Expired Hot Deals

No Frills

Kale 97 cents each, Collard Greens 97 cents each. Ends 5/12. Ontario. YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2021 3:18 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1959 posts
3969 upvotes
Bloor-Yonge

[No Frills] Kale 97 cents each, Collard Greens 97 cents each. Ends 5/12. Ontario. YMMV

the search results are for ontario. so ymmv.
get these 2 superfood for cheap. Both greens are 97 cents each

Kale regular price is $2.47 (60% off)
Collard greens regular price is $3.47 (72% off)
Images
  • kale.PNG
  • collard.PNG
Last edited by oicthat2013 on May 12th, 2021 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
18 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4660 posts
5947 upvotes
GTA
Collards are my favorite greens, thanks OP
Sr. Member
Apr 3, 2010
505 posts
563 upvotes
They've reduced the size of the bunches. They are noticeably smaller than they used to be.
Member
Aug 26, 2019
385 posts
469 upvotes
Guelph-Kitchener-Wat…
nice, time to make some dehydrated chip snacks!
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2019
1145 posts
1880 upvotes
Canada
Thanks OP
OAlton wrote: nice, time to make some dehydrated chip snacks!
Chop and freeze. Prices of veggies supposed to go up later in the year.
Member
Aug 26, 2019
385 posts
469 upvotes
Guelph-Kitchener-Wat…
kimmelite wrote: Thanks OP

Chop and freeze. Prices of veggies supposed to go up later in the year.
I'll be ok, thanks. it's already up.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 14, 2017
1045 posts
1455 upvotes
Toronto
Kale is basically poison.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Nov 17, 2012
195 posts
286 upvotes
Whitby, ON
kthxbye wrote: Kale is basically poison.
Do you mean because of what heavy metals it pulls from the ground or do you just not like kale?

Genuinely curious as it is hard to find solid information about what is carried over into our soil grown veggies especially when they come from other countries that have their own regulations in what can be used in and on our food.
Sr. Member
Sep 11, 2011
763 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
kimmelite wrote: Thanks OP

Chop and freeze. Prices of veggies supposed to go up later in the year.
Chop, cook, then freeze for longer lasting in the freezer? Or can you just chop and freeze them?

TIA
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 14, 2017
1045 posts
1455 upvotes
Toronto
matt6288 wrote: Do you mean because of what heavy metals it pulls from the ground or do you just not like kale?

Genuinely curious as it is hard to find solid information about what is carried over into our soil grown veggies especially when they come from other countries that have their own regulations in what can be used in and on our food.
Oxalates & goitrogens among others. Most leafy greens have a fair bit of anti nutrients but kale is among the most toxic of them. Additionally, kale has practically zero bio available nutrients, it's just indigestible fiber. Oh and it tastes like crap and anybody who says otherwise are diluting themselves. Your body tells you through your taste buds not to eat it.
Member
Jun 10, 2006
214 posts
111 upvotes
Van City
It's $1.97 ea for BC. Might wanna update title to ON only.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 17, 2005
4964 posts
2371 upvotes
Markham
kthxbye wrote: Oxalates & goitrogens among others. Most leafy greens have a fair bit of anti nutrients but kale is among the most toxic of them. Additionally, kale has practically zero bio available nutrients, it's just indigestible fiber. Oh and it tastes like crap and anybody who says otherwise are diluting themselves. Your body tells you through your taste buds not to eat it.
Damn that must mean poutine is the most nutritious thing I've eaten
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 14, 2017
1045 posts
1455 upvotes
Toronto
evoviii wrote: Damn that must mean poutine is the most nutritious thing I've eaten
Salt, sugar, fat is the formula for fast food. It's called food science and it's based on which components are most stimulating to the human body based on our evolutionary history. None of our ancestors ever ran around eating leafy greens.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1959 posts
3969 upvotes
Bloor-Yonge
kthxbye wrote: Oh and it tastes like crap and anybody who says otherwise are diluting themselves. Your body tells you through your taste buds not to eat it.
i chop the leaves and stems and add it to a tomato sauce meat stew. it tastes good
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 14, 2017
1045 posts
1455 upvotes
Toronto
oicthat2013 wrote: i chop the leaves and stems and add it to a tomato sauce meat stew. it tastes good. you should give it a try before calling it "crap" tasting
Eat it raw without mixing it let me know how good it tastes. I use to drink kale smoothies as a vegan so I certainly know how it tastes and it's impact on health.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)