Expired Hot Deals

[No Frills] Get 5,000 PC Points ($5) when you spend $20 or more on your next purchase (Sept. 18 to 20)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2020 12:46 am
Sep 5, 2020
169 posts
93 upvotes
origami wrote: Can you price match when doing self check out at No Frills or RCSS? How to do it?
Thanks.
You probably can but the attendant will have to verify it all and since there is only 1 attendant they will probably have you ring everything thru then go to customer service.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2429 posts
2439 upvotes
GTA
origami wrote: Can you price match when doing self check out at No Frills or RCSS? How to do it?
Thanks.
No PM at self checkout, for NF and RCSS. Regular cashier line only for PM.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5478 posts
4328 upvotes
mzmoney wrote: No PM at self checkout, for NF and RCSS. Regular cashier line only for PM.
Huh, I did not know that, as I've never done self-checkout at these stores. But at Walmart you can PM, and if they only have 1 attendant it's a PITA as you have to wait for them to come serve you while there's 6 other people screaming for help. LOL!

BTW, I just noticed yesterday that Walmart will stop offering "ad-match" on Oct 15, 2020. I asked if it was just at this current store that I was at, and the attendant said it was for all Walmart stores. That's unfortunate, cuz I liked being able to PM as many items that I wanted, whereas at NF there's a limit of 4 per item. The fresh produce at Walmart usually isn't as good as other grocers, but YMMV I guess. I liked doing the PM'ing for the convenience, especially during COVID times, with less stores to visit.

Makes me wonder how much longer it will be, before the other stores follow suit and drop the PM'ing (NF, RCSS, Freshco, any others?).
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2429 posts
2439 upvotes
GTA
bizee-bee wrote: Huh, I did not know that, as I've never done self-checkout at these stores. But at Walmart you can PM, and if they only have 1 attendant it's a PITA as you have to wait for them to come serve you while there's 6 other people screaming for help. LOL!

BTW, I just noticed yesterday that Walmart will stop offering "ad-match" on Oct 15, 2020. I asked if it was just at this current store that I was at, and the attendant said it was for all Walmart stores. That's unfortunate, cuz I liked being able to PM as many items that I wanted, whereas at NF there's a limit of 4 per item. The fresh produce at Walmart usually isn't as good as other grocers, but YMMV I guess. I liked doing the PM'ing for the convenience, especially during COVID times, with less stores to visit.

Makes me wonder how much longer it will be, before the other stores follow suit and drop the PM'ing (NF, RCSS, Freshco, any others?).
Pre-COVID, you could PM at self-checkout RCSS; our NF, we could never PM at self-checkout.

Hmm, interesting that Walmart stopping PM as of Oct 15th ... and forgot that you 'could' PM more than 4 items.

We have not been PM'ing much lately, as prefer to do self check out to avoid huge lineups and save time.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2003
1595 posts
5627 upvotes
Toronto
bizee-bee wrote: BTW, I just noticed yesterday that Walmart will stop offering "ad-match" on Oct 15, 2020. I asked if it was just at this current store that I was at, and the attendant said it was for all Walmart stores. That's unfortunate, cuz I liked being able to PM as many items that I wanted, whereas at NF there's a limit of 4 per item. The fresh produce at Walmart usually isn't as good as other grocers, but YMMV I guess. I liked doing the PM'ing for the convenience, especially during COVID times, with less stores to visit.

I don't shop at Walmart and just started price matching at No Frills/RCSS recently. I would be disappointed if they follow Walmart's lead. I never realized how easy price matching is.

Walmart ending ad-match is being discussed here:
walmart-ad-match-ending-october-15-2020-2403295/
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5478 posts
4328 upvotes
mzmoney wrote: Pre-COVID, you could PM at self-checkout RCSS; our NF, we could never PM at self-checkout.

Hmm, interesting that Walmart stopping PM as of Oct 15th ... and forgot that you 'could' PM more than 4 items.

We have not been PM'ing much lately, as prefer to do self check out to avoid huge lineups and save time.
Yeah, I know I'm heading for an early grave, but I love Campbell's Soups and Hunt's Thick & Rich spaghetti sauce. So it's nice to be able to bring 12+ cans of each to PM at a Walmart cashier. Whereas with NF they'd only take 4 cans of each item.

As for skipping the PM'ing to save time, I will forward the RFD 101 Handbook to you. Tsk, Tsk.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2429 posts
2439 upvotes
GTA
bizee-bee wrote: As for skipping the PM'ing to save time, I will forward the RFD 101 Handbook to you. Tsk, Tsk.
Am saving time and spending less by skipping PMing sometimes, Meanie Bee!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5478 posts
4328 upvotes
mzmoney wrote: Am saving time and spending less by skipping PMing sometimes, Meanie Bee!
OMG, did you just name-call me, ARE YOU NAME-CALLING ME!?!? Let me remind you, THAT is MY job. I will name-call MYSELF, thank you very much.

Cantankerous-Bee
:lol:
Jun 25, 2010
384 posts
62 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Used it today, and previously used it 2 weeks ago. Can also confirm you still get the points even if you've taken advantage of the offer at No Frills on a previous weekend.
Nov 1, 2006
105 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Spent $20.10 yesterday at No Frills and scanned the photo I took of OP’s code, worked alright.

Thank you OP,
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2017
1630 posts
3613 upvotes
Frank510 wrote: Just a heads up. First two weeks I used the coupon multiple times with the same cashier. Asked them to tell me each time I hit $20 and paid and used a different PCO account and used it again. (I have a few PCO accounts) Last weekend the cashier was adamant I could only use it once regardless if I had more than one PCO account. May be best to use self checkout or use different lanes for each $20 increments.
I had the ultimate Karen yesterday at RCSS. She told me I could only use it once despite the opposite experience on Friday. I was spending $160+ so I just left and went back in line to try my luck with a different cashier. She followed me and started directing the line and when it was my turn again she directed me back to her empty booth while she went on to continue directing others to different cashiers... expecting me to wait for her, like a child put in timeout.

I just left and went to the line-free self checkout and cashed out on my own multiple transactions. Didn’t get to price match but at least I got the points. The attendant at the self checkout thought it was brilliant and loved it. Completely different reactions.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2429 posts
2439 upvotes
GTA
bizee-bee wrote: OMG, did you just name-call me, ARE YOU NAME-CALLING ME!?!? Let me remind you, THAT is MY job. I will name-call MYSELF, thank you very much.

Cantankerous-Bee
:lol:
Stop stinging me Honeybee!!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7484 posts
3586 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: Huh, I did not know that, as I've never done self-checkout at these stores. But at Walmart you can PM, and if they only have 1 attendant it's a PITA as you have to wait for them to come serve you while there's 6 other people screaming for help. LOL!

I was thinking the same thing and was also disappointed about this change in PM policy at Walmart. But then I was also thinking that it is a bit risky for the stores to do this because it might mean that you skip shopping at their store altogether and you find a new "favourite" store to do all of your shopping at.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5478 posts
4328 upvotes
mzmoney wrote: Stop stinging me Honeybee!!
Dude, let's take this back to the churning threads. We'll duke it out over there. :D
choclover wrote: I was thinking the same thing and was also disappointed about this change in PM policy at Walmart. But then I was also thinking that it is a bit risky for the stores to do this because it might mean that you skip shopping at their store altogether and you find a new "favourite" store to do all of your shopping at.
I don't have a favourite store, but like someone mentioned at the Ad-match thread, I will often just go to Walmart because I have a few items that I need and they are advertised lower at several other stores. It was a pain to use the paper flyers at the start, but now with several phone apps available it's quick and easy, with maybe an extra minute, sometimes 2, added to the chekout process. I used to feel bad for making the people behind me wait, but never any more when the mobile apps made it so much more efficient. Plus, it's not just us as I notice more than half the people ahead of me are also ad-matching, and some are still using paper flyers, but I don't Flipp out with anger. I've been in their shoes before. LOL!