coupons and redeeming works under the $20 threshold.

BTW, FTFY. ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1045 posts
273 upvotes
Has anyone gotten the points more than once per account if they do separate transactions?
Nov 22, 2014
79 posts
123 upvotes
Halifax, NS
maverikbc wrote: Mods, please merge No Frills and RCSS threads, as the offers have been identical and both of them are owned by Loblaw's.
Dear Mods, please take the following into consideration before you merge posts.... In Nova Scotia, we don't have the Real Canadian SuperStore. Their deals are not often applicable in our Loblaws-owned Atlantic Superstores. We do, however, have No Frills, so it would be helpful if you kept identifying those posts appropriately. Thanks.