Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
No Frills

McCormick Honey 750g $3.77

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 2:24 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4962 posts
6862 upvotes
GTA

[No Frills] McCormick Honey 750g $3.77

No Frills Ontario & Atlantic has made by McCormick liquid Honey 750g for $3.77, Dec.12-18

The label says this is blend of Canadian and Argentinian honey, packed in Canada
honey.PNG
Last edited by Kfox on Dec 13th, 2019 1:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
49 replies
Dec 20, 2014
396 posts
126 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Thanks OP but if I remember correctly it says in the back that it's made with Canadian and Chinese honey...
Not sure about it, maybe good for cooking.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
Truff01 wrote: Thanks OP but if I remember correctly it says in the back that it's made with Canadian and Chinese honey...
Not sure about it, maybe good for cooking.
If it has Chinese honey, I won't buy it.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1511 posts
1640 upvotes
Toronto
Pasteurized....

All or pretty much most of the health benefits are destroyed by the high heat treatment process.

Only buy raw honey imo.
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
“Canada No 1 “ refers to the grade not the origin .
Mar 22, 2018
23 posts
31 upvotes
Markham
Saw it last night at my local no frills - label says a blend of canadian and argentinean honey- not Chinese
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
I buy this honey at it's regular price of $4.88 or whatever. Stays fresh for a long time, and tastes great.. awesome price, will get more this weekend.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Jan 23, 2007
315 posts
341 upvotes
London
Also Taiwan number 1
stephroll wrote: “Canada No 1 “ refers to the grade not the origin .
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
This is not pure honey, but PURE GARBAGE. This is just sugar with 0 nutrients. It should be illegal to sell pasteurized honey. In fact, it should be illegal to sell it as it is a scam. Buy LOCAL honey and get the nutrients from it as this is just sugar that tastes like honey. I just don't get some of you. If you want to eat crap just to save $2, that's fine,but there are still better options than this.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
domulet wrote: Saw it last night at my local no frills - label says a blend of canadian and argentinean honey- not Chinese
While this is not honey since it's pasturized, it doesn't matter. But Chinese sell honey all over the World. Just because it came from Argentina, doesn't mean it was collected there. There are a few documentaries you can watch on that topic. Chinese scammers have been for years evading "bad-china-rap" by exporting to other countries, relabeling and selling it under different name/country of origin/etc.
There's 0 common sense for Canadians not to buy our own amazing local honey.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2018
1504 posts
1519 upvotes
Thanks for the heads up. I had this on my shopping list but if all yall saying its Chinese honey, I'm scratching it off my list
Jun 23, 2013
23 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
Honey and related sugatr like products will last foo HUNDREDS of year so any best before date is for stocking purposes only.
Jul 4, 2018
957 posts
823 upvotes
dazz wrote: While this is not honey since it's pasturized, it doesn't matter. But Chinese sell honey all over the World. Just because it came from Argentina, doesn't mean it was collected there. There are a few documentaries you can watch on that topic. Chinese scammers have been for years evading "bad-china-rap" by exporting to other countries, relabeling and selling it under different name/country of origin/etc.
You've said exactly what i wanted to say. Made in china has been trying rigorously to change their image through deceptions and only fools fall for their booochit!

When you see some foods that says prepared in canada with imported goods, you can bet those imported goods are likely from china.
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
if you want a Canadian honey, Bee Maid is an option, we have a plant in my city.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4962 posts
6862 upvotes
GTA
rocking23nf wrote: if you want a Canadian honey, Bee Maid is an option, we have a plant in my city.
I guess the better deal this week is BeeMaid RAW Creamed Honey 500g for $5.48 (reg. $7.98) at RCSS East
beemaid.PNG
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
Chinese honey? Hell nah. Some things just need stay local.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4962 posts
6862 upvotes
GTA
dazz wrote: While this is not honey since it's pasturized, it doesn't matter. But Chinese sell honey all over the World. Just because it came from Argentina, doesn't mean it was collected there. There are a few documentaries you can watch on that topic. Chinese scammers have been for years evading "bad-china-rap" by exporting to other countries, relabeling and selling it under different name/country of origin/etc.
Unresphek wrote: You've said exactly what i wanted to say. Made in china has been trying rigorously to change their image through deceptions and only fools fall for their booochit!

When you see some foods that says prepared in canada with imported goods, you can bet those imported goods are likely from china.
Argentina is the world's #3 producer of honey, not far behind China, so I can't see the sense in sending Chinese honey all the way to Argentina just so it can be relabelled as Argentinian. And as a top competitor to China I'm sure Argentina would not allow the practice

honey exports by the numbers:
www.worldstopexports.com/natural-honey-exporters/
https://www.beeculture.com/2018-annual-honey-report/
Last edited by Kfox on Dec 13th, 2019 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4962 posts
6862 upvotes
GTA
thelasthunter wrote: Chinese honey? Hell nah. Some things just need stay local.
Just to be factual, it's not Chinese
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
Kfox wrote: Just to be factual, it's not Chinese
As best we know we can't tell. Someone said Argentina, but this could still be China honey. The earlier commentator was right, Chinese made foods are desperate to loose their country of origin label because no one wants to buy foodstuff from there for obvious reasons. When you're the largest exporter of honey in the world, that's a big problem.
For Sale:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)