Expired Offers

Locked: Ontario: Real Canadian Spring Water (24x500mL) for $1.00 starting Feb. 21

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2019 11:06 pm
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 25, 2018
709 posts
1121 upvotes
Milton, ON
MikoWilson wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 4:57 pm
Yeah, that's not how that works at all. You're paying that service charge regardless. C'mon, you had to have known your logic was total horseshit.
What, are you going to turn off your water, and use bottled water for showers and flushing your toilets?

The average Canadian household uses 329 litres of water per person, per day. Toilets, shower, drinking water included. Your real calculation should look like this.

$30.69/month and then $2.5231 per m^3 (1000 L) of water up to 110 m^3, i.e. 0.2531 cents/L. Health authorities commonly recommend drinking 2 L of water daily. So $30.69/30 days + (0.2531 cents/L * (370L per day* 30days ) = $55.67. Compare with cost of bottled water, $1/24 500 mL bottles = 4.2 cents/500 mL bottle * 4 = $0.17 to drink 2 L (or 0.17*164.5 for your daily house use) which comes to $838.95 to run your house on bottled water. because THOSE are actual like terms. Let's say you have a wife? Tada! It's now $1600 per month. Two kids? Cool! Enjoy that $3200 a month water bill. That's how logic works. And even THEN, this is barn burning cheap water, sold as a loss leader to get people to come into No Frills. That's not exactly sustainable.

Let's also consider that you now have to drive to the grocery store, and cart home 9870 litres of water. Good luck with that.

And how about those societal costs? Water companies graciously takes that pristine ground water, and relocates it hundreds of miles away. Let's talk about the environmental cost of the plastics, the transportation fuel, the human capital it takes to recycle all of those bottles.

The same people who would argue that bottled water is somehow cheaper, are the same people who are fine shrugging off communal costs onto their neighbours. Just like your funny math, your argument is foolish.

Our water systems are a miracle of science and human ingenuity. Even at these insanely low bottled water prices, the private sector can't even TOUCH the efficiency of public water works.
Lol someone had a bad day at work
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 27, 2014
4606 posts
1678 upvotes
Y'all are taking this far too seriously.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 28, 2016
1059 posts
2676 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
ar2020 wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 9:12 pm
Y'all are taking this far too seriously.
Agreed. This was a thread about bucka case water. Hot. Upvote.

Like it, buy it.... Don't, move along...
Images
  • upload.jpg
What's in your wallet?
Newbie
Aug 6, 2017
95 posts
86 upvotes
I don't pay for tap water, I have a well. I buy bottled water for when we go out. Good deal, thanks op.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 1, 2003
883 posts
177 upvotes
For the sake of environment, please stop posting cheap water bottle deals...
Salesperson
Member
Feb 6, 2016
410 posts
274 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I believe the thread written about bottled water for 1$ but the miserables here have changed the topic to an university's degree with free courses on physics, maths , socials, environmental
Member
Feb 6, 2016
410 posts
274 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Spawk1028 wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 9:24 pm
Agreed. This was a thread about bucka case water. Hot. Upvote.

Like it, buy it.... Don't, move along...
Well said
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 21, 2015
581 posts
245 upvotes
Canada
And I thought Canadians are supposed to be nice.
Insults after insults over $1 water.
Unreal.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 27, 2011
3445 posts
2205 upvotes
Toronto
FJF23J12DAZ wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 9:50 pm
And I thought Canadians are supposed to be nice.
Insults after insults over $1 water.
Unreal.
Caring about the environment enough to tell people they are idiots for only drinking out of disposable bottles is being a nice Canadian.
FreezingCanada wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2015 5:41 pm
We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 23, 2005
1675 posts
1942 upvotes
Toronto
ar2020 wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 9:12 pm
Y'all are taking this far too seriously.
i came in to see all the comments :) always entertaining.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 21, 2015
581 posts
245 upvotes
Canada
CoolDudeClan wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 9:59 pm
Caring about the environment enough to tell people they are idiots for only drinking out of disposable bottles is being a nice Canadian.
Tell that to the manufacturer of the water bottles.
Not realizing people are going to buy whatever make sense to them
and companies are going to make whatever the hell they can sell fits the bill of being idiots.
Fighting over it? is another damn sure way to present yourself to be an idiot as well.

If it makes sense, good buy, if it doesn't, shut up and move along.
As for the environment, let the government worry about that.
Jr. Member
Jun 15, 2018
132 posts
828 upvotes
Toronto
RIP the environment. Drink tap water at home, bring a water bottle when you're out. People who live in cities have no damn reason to waste money on this.
Jr. Member
Jun 15, 2018
132 posts
828 upvotes
Toronto
wavephonic wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 7:13 pm
I use it to water my indoor plants, lol
literally why

Top