• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2018 9:38 am
[OP]
Dec 10, 2009
977 posts
3399 upvotes
Van Isle

[No Frills] Lavazza Rosso or Crema & Gusto ground coffee 250g $2.22

Good deal on a great coffee. These are good for the person that does not have time to grind their own everyday like me. No limit so buy it cheap and stack it deep.
inappropriate signature
24 replies
May 24, 2008
519 posts
124 upvotes
Alberta
Which province
Using the awesome Blackberry KEY2. & KeyOne. Used to have BlackBerry Passport SE, Z30, Z10, BOLD 9900, 9000, Playbook 36gb
May 24, 2008
519 posts
124 upvotes
Alberta
That's a great price
Using the awesome Blackberry KEY2. & KeyOne. Used to have BlackBerry Passport SE, Z30, Z10, BOLD 9900, 9000, Playbook 36gb
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
2207 posts
1728 upvotes
Markham
keefrto1 wrote: Which province
OP looks to be in BC. You can check their website and pick a local flyer. For me, just outside the GTA, it is in the flyer for $2.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Dec 25, 2012
674 posts
369 upvotes
Kingston
$2 for me too. I usually grind my own beans, but I like to keep some pre-grind on hand for those times I need to be extra quite early in the morning. Never tried this stuff though. It better be as good as you guys keep claiming. I recall seeing a deal here a few days ago on the beans, but didn’t jump on that as I still have tons of another brand.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7586 posts
3675 upvotes
Is this coffee super caramelly?? The price caught my eye when I was saw it in the store and tried to smell through the packaging but opted not to buy it because I wasn't sure if I would like it.
Feb 27, 2011
826 posts
444 upvotes
Regina
choclover wrote: Is this coffee super caramelly?? The price caught my eye when I was saw it in the store and tried to smell through the packaging but opted not to buy it because I wasn't sure if I would like it.
While the Crema E Gusto does mention caramel on the label, I don't find it caramelly. I do get the hints of chocolate and wood/tobacco though.

Good find OP. I paid more than twice that at Superstore earlier this week.
See my Buy Sell Trade ad for Replacement Panasonic Shaver Blades and Foils.

--------------------------------------------------
"PC LOAD LETTER!!. What the **** does that mean?"
[OP]
Dec 10, 2009
977 posts
3399 upvotes
Van Isle
keefrto1 wrote: Which province
Yes BC is the province but it looks like it can be had in Ontario for $2/pk....I drink the Rossa exclusively so I bought 10 packs.
inappropriate signature
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5249 posts
997 upvotes
Toronto
Do you guys think this will work well with a pour over?
Sep 21, 2008
518 posts
622 upvotes
I realize this may not be the thread to talk about such things, but buying pre-ground beans is a *Definite* no-no in the world of coffee.

The simple reason is this: the oils (read: yumminess) of the coffee bean are INSIDE the bean, where they are meant to stay until you start brewing it. By having beans ground weeks (and months) before consumption, all the oils are exposed to oxygen, contaminants (even odours will be absorbed), moisture, and CO2. Essentially, it's ruining the bean.

Spend a little more for whole beans and invest in a grinder. There are lots of whole bean options that are VERY cheap, but the difference is mind-blowing just by keeping the beans whole until it's brewing time!

That said, $2 sure is cheap :D :D
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1669 posts
1392 upvotes
Toronto
buriboi wrote: I realize this may not be the thread to talk about such things, but buying pre-ground beans is a *Definite* no-no in the world of coffee.

The simple reason is this: the oils (read: yumminess) of the coffee bean are INSIDE the bean, where they are meant to stay until you start brewing it. By having beans ground weeks (and months) before consumption, all the oils are exposed to oxygen, contaminants (even odours will be absorbed), moisture, and CO2. Essentially, it's ruining the bean.

Spend a little more for whole beans and invest in a grinder. There are lots of whole bean options that are VERY cheap, but the difference is mind-blowing just by keeping the beans whole until it's brewing time!

That said, $2 sure is cheap :D :D
Exactly and there's definitely a reason why ground coffee beans are a lot cheaper then whole beans..but ground/instant coffee consumer don't want to hear any of it.
Multi Millionaire in Points
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10205 posts
734 upvotes
This is a really good and strong coffee. Definitely worth the buy.

I bought the whole bean one from Costco and it was gone when I went back to stack up some more.