Expired Hot Deals

[No Frills] KITKAT 2021 Chinese New Year Tin Box - $1.14 YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2021 10:55 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 15, 2020
933 posts
1873 upvotes

[No Frills] KITKAT 2021 Chinese New Year Tin Box - $1.14 YMMV

Hi, was at Vito's No Frills (Keele and St Regis (Toronto)) and saw they had these Kitkat Chinese New Year tins for $1.14. Pretty good price, I remember there being a thread and they were like $2.xx. Not sure if it's the same price at other No Frills but they still had quite some left behind the empty box.
20210304_174236.jpg
Screenshot_20210304-191035_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Zoomer Wireless: $36 5GB Plan
25 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 7, 2014
1387 posts
1825 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
If you can find it, worth it for the tin alone to store shit lol

Doubt you could find a box at Dollarama for that quality/price
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2008
1161 posts
227 upvotes
saw it at no frills sheppard/kennedy for $3.99
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 18, 2012
9560 posts
4394 upvotes
Toronto
damn they close in 15 min... not a chance
Member
Jan 5, 2009
258 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
Aieyaa... uncle Roger says bad Omen to buy Chinese New Year Kit Kat at $1.14. Might as well be dead already. Half of something good $2.28 still does not make it right!
Newbie
Jan 21, 2007
35 posts
22 upvotes
solisjava wrote: Aieyaa... uncle Roger says bad Omen to buy Chinese New Year Kit Kat at $1.14. Might as well be dead already. Half of something good $2.28 still does not make it right!
LOL....very true!

For those that are curious, 114 can sound like "Dying everyday" or "Will die everyday"
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
4581 posts
1062 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Oh no
Kit Kat
Same Thread
Newbie
User avatar
Jan 24, 2015
57 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto, ON
solisjava wrote: Aieyaa... uncle Roger says bad Omen to buy Chinese New Year Kit Kat at $1.14. Might as well be dead already. Half of something good $2.28 still does not make it right!
Man, I read that in Uncle's (from Jackie Chan Adventures) voice Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 7, 2014
1387 posts
1825 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
eggmcmuffin wrote: Man, I read that in Uncle's (from Jackie Chan Adventures) voice Face With Tears Of Joy
Millenial Asian uncle vs zoomer Asian uncle showdown!

"JACKiiiiieeeee! One more thing..."
Jr. Member
Jun 10, 2006
166 posts
50 upvotes
Van City
One of those golden bars, not the entire pack of four bars, is 250 calories alone! So having all four bars equals to ~75% of your daily calorie intake (for East Asian body types).
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 15, 2020
933 posts
1873 upvotes
Kwik-E-Mart wrote: One of those golden bars, not the entire pack of four bars, is 250 calories alone! So having all four bars equals to ~75% of your daily calorie intake (for East Asian body types).
Oh really??!? Woooowww totally didn't realize that chocolate and caramel would have that many calories......
Zoomer Wireless: $36 5GB Plan
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 22, 2007
27181 posts
6618 upvotes
Hamilton
They don’t learn eh. Price it at $1.18 and it’ll be gone in 60 seconds.
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Newbie
Jan 26, 2007
58 posts
63 upvotes
Was in the Downsview area this morning and popped into the Keele store to get a tin. Turns out the shelf was cleared out ... RFD effect I suppose.
Sr. Member
May 23, 2008
853 posts
446 upvotes
Gtown ON
yao416 wrote: They don’t learn eh. Price it at $1.18 and it’ll be gone in 60 seconds.
You mean 88 seconds?
Member
Jan 5, 2009
258 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
I think that someone was actually making some discriminatory pricing here. The original price is $14.99 so WTF lowering the price to $1.14. Most asians and even non asians know that using 14 is bad luck just like how there is no level 13 and 14 in most condos these days. So like the discount of $13.85 is some uneven discount like 92.39%. Can someone chime in who works at Weston/No Frills that a clearout price ends in a 4 which I can understand? Otherwise this is racially discriminatory by the manager.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 6, 2010
7317 posts
3541 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
solisjava wrote: I think that someone was actually making some discriminatory pricing here. The original price is $14.99 so WTF lowering the price to $1.14. Most asians and even non asians know that using 14 is bad luck just like how there is no level 13 and 14 in most condos these days. So like the discount of $13.85 is some uneven discount like 92.39%. Can someone chime in who works at Weston/No Frills that a clearout price ends in a 4 which I can understand? Otherwise this is racially discriminatory by the manager.
So this deal is for non asian only?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Member
Jan 5, 2009
258 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
So try to think the last time you saw something priced like $666.13 or $1313.13. Let's see how well that would fly.
Sr. Member
Jan 26, 2017
986 posts
1108 upvotes
solisjava wrote: I think that someone was actually making some discriminatory pricing here. The original price is $14.99 so WTF lowering the price to $1.14. Most asians and even non asians know that using 14 is bad luck just like how there is no level 13 and 14 in most condos these days. So like the discount of $13.85 is some uneven discount like 92.39%. Can someone chime in who works at Weston/No Frills that a clearout price ends in a 4 which I can understand? Otherwise this is racially discriminatory by the manager.
Already spoke to manager at Weston/No Frills, he said it wasn’t selling well at $1.14 and he said he received a lot of death threats from Asian community for the pricing, so this morning he changed price to clearance price of $5.88 and it caused it to be sold out immediately.

Top