[No Frills] Go 2 Snax Kettle Potato Chips, 160 gram $1

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2019 10:06 am
[OP]
Feb 4, 2019
18 posts
113 upvotes

[No Frills] Go 2 Snax Kettle Potato Chips, 160 gram $1

For those who want to support an all-Canadian kettle chip company, keep this brand in mind.

Every so often, this brand appears at No Frills in the following flavours: Original, Sea Salt & Malt Vinegar, and Jalapeno.

Size is 160 gram.

Sale Price is $1.00 plus applicable taxes.

Based on past experience, this item is an in/out item and is only available for a limited time when advertised in No Frills flyers.

I think this product should be available all year long at the same $1 price to give Old Dutch, Miss Vickie's, and Kettle brands a run for their money.
Images
  • go2snax.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Mar 8th, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
59 replies
Feb 10, 2019
32 posts
87 upvotes
I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee these - I have 5 packets at home right now

And Yes, I buy them not just because they are amazing and delicious, but besides that I love that they are All_Canadian.

I agree that it should be 1$ all year long. Time to stock up again this week.
Nov 17, 2015
77 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP. Love these, does anyone know why they only come out once in a while?
Jun 9, 2002
169 posts
52 upvotes
If only this brand would offer a non-salted version...
Jun 4, 2012
27 posts
12 upvotes
BC
love the Jalapeno flavor... nice to see the sale extended
Dec 3, 2007
212 posts
130 upvotes
Anyone know if these have MSG in them?

I have a strong allergy -- always on the look out for brands that don't use MSG.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2017
1265 posts
483 upvotes
Always seen these but never tried thought they were 'no name' quality lol it's time to try them the I guess thx
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2003
1919 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
ahlong wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 7:40 am
Always seen these but never tried thought they were 'no name' quality lol it's time to try them the I guess thx
Agreed. Their name doesn't convey the highest of quality, but actually the chips are pretty good.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1058 posts
566 upvotes
glib wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 10:14 pm
Anyone know if these have MSG in them?

I have a strong allergy -- always on the look out for brands that don't use MSG.

Thanks

Nothing on the label to suggest so. This is just for the plain one sls, no flavour.

These are vey good, bought tons of them when they were around last time, guess 2 mths ago or so. Seems to be a seasonal item.
Jun 10, 2016
227 posts
180 upvotes
Mississauga
I got 2 boxes of Jalapenos 12x2 = 24 packets
Jan 25, 2014
120 posts
195 upvotes
Mississauga
Bought a bag of the salt and vinegar yesterday. It was too over-seasoned for me.
Oct 3, 2018
457 posts
357 upvotes
GTA
@exploitloopholes , argh just saw your post after my trip to No Frills!

Since going to buy a bunch of stuff tomorrow at SDM for the 20x points, guess I will get the

Sat/Sun '2 for $4' Miss Vickie's special

How does the taste compare to Miss Vickie's and what flavours are the tastiest?
Images
  • Screenshot_20190222-173830.png
[OP]
Feb 4, 2019
18 posts
113 upvotes
@mockingbird

I know exactly what you mean. Most potato chips (plain and flavoured) are TOO salty! I have done some research and found only mainstream TWO brands that have an UNSALTED version:

Kettle
Miss Vickie's

I purchased 2 packages of UNSALTED Kettle brand recently when they was on sale for $2 a bag (No Frills, Superstore). Both bags were too oily, but I would consider buying again since UNSALTED chips are so hard to find and too expensive to buy at regular price.

Purchasing UNSALTED Miss Vickie's needs some special effort. Most stores do NOT carry this variety. You need to contact the Front Store Manager and make a special request that he contact the merchandiser who delivers Frito-Lay products to your store to (1) either start carrying UNSALTED Miss Vickie's on the shelf at your regular SDM location; or (2) that he leave bags (in groups of 2) with the front store manager so you can get them when they are on a 2-for sale. Make sure you get a raincheck when they are on sale so you can get them at the 2-for price when they arrive. Please not: Some stores do NOT issue rainchecks for one, two, and three day sales, others do. Phoning customer service at SDM is useless because their standard response seems to be: "Each store is independently owned and operated and if they choose not to issue rainchecks on short sale items, that is their choice."

If one SDM front store manager fails you because he/she is lazy or can't be bothered, try another location.

Both companies (Kettle, Miss Vickie's) show their UNSALTED product on their website.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5358 posts
1550 upvotes
Space
Miss Vickie’s taste better IMO. They’re twice the price though.

mzmoney wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 5:41 pm
@exploitloopholes , argh just saw your post after my trip to No Frills!

Since going to buy a bunch of stuff tomorrow at SDM for the 20x points, guess I will get the

Sat/Sun '2 for $4' Miss Vickie's special

How does the taste compare to Miss Vickie's and what flavours are the tastiest?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)