Expired Hot Deals

[No Frills] McCormick Honey 750g $3.77

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 2:24 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2007
4182 posts
4872 upvotes
GTA

[No Frills] McCormick Honey 750g $3.77

No Frills Ontario & Atlantic has made by McCormick liquid Honey 750g for $3.77, Dec.12-18

The label says this is blend of Canadian and Argentinian honey, packed in Canada
honey.PNG
Last edited by Kfox on Dec 13th, 2019 1:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
49 replies
Member
Dec 20, 2014
351 posts
104 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Thanks OP but if I remember correctly it says in the back that it's made with Canadian and Chinese honey...
Not sure about it, maybe good for cooking.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8785 posts
3253 upvotes
Toronto
Truff01 wrote: Thanks OP but if I remember correctly it says in the back that it's made with Canadian and Chinese honey...
Not sure about it, maybe good for cooking.
If it has Chinese honey, I won't buy it.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1153 posts
1195 upvotes
Toronto
Pasteurized....

All or pretty much most of the health benefits are destroyed by the high heat treatment process.

Only buy raw honey imo.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 10, 2008
12574 posts
21300 upvotes
“Canada No 1 “ refers to the grade not the origin .
Newbie
Mar 22, 2018
22 posts
31 upvotes
Markham
Saw it last night at my local no frills - label says a blend of canadian and argentinean honey- not Chinese
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 6, 2005
11666 posts
3058 upvotes
I buy this honey at it's regular price of $4.88 or whatever. Stays fresh for a long time, and tastes great.. awesome price, will get more this weekend.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Member
Jan 23, 2007
233 posts
202 upvotes
London
Also Taiwan number 1
stephroll wrote: “Canada No 1 “ refers to the grade not the origin .
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 10, 2004
6462 posts
2175 upvotes
Vancouver
This is not pure honey, but PURE GARBAGE. This is just sugar with 0 nutrients. It should be illegal to sell pasteurized honey. In fact, it should be illegal to sell it as it is a scam. Buy LOCAL honey and get the nutrients from it as this is just sugar that tastes like honey. I just don't get some of you. If you want to eat crap just to save $2, that's fine,but there are still better options than this.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 10, 2004
6462 posts
2175 upvotes
Vancouver
domulet wrote: Saw it last night at my local no frills - label says a blend of canadian and argentinean honey- not Chinese
While this is not honey since it's pasturized, it doesn't matter. But Chinese sell honey all over the World. Just because it came from Argentina, doesn't mean it was collected there. There are a few documentaries you can watch on that topic. Chinese scammers have been for years evading "bad-china-rap" by exporting to other countries, relabeling and selling it under different name/country of origin/etc.
There's 0 common sense for Canadians not to buy our own amazing local honey.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 29, 2018
904 posts
914 upvotes
Thanks for the heads up. I had this on my shopping list but if all yall saying its Chinese honey, I'm scratching it off my list
Newbie
Jun 23, 2013
22 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
Honey and related sugatr like products will last foo HUNDREDS of year so any best before date is for stocking purposes only.
Sr. Member
Jul 4, 2018
532 posts
439 upvotes
dazz wrote: While this is not honey since it's pasturized, it doesn't matter. But Chinese sell honey all over the World. Just because it came from Argentina, doesn't mean it was collected there. There are a few documentaries you can watch on that topic. Chinese scammers have been for years evading "bad-china-rap" by exporting to other countries, relabeling and selling it under different name/country of origin/etc.
There's 0 common sense for Canadians not to buy our own amazing local honey.
You've said exactly what i wanted to say. Made in china has been trying rigorously to change their image through deceptions and only fools fall for their booochit!

When you see some foods that says prepared in canada with imported goods, you can bet those imported goods are likely from china.
.
.
.
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10189 posts
2748 upvotes
if you want a Canadian honey, Bee Maid is an option, we have a plant in my city.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2007
4182 posts
4872 upvotes
GTA
rocking23nf wrote: if you want a Canadian honey, Bee Maid is an option, we have a plant in my city.
I guess the better deal this week is BeeMaid RAW Creamed Honey 500g for $5.48 (reg. $7.98) at RCSS East
beemaid.PNG
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2730 posts
3056 upvotes
Chinese honey? Hell nah. Some things just need stay local.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2007
4182 posts
4872 upvotes
GTA
dazz wrote: While this is not honey since it's pasturized, it doesn't matter. But Chinese sell honey all over the World. Just because it came from Argentina, doesn't mean it was collected there. There are a few documentaries you can watch on that topic. Chinese scammers have been for years evading "bad-china-rap" by exporting to other countries, relabeling and selling it under different name/country of origin/etc.
There's 0 common sense for Canadians not to buy our own amazing local honey.
Unresphek wrote: You've said exactly what i wanted to say. Made in china has been trying rigorously to change their image through deceptions and only fools fall for their booochit!

When you see some foods that says prepared in canada with imported goods, you can bet those imported goods are likely from china.
Argentina is the world's #3 producer of honey, not far behind China, so I can't see the sense in sending Chinese honey all the way to Argentina just so it can be relabelled as Argentinian. And as a top competitor to China I'm sure Argentina would not allow the practice

honey exports by the numbers:
www.worldstopexports.com/natural-honey-exporters/
https://www.beeculture.com/2018-annual-honey-report/
Last edited by Kfox on Dec 13th, 2019 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2007
4182 posts
4872 upvotes
GTA
thelasthunter wrote: Chinese honey? Hell nah. Some things just need stay local.
Just to be factual, it's not Chinese
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2730 posts
3056 upvotes
Kfox wrote: Just to be factual, it's not Chinese
As best we know we can't tell. Someone said Argentina, but this could still be China honey. The earlier commentator was right, Chinese made foods are desperate to loose their country of origin label because no one wants to buy foodstuff from there for obvious reasons. When you're the largest exporter of honey in the world, that's a big problem.

Top