Expired Hot Deals

[No Frills] Get 5,000 PC Points ($5) when you spend $20 or more on your next purchase (Sept. 18 to 20)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2020 12:46 am
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
2325 posts
1485 upvotes
Ontario
bobobee wrote: I tried this at self checkout, the employee needed to come over to override everytime I scanned it for my different transactions. did you guys have the same issue?
Also I tried for the same account, and it wasn't working.
JustMe000 wrote: It depends on the store. When I scanned the coupon, the light turned red and had to wait for the attendant
Same for me at No Frills. Wished coupon would just go thru automatically without employee intervention.
Sep 14, 2020
294 posts
155 upvotes
CalgaryBen wrote: Looks like the UPC increases by 1 each week (second last digit; last digit is the checksum which is calculated accordingly).

FWIW, here are the No Frills codes so far (this list provides no real value; just more for interest, and to emphasize that old barcodes cannot be re-used in subsequent weeks):
Do you have the RCSS ones too please?
JustMe000 wrote: No Frills and RCSS has their own coupon

No Frills

http://r.3c.com/3X4Q6oG3

RCSS

http://r.3c.com/LeJAEw4q

Just scan it like any item. An attendant will need to verify the coupon. New coupon is needed each weekend, just check the date.
Do you select store coupon when using the self checkout?
Oct 11, 2005
781 posts
1511 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
Me262A1 wrote: Do you have the RCSS ones too please?
Are you looking for historical links, or UPCs? Probably more appropriate if I were to post them in this thread if there's truly any value. I don't have the URL for the Aug 28-30 one; just the UPC. They started at 410000015858, then 410000015865, then 41000001572, and this coming weekend it's 410000015889.
Me262A1 wrote: Do you select store coupon when using the self checkout?
Scan as if you're scanning a product. In some cases it may work best if the attendant scans their card and enters an override first, but I think they've ironed out this wrinkle to mitigate this requirement.
Aug 22, 2009
481 posts
436 upvotes
Ottawa
JustMe000 wrote: It depends on the store. When I scanned the coupon, the light turned red and had to wait for the attendant
Good to know! I know at RCSS it’s that way but I assumed NF would use the same self checkouts.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1199 posts
648 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: It is a pattern of +7 then +17 and repeat.
135+7=142
142+17=159
159+7=166
166+17=183.

So the bar code for next week is UPC=410000017183
Heyyyy and they said math class was useless (jk I loved math class)
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone
Jun 30, 2016
169 posts
95 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
The first week of this offer, I had the barcode scanned by the cashier. It showed on the receipt but never got added to our PC account. We did scan our PC barcode before scanning the offer.

Any idea why?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1073 posts
1182 upvotes
urover wrote: The first week of this offer, I had the barcode scanned by the cashier. It showed on the receipt but never got added to our PC account. We did scan our PC barcode before scanning the offer.

Any idea why?
Cuz the PC Points program tries to scam people. You have to do a points inquiry. If you don't get it, return all that shit back to the store and let them know why.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2017
1729 posts
3751 upvotes
JustMe000 wrote: Yes, you can use the coupon in as many accounts and as many times as you want, just make sure it’s a different transaction each time.
You're telling me that I can distribute my weekly $100 grocery bill into 5 separate transactions for 25% off ($25) in points? Oh this will be interesting. LOL.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4113 posts
4659 upvotes
GTA
urover wrote: The first week of this offer, I had the barcode scanned by the cashier. It showed on the receipt but never got added to our PC account. We did scan our PC barcode before scanning the offer.

Any idea why?
if you read thread from first week you'll see there were issues
get-5-000-pc-points-5-when-you-spend-20 ... #p33029219
Sep 5, 2020
207 posts
137 upvotes
Krime1k wrote: You're telling me that I can distribute my weekly $100 grocery bill into 5 separate transactions for 25% off ($25) in points? Oh this will be interesting. LOL.
Yup, lots of people have done it, myself included. Just make sure you use the correct coupon. RCSS and NF has their own coupon with different UPC-A code (refer to previous posts)

If the person behind you gets upset that you’re doing that, offer them the coupon, $5 in point might make them happy.
Jun 29, 2006
436 posts
57 upvotes
JustMe000 wrote: At self checkout the attendant had to come and verify it, only tried once on self checkout. No problems going thru line, used it several times.

I think self checkout works differently than the lines. One time I bought Pringle’s through self checkout, I did not get the special member price. When I went to customer service, the member price would come up when they scanned it there.

Looks like if there’s any discount (30% off, coupons, etc) , the attendant needs to verify it.

PS. Did you use it today, as on Tuesday? The coupon is only valid Friday, Saturday, Sunday. You may have committed fraud, but otoh, the attendant should have told you the coupon wasn’t valid
I used it on Friday, so it was valid. I did two checkouts. first one went through no issue, still needed the attendant to override, but second one when I used the same account, the attendant told me it's not valid. so I scanned my husband's card, and it went through. I like self check out because I can split my orders up based on different cards, but if lining up is better, I might go that route next time!
Sep 14, 2020
294 posts
155 upvotes
CalgaryBen wrote: Are you looking for historical links, or UPCs? Probably more appropriate if I were to post them in this thread if there's truly any value. I don't have the URL for the Aug 28-30 one; just the UPC. They started at 410000015858, then 410000015865, then 41000001572, and this coming weekend it's 410000015889.

Scan as if you're scanning a product. In some cases it may work best if the attendant scans their card and enters an override first, but I think they've ironed out this wrinkle to mitigate this requirement.
I'd just like last week's coupon. When I called regarding last weekends coupon they asked for a copy of it
May 24, 2017
651 posts
436 upvotes
GTA

Any idea why?
Could just be a simple hiccup. I've had offers in the PC Optimum app and sometimes the item that comes with extra points doesn't actually appear after I purchase it. Open a query within the app and explain what points are missing. They usually can see fairly quickly that points weren't added, and then add them.