No Frills

Hotter than the tropics! Case of 12 Red Mangoes 3.97 @ David’s Nofrills [ymmv]

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2021 3:08 pm
[OP]
Oct 6, 2019
17 posts
203 upvotes

[No Frills] Hotter than the tropics! Case of 12 Red Mangoes 3.97 @ David’s Nofrills [ymmv]

Hey guys, it’s me again, the corporate shill.

Business has been slow and the humidity has been high, as such these mangoes don’t have many days left and I hate seeing food waste so pick up a case of 12 for just 3.97 and don’t dare ask me how much money I’m losing!

This is at David’s Nofrills in Mississauga, Erin mills parkway and battleford. Highly doubt you will see this price any where else so buy them before my boss comes back!
Images
  • 391E7116-48DE-4503-ABEB-46A6ABE2A860.jpeg
16 replies
Feb 10, 2009
86 posts
291 upvotes
Milton
@Producio I wish our local nofrills had an awesome produce manager like you. Firstly, you order enough so that there's always stock. Our local no frills is always out of stock of flyer items after the first day. Secondly, you'd rather have produce sold at a loss than have it go to waste. AMAZING. I have seen our local RCSS throw out bins and bins of bread at the end of the day. They don't even donate it to Second harvest or sell it at a discount. Just the trash and it's horrible.

Keep up the good work : D Seriously appreciate people like you. Cheers
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2007
1016 posts
1131 upvotes
Oakville
A male magician disappeared into the fruit

Where did the man-go
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
2566 posts
1751 upvotes
I bought these boxes at 6$ and 8$ these last few weeks.

It's hit or miss. Some were sweet and suitable to eat directly, while other boxes didn't seem to ripen no matter how much time passed....but I knew that when I bought them at 8$.

At 4$ this is a solid buy.
Aug 23, 2019
95 posts
13 upvotes
Wish I could pick them up. Unfortunately, I live in the east end.
Apr 5, 2010
495 posts
210 upvotes
Mississauga
They were checking each box at self checkout to make sure you accidentally didn’t pick up an extra one, thought the idea of clearance was to get rid of them 🤨☺️
Mar 14, 2013
699 posts
800 upvotes
Toronto
dealixious wrote: They were checking each box at self checkout to make sure you accidentally didn’t pick up an extra one, thought the idea of clearance was to get rid of them 🤨☺️
Doesn’t mean people have to steal Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
3571 posts
882 upvotes
North York
At Yonge / 16th Ave, No Frills Richmond Hill - they were selling them yesterday at $5 - sorry couldn't find one carton with decent mangoes - all had either gone bad or on their way to going bad. Unfortunate - as I lovve mangoes.
[OP]
Oct 6, 2019
17 posts
203 upvotes
dealixious wrote: They were checking each box at self checkout to make sure you accidentally didn’t pick up an extra one, thought the idea of clearance was to get rid of them 🤨☺️
You would be shocked at how many mangoes people try to shove into a case. Theft is theft, let me be the one to make the deals!
Apr 5, 2010
495 posts
210 upvotes
Mississauga
It doesn’t exactly say box of 12 so luckily They figured I was one short. Anyhow great deal.

but to your comments on stealing I wouldn’t think of it as stealing if there is no limit per box clearly advertised 🤷🏻‍♂️
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2602 posts
2028 upvotes
GTA
No question the price is good. But last time when we bought a case of (9 or 10); there were 3 that were definitely bad and 2 were on the border line. As much as I love these mangoes, I would not buy the by the case again.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Jun 16, 2021
340 posts
516 upvotes
Toronto
DragOnT wrote: No question the price is good. But last time when we bought a case of (9 or 10); there were 3 that were definitely bad and 2 were on the border line. As much as I love these mangoes, I would not buy the by the case again.
At less than 4 bucks for a case containing 3 bad ones, it is still a steal.
May 20, 2019
191 posts
644 upvotes
GTA
Bought yesterday at 5.97 from the same store. Can i get a price match ? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5297 posts
4281 upvotes
ari1105 wrote: Bought yesterday at 5.97 from the same store. Can i get a price match ? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Yes if you value your time is worth less than $2.
[OP]
Oct 6, 2019
17 posts
203 upvotes
ari1105 wrote: Bought yesterday at 5.97 from the same store. Can i get a price match ? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
You can come and buy more!
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3557 posts
1494 upvotes
Poof! I'm right here!
:P

Not my favourite mango but solid deal indeed!
In June, I saw boxes of 4 Pakistani mangoes being sold for $19.99 @ FreshCo - every single mango was rotten and could not be salvaged. No idea who was in charge there!
yohung wrote: A male magician disappeared into the fruit

Where did the man-go
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9193 posts
5047 upvotes
Can I order these online? I am in Vancouver but we don't have such good prices here. :)