Expired Hot Deals

[No Frills] Maple Lodge 1lb Lean ground chicken (Halal available) NoFrills only $1

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2018 10:19 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
719 posts
1759 upvotes

[No Frills] Maple Lodge 1lb Lean ground chicken (Halal available) NoFrills only $1

Went to nofrills and they had a lot of these frozen lean ground chicken. Maple Lodge brand 1 pound halal and regular packs. Good price since it's only $1 per pound. Went to Vito's nofrills, Keele.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.png
27 replies
Jun 28, 2014
333 posts
327 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Got some & it is horrible. Watery and more like like paste than ground anything
[OP]
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
719 posts
1759 upvotes
Jazzee01 wrote: Got some & it is horrible. Watery and more like like paste than ground anything
I got some and it was fine. Of course it isn't like normal ground chicken since it's in a tube sorta thing but it is like paste. I still used it perfectly fine and when it's cooked it's exactly the same as any other ground chicken. Also don't know why yours was watery cause mine never was.
Oct 5, 2010
101 posts
63 upvotes
Brampton
Bought couple of them for dog food.

Let's just say my dog didn't think it was chicken.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1881 posts
1216 upvotes
Can someone post the ingredients? If it's any added byproducts I would steer clear.

Cancer < saving $2
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5087 posts
2442 upvotes
A Place to Stand
Bought as well. Would not buy again. Its a really bad consistency raw, like slurry. It cooks up relatively normal if you just fry up the lot, but don't expect to form burgers out of it or anything. Its gross really. I'd avoid it, wish I had. Its nothing like the ground chicken you'd be familiar with from the grocery store. Its like paste. Yuck.
[OP]
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
719 posts
1759 upvotes
djpr wrote: Can someone post the ingredients? If it's any added byproducts I would steer clear.

Cancer < saving $2
Just chicken, nothing else
[OP]
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
719 posts
1759 upvotes
midget_man wrote: Bought as well. Would not buy again. Its a really bad consistency raw, like slurry. It cooks up relatively normal if you just fry up the lot, but don't expect to form burgers out of it or anything. Its gross really. I'd avoid it, wish I had. Its nothing like the ground chicken you'd be familiar with from the grocery store. Its like paste. Yuck.
I've been able to make burgers and meatballs with these, fyi I bought the Halal ones, not sure if that makes a difference though
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
15183 posts
4354 upvotes
Scarberia
ya my mom said they were crap lol...the halal chicken pcs are better
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jun 28, 2014
333 posts
327 upvotes
Ajax, ON
midget_man wrote: Bought as well. Would not buy again. Its a really bad consistency raw, like slurry. It cooks up relatively normal if you just fry up the lot, but don't expect to form burgers out of it or anything. Its gross really. I'd avoid it, wish I had. Its nothing like the ground chicken you'd be familiar with from the grocery store. Its like paste. Yuck.
Very sticky, I bought 5 of them expecting them to be like the 4 for $10 at food basics. I was wrong
Jun 27, 2007
420 posts
384 upvotes
Tried it once and it was absolutely horrible. It was like eating paste. I will never experiment with meat in a tube again.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2591 posts
1181 upvotes
GTA
The consistency is a little unusual but the taste is good and I've had no problem forming it into burgers. It would work even better formed into a chicken (meat) loaf...
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2289 posts
1718 upvotes
Works for spaghetti and stuff. Cheap and worth it
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2277 posts
894 upvotes
For $1 there is nothing to complain about.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Ronald Reagan
Jul 11, 2017
494 posts
436 upvotes
I personally don't find them horrible, but when you're a university student on a budget, there's not much you won't eat. It does look horrid when you're cooking it, but it's always come out looking just like fresh ground meats. For $1.00, I'll probably be picking some more up for the freezer
[OP]
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
719 posts
1759 upvotes
johnb56789 wrote: I personally don't find them horrible, but when you're a university student on a budget, there's not much you won't eat. It does look horrid when you're cooking it, but it's always come out looking just like fresh ground meats. For $1.00, I'll probably be picking some more up for the freezer
Exactly, if you're all picky and stuff then don't buy $1 "ground" chicken, go and buy the more expensive ones. In the end it's still just chicken. Better than what they make wieners, sausages and bacon out of.
[OP]
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
719 posts
1759 upvotes
LoANeal wrote: Works for spaghetti and stuff. Cheap and worth it
Yep, you can also make meat pastries out of them
[OP]
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
719 posts
1759 upvotes
MrOnizuka wrote: Bought couple of them for dog food.

Let's just say my dog didn't think it was chicken.
MrOnizuka, teacher from Mackenzie??
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
29104 posts
9617 upvotes
Ground chicken is one of the worst tasting meats out there to begin with (rather have ground turkey, ground pork, fake/veggie ground beef, et al before ground chicken). I have no idea why people use this stuff...I mean even if you don't eat beef, eat something other than ground chicken!!!

However this sounds even worse than just regular ground chicken, so good luck guys lol.