[No Frills] Lithium AA4's or AAA2's Energizer $2.97 in Flyer

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2019 12:51 am
[OP]
Jan 10, 2007
446 posts
539 upvotes

[No Frills] Lithium AA4's or AAA2's Energizer $2.97 in Flyer

This week's No Frills Flyer shows AA4 or AAA2 Lithium Batteries for $2.97 a card. Offer is extended to September 4, 2019
Last edited by driverso on Aug 28th, 2019 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
23 replies
Sep 4, 2016
164 posts
173 upvotes
The AA lithium are $10 at best buy. Price match and get the 4 pack for 2.20?
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4613 posts
1413 upvotes
Toronto
Dmichel99 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 9:54 pm
The AA lithium are $10 at best buy. Price match and get the 4 pack for 2.20?
Best Buy no longer offers the 10% price beat. They just match the price now.
Sep 4, 2017
106 posts
190 upvotes
People should invest in rechargeable batteries, way more efficient/cheaper (longrun)/eco friendly
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9218 posts
583 upvotes
Toronto
been buying ikeas recharable batteries
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3328 posts
1843 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
JohnF100 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 10:19 pm
People should invest in rechargeable batteries, way more efficient/cheaper (longrun)/eco friendly
I would have to disagree on it's depending on it's use. Batteries lose their capacity overtime and it also depends on the situation. If your using something day to day that can use up batteries quite a lot then hell yeah. If it's for a scale, emergency flashlight, tv remote, etc. I don't think you get as much use out of rechargeable.

I personally buy every 2 years or so a big 100 of the amazon AA and AAA it's 40 bucks in total and yes way past normal needs and such. But it's a safety yet living in Norther Ontario if the power does out or if all the sudden I need a demand or others I know need some I have them right there and then.

I also have the high powered LED Flash Lights that have the 3x AAA Batteries as emergency use and the standard is it like 2000mha? blue Battery for day to day use.

Either way to much frigan text but it's really on the situation of the persons needs.
---
Nov 1, 2006
378 posts
203 upvotes
kanechart wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 10:27 pm
I would have to disagree on it's depending on it's use. Batteries lose their capacity overtime and it also depends on the situation. If your using something day to day that can use up batteries quite a lot then hell yeah. If it's for a scale, emergency flashlight, tv remote, etc. I don't think you get as much use out of rechargeable.

I personally buy every 2 years or so a big 100 of the amazon AA and AAA it's 40 bucks in total and yes way past normal needs and such. But it's a safety yet living in Norther Ontario if the power does out or if all the sudden I need a demand or others I know need some I have them right there and then.

I also have the high powered LED Flash Lights that have the 3x AAA Batteries as emergency use and the standard is it like 2000mha? blue Battery for day to day use.

Either way to much frigan text but it's really on the situation of the persons needs.
There are a lot of dead laptop batteries around, you can harvest 18650 batteries from them. These are rechargeables. With that, you can buy all sort of battery-powered flashlights, headlamps, power banks using these batteries. A lot more powerful at no cost, save the environment as well....
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2067 posts
588 upvotes
Ottawa
kanechart wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 10:27 pm

I would suggest getting a flashlight that uses 18650 batteries if you really need a high powered light. Lights that use rechargeable lithium batteries are ridiculously bright these days, over 1000 lumens is quite common. And eneloops can keep a decent charge for a good number of years.

AA lithium batteries like the ones in OP are great tho. They should have a 10 year shelf life, and for me are more of an emergency thing. I don't use them unless everything else is dead.

I def want to get some of these lithiums to backup my rechargeables.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3328 posts
1843 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
eugene188 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 11:22 pm
I would suggest getting a flashlight that uses 18650 batteries if you really need a high powered light. Lights that use rechargeable lithium batteries are ridiculously bright these days, over 1000 lumens is quite common. And eneloops can keep a decent charge for a good number of years.

AA lithium batteries like the ones in OP are great tho. They should have a 10 year shelf life, and for me are more of an emergency thing. I don't use them unless everything else is dead.

I def want to get some of these lithiums to backup my rechargeables.
I do use the 18650. the 3x aaa is for emergencies when they run out. But I got a few 18650's for various flashlights.
---
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
2952 posts
485 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone got any good suggestions for d cell batteries? My trash can uses it but I find I am changing the batteries too often
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12192 posts
3210 upvotes
Ottawa
JohnF100 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 10:19 pm
These have their purpose. I use both rechargeables and lithiums depending on the device.

1) these have more capacity than NiMH rechargeables.
2) they work better in low temperatures. Rechargeable NiMH start to lose their voltage below 0C, these Lithiums are rated down to -40C. I use these in my garage door keypad outdoors.
3) these Lithiums have amazing shelf life. You can probably put these in your flashlight and it will still be 99% bright when you pull them out of your drawer 10 years from now. Good for devices that you need to rely on but don't use everyday.
4) these have a nomimal voltage of 1.5V and hold that voltage well even when cold, some devices don't work well with the lower voltages of NiMH. I put some fully charged Eneloops in my circuit tester, and it kept saying I had low batteries.
5) I use this battery in a little AA keychain light that I keep in my pocket. These Lithiums are half the weight of a rechargeable so I don't feel the weight in my pocket as much.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Oct 14, 2015
246 posts
162 upvotes
Halifax, NS
"RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need."

+1 plus one for your signature block.
Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Mar 1, 2011
215 posts
394 upvotes
Calgary
Gotta love Home Depot! Fantastic deal on batteries to last me a few years.

Bought 2 of each or 8 packs in all. Cashier was great and accepted the price match and discount. 8 packs in total for a total price of $21.40 before tax!

Annotation 2019-08-22 102249.png
[OP]
Jan 10, 2007
446 posts
539 upvotes
I can confirm that these are available, however the merchandising displays are mostly alkaline and about 5% lithium so shop early if it's lithium that you want. Remember, extreme cold weather performance is perhaps the best reason for using the lithium type.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
4855 posts
1577 upvotes
Canuckland
Manatus wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 10:00 pm
Best Buy no longer offers the 10% price beat. They just match the price now.
sucks, they sure losing their confidence