Expired Hot Deals

[No Frills] Get 5,000 PC Points ($5) when you spend $20 or more on your next purchase (Sept. 18 to 20)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2020 12:46 am
Sep 5, 2020
204 posts
135 upvotes
bobobee wrote: I used it on Friday, so it was valid. I did two checkouts. first one went through no issue, still needed the attendant to override, but second one when I used the same account, the attendant told me it's not valid. so I scanned my husband's card, and it went through. I like self check out because I can split my orders up based on different cards, but if lining up is better, I might go that route next time!
I don’t see why you can’t split the order up going thru cashier line
Sep 17, 2018
35 posts
68 upvotes
I texted offer to the number given and the reply asked for my postal code but when I supplied it that reply did not direct me to a coupon, just the flyer site. Unsubscribed then texted offer again, same results. ???
Aug 22, 2009
480 posts
432 upvotes
Ottawa
gamefacelouie wrote: I texted offer to the number given and the reply asked for my postal code but when I supplied it that reply did not direct me to a coupon, just the flyer site. Unsubscribed then texted offer again, same results. ???
Got this as well... maybe they fixed it?
Nov 25, 2018
3 posts
1 upvote
gamefacelouie wrote: I texted offer to the number given and the reply asked for my postal code but when I supplied it that reply did not direct me to a coupon, just the flyer site. Unsubscribed then texted offer again, same results. ???
Me too. I tried it twice and received the flyer twice. I did get the barcode a couple weeks ago, but never got around to using it.
Jan 14, 2008
211 posts
81 upvotes
Say I redeem 20,000 points, use this coupon. What are the chances I get the 5000 points? From what I recall you're not supposed to get points when redeeming. Just wondering if others have tried this.
Aug 22, 2009
480 posts
432 upvotes
Ottawa
Just got a text randomly from these people!

They crack me up! In for the lolz.
Images
  • B16CA254-A7D5-45B6-842D-75ECEFCCDE68.jpeg
Sep 5, 2020
204 posts
135 upvotes
Disclaimer: Theses tips are provided for educational purposes only. Reader’s discretion is advised.

A FYI I read regarding the 5000pts/$20 coupons FWIW:

(In Edmonton RCSS has self checkouts but NF don't.
The store I used is the RCSS in Clairview)

- 1st and foremost make sure you use the coupon for the respective store. I read people trying to use the RCSS coupon at NF and visa versa

- A RDFer posted that the coupon is scanned AFTER your items but BEFORE the manufacture's coupons

- The coupon is scanned like any other products/items the you have. (No need to press the discount button, some said they had to)

- It seems how the coupon is handled is differently for each jurisdiction, maybe for each store.

- When I went thru the self checkout, an attandant had to come and verify the coupon (light turned red), others reported the attendant interaction was not needed.

- Another RFDer reported that the coupon was invalid the second time at the self checkout with the same Optimum card but work with a different card

- I went thru the cashier line using the coupon several times with no issues

- Check weekly for a new thread for the new coupon for that week (if they continue offering it). The link for the coupon is posted in the OP post. If you insist on getting the coupon yourdelf, by all means, go for it.

I know there's more but I can't think of it right now.

HTH

EDiT: Disclaimer added,
Last edited by JustMe000 on Sep 22nd, 2020 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 5, 2020
204 posts
135 upvotes
mr_eko wrote: Say I redeem 20,000 points, use this coupon. What are the chances I get the 5000 points? From what I recall you're not supposed to get points when redeeming. Just wondering if others have tried this.
You'll still get points. I've bought stuff with points offer and redeemed point on the same transaction, got the points
Sep 5, 2020
204 posts
135 upvotes
ottawa_guy wrote: Got this as well... maybe they fixed it?
mals11 wrote: Me too. I tried it twice and received the flyer twice. I did get the barcode a couple weeks ago, but never got around to using it.
Since it's a generic coupon, I don't bother with the text. I just look for the new thread with the coupon for the week.

Looks like the coupon is just an incentive to opt in for their e-flyer, Once you opted-in, you get that 1 coupon and the e-flyer each week.

If you still insist on texting to get your own coupon, try opting out right after getting the coupon then opt in next week and see if you get the coupon.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
1474 posts
1217 upvotes
Winnipeg
mr_eko wrote: Say I redeem 20,000 points, use this coupon. What are the chances I get the 5000 points? From what I recall you're not supposed to get points when redeeming. Just wondering if others have tried this.
Redeeming 20K points has worked just fine for me 3x at RCSS so far. Twice I used a cashier, once self-checkout.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3266 posts
1802 upvotes
JustMe000 wrote: Since it's a generic coupon, I don't bother with the text. I just look for the new thread with the coupon for the week.

Looks like the coupon is just an incentive to opt in for their e-flyer, Once you opted-in, you get that 1 coupon and the e-flyer each week.

If you still insist on texting to get your own coupon, try opting out right after getting the coupon then opt in next week and see if you get the coupon.
This happens to me too. It seems you only receive the coupon the first time you texted, but never after that. I wonder how people posting the coupon here get their coupons. Are they all people first time texting? if they are all first timers, we will run out of first timers eventually.
Sep 5, 2020
204 posts
135 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: This happens to me too. It seems you only receive the coupon the first time you texted, but never after that. I wonder how people posting the coupon here get their coupons. Are they all people first time texting? if they are all first timers, we will run out of first timers eventually.
If we have 100 RFDers and each one did one for the week, we’re good for almost 2 years but this promo probably won’t go on for that long.
Jan 1, 2019
110 posts
64 upvotes
Is it correct to assume that the points can only be received for in-store purchases?

I cancelled my PC Insider membership and they sent me at offer for in-store pick-up. I wanted to see if they could combine (though unlikely).