Expired Hot Deals

[No Frills] Get 5,000 PC Points ($5) when you spend $20 or more on your next purchase (Sept. 18 to 20)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2020 12:46 am
Jul 1, 2012
212 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
JustMe000 wrote: Your inquiry must have been handled by someone reading these post .
Lol or probably just someone who read the terms and conditions of the offer unfortunately.
Dec 27, 2016
716 posts
997 upvotes
Just a heads up. First two weeks I used the coupon multiple times with the same cashier. Asked them to tell me each time I hit $20 and paid and used a different PCO account and used it again. (I have a few PCO accounts) Last weekend the cashier was adamant I could only use it once regardless if I had more than one PCO account. May be best to use self checkout or use different lanes for each $20 increments.
Aug 22, 2009
460 posts
423 upvotes
Ottawa
Worked for me. Two transactions at self checkout.

Weird that the NF closest to me only accepts debit/MasterCard. What the?? Is this normal?
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
13538 posts
3640 upvotes
GTA
ottawa_guy wrote: Worked for me. Two transactions at self checkout.

Weird that the NF closest to me only accepts debit/MasterCard. What the?? Is this normal?
NF does not accept AMEX or Visa at any locations I go to if that's what you are asking.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
15250 posts
3953 upvotes
Markham

Did you try tapping the Visa card?
the location close to me, the system only shows debit / Mastercard
but a No Frill rep, told me I can use Visa too
he said to select other option, but I didn't see it
I simply select the only option they have for credit card
and tap my visa

edit: At the cashier, they only take Debit or Mastercard ( no visa)
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Aug 22, 2009
460 posts
423 upvotes
Ottawa
RolandCouch wrote: NF does not accept AMEX or Visa at any locations I go to if that's what you are asking.
Yes that’s what I was asking.

In Ottawa we have two locations.. east end takes MC/Visa, but this new store only takes MC. So it was weird to me.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2007
1295 posts
109 upvotes
no frills has been taking visa (and amex i guess?) because of covid, they never accepted it before this, at least at the locations I've been to
Nov 22, 2016
457 posts
237 upvotes
I've been using Visa for my transactions at self checkout. On my way now to do my fifth purchase between $20 and $22 pre tax. Received the 5,000 points each time. Solid deal. THanks OP.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2003
1885 posts
621 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
did 3 transactions at Stitsville location (near ottawa)
1 - teller - scanned coupon and it made sound but it didn't show up. she told me it would show up as points in a couple weeks - nothing showing on the receipt;
2 - self check out - scanned coupon twice - asked assistant to confirm it had been accepted, she hit a couple buttons and confirmed - showed up on the receipt; and,
3 - self check out - scanned coupon twice and it showed up on the receipt. also, purchased $20 worth of chicken so got another 1,500 points in store.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3061 posts
1668 upvotes
101lol wrote: Tried using 2x last weekend. Did not get the points second time around and made an inquiry, was told only 1x per account. Not sure how some people getting it multiple times
Did the cashier scan the coupon for your 2nd transaction? You have to scan the coupon for each transaction. The system accepts multiple uses automatically without human action. The only time that you won’t get points after the 1st time is the ‘hard working and responsible’ cashier won’t allow you because they read and follow the rule. You are the only one so far that didn’t get the points for doing the inquiry. Maybe they know they had fixed the missing points problem now so they will check each inquiry carefully.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3061 posts
1668 upvotes
jshebib wrote: did 3 transactions at Stitsville location (near ottawa)
1 - teller - scanned coupon and it made sound but it didn't show up. she told me it would show up as points in a couple weeks - nothing showing on the receipt;
2 - self check out - scanned coupon twice - asked assistant to confirm it had been accepted, she hit a couple buttons and confirmed - showed up on the receipt; and,
3 - self check out - scanned coupon twice and it showed up on the receipt. also, purchased $20 worth of chicken so got another 1,500 points in store.
You should have returned everything from your first transaction and rebuy them at self checkout.
Sep 5, 2020
170 posts
93 upvotes

Yup, at RCSS too, no Visa, maybe cuz PC Financial cc is master card
Sep 5, 2020
170 posts
93 upvotes
Frank510 wrote: Just a heads up. First two weeks I used the coupon multiple times with the same cashier. Asked them to tell me each time I hit $20 and paid and used a different PCO account and used it again. (I have a few PCO accounts) Last weekend the cashier was adamant I could only use it once regardless if I had more than one PCO account. May be best to use self checkout or use different lanes for each $20 increments.
It may be different at each jurisdiction or store even. There’s places where interaction by attendant is needed if coupon is used while other places it’s not. As they say, YMMV
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2017
1630 posts
3613 upvotes
Krime1k wrote: You're telling me that I can distribute my weekly $100 grocery bill into 5 separate transactions for 25% off ($25) in points? Oh this will be interesting. LOL.
Well that was fun. Just asked the cashier to cash out every time I hit over $20. 7x scored 35000 points.

A37A7DBF-A163-4172-8089-2862505D2635.jpeg
Sep 14, 2020
13 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
JustMe000 wrote:
Yup, at RCSS too, no Visa, maybe cuz PC Financial cc is master card
Try the self checkout, I've noticed any NF near me, at the checkout don't accept visa credit but do visa debit but the self service at the same location does accept visa credit