[OP]
May 14, 2006
798 posts
227 upvotes
GTA

[No Frills] No Frills Wooden Adirondack Chair $29.94

No Frills
Adirondack Chair $29.94

Saw this at the No Frills at Finch and Jane. Thought it was a pretty good deal.
Images
  • upload.jpg
17 replies
Aug 25, 2010
151 posts
36 upvotes
mississauga
Anyone find it anywhere else?
Temp. Banned
Feb 2, 2014
1412 posts
914 upvotes
The 6
max1234 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 7:14 pm
Yeah, I value my life & my car as well... maybe I can get the wife to go to Jane & Finch.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1665 posts
795 upvotes
max1234 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 7:14 pm
DrunkenStupor wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 7:21 pm
Yeah, I value my life & my car as well... maybe I can get the wife to go to Jane & Finch.
Never change RFD Face With Tears Of Joy
Sep 4, 2015
76 posts
42 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
We have had them in new Hamburg for weeks. The ones that were on display outside from the beginning are scuffed up pretty bad with a lot of areas with chips falling off.

A decent deal for a wooden Muskoka chair but you may need to be very careful with them.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
1810 posts
153 upvotes
canadianclub wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 7:47 pm
We have had them in new Hamburg for weeks. The ones that were on display outside from the beginning are scuffed up pretty bad with a lot of areas with chips falling off.

A decent deal for a wooden Muskoka chair but you may need to be very careful with them.
nothing says 'relaxing cottage getaway' quite like scraping wood splinters off your ass while you regale your family with the tale of how you barely survived jane and finch
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9297 posts
1087 upvotes
is this same quality as the costco ones? no frills and quality don't really go together lol.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Jan 19, 2008
906 posts
367 upvotes
Etobicoke
I saw it as well at the No-Frills at Islington and Norseman. Not sure about the quality.
Apr 13, 2004
914 posts
188 upvotes
Orleans, ON
aquariaguy wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 8:03 pm
is this same quality as the costco ones? no frills and quality don't really go together lol.
These have been this price in Orleans for a few weeks. Definitely NOT anywhere near the quality of Costco...in fact, I probably would not recommend these for sitting, ornamental display use only. The wood is fiberboard so I imagine it will soak up water once the outer casing is breached.

I gave this deal a pass..
#melnykout
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2003
4708 posts
1513 upvotes
A Place to Stand
dogbolter wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 11:49 am
These have been this price in Orleans for a few weeks. Definitely NOT anywhere near the quality of Costco...in fact, I probably would not recommend these for sitting, ornamental display use only. The wood is fiberboard so I imagine it will soak up water once the outer casing is breached.

I gave this deal a pass..
There is no way they'd make outdoor furniture out of MDF, it'd be ruined almost immediately. They are likely cheapo pine. I bought a few of these years ago for like $25 at RCSS, they were crap. Made out of thin pine that stared to crack and warp and peel the first summer. Looked pretty though, but never trusted sitting on them really. These are likely similar. I'd say save your money.
Apr 13, 2004
914 posts
188 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Here is a photo I took for my wife. there is no woodgrain or knots etc. If you download it and zoom into the screw holes you can see that it is some sort of composite material.

Regardless, if you look at the thickness of the legs you can see that it would not safely support much more than 100 pounds.
Images
  • IMG_20180525_163814.jpg
  • zoom.jpg
#melnykout
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9297 posts
1087 upvotes
dogbolter wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 12:33 pm
Here is a photo I took for my wife. there is no woodgrain or knots etc. If you download it and zoom into the screw holes you can see that it is some sort of composite material.

Regardless, if you look at the thickness of the legs you can see that it would not safely support much more than 100 pounds.
Dang that does look like a piece of crap. Worst than IKEA.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4571 posts
793 upvotes
aquariaguy wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 1:31 pm
Dang that does look like a piece of crap. Worst than IKEA.
Hey hey easy there...some of Ikea's stuff is crappy, yes. But some of their good stuff, is REALLY good and very well priced. #ikea4lifewhenitsgoodstuff
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Mar 15, 2004
925 posts
146 upvotes
This chair is definitely not made for outdoor use in the weather.