747 upvotes
Newmarket, ON

Rooster Long Grain Rice 8kg - $8.97

Price:
Expiry:
July 15, 2020
Retailer:
No Frills
Hot price! Don't remember seeing it this low. Too bad I've stocked up when it was $12.

Starts July 9th!

Stay safe peeps!
Images
  • upload.jpg
35 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3079 posts
2382 upvotes
Oh, time to stock up even more in anticipation of harsh winter.

Does Freshco carry this? I’d like to PM
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
3021 posts
2559 upvotes
Toronto
Here come the this rice is not great rice people!

But great price!

Thanks OP.
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1651 posts
470 upvotes
GTA
Expect a long line up but it's good to see some prices of items low again.
----------------------------------------------------
Koodo - $45($65-20)/50GB plan + $0/4gb add on - Medium Tab / Tab Plus
Freedom Mobile - Talk + Text + 50GB plan $99/yearly
Freedom Mobile - Talk + Text only plan $25/year
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2015
1149 posts
1492 upvotes
90.00° N, 135.00° W
Beware. This is not your regular 8kg Rooster Jasmine Rice that goes on sale from time to time. This rice with green border around it has very low quality than the Jasmine rice.
Oct 9, 2008
34 posts
2 upvotes
This is just regular long grain rice, Freshco has Mr Goudas long grain rice for $7.99 until July 8th.
Oct 27, 2004
360 posts
454 upvotes
Toronto
CuriousJack wrote: Beware. This is not your regular 8kg Rooster Jasmine Rice that goes on sale from time to time. This rice with green border around it has very low quality than the Jasmine rice.
Agreed! This is the one where people complained that Rooster brand rice is terrible. Jasmine scented one is pretty good rice and price when on sale, around $10 to $12 last year.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1150 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
Sandman wrote: Agreed! This is the one where people complained that Rooster brand rice is terrible. Jasmine scented one is pretty good rice and price when on sale, around $10 to $12 last year.
Didn't know there's difference. Thanks!
Dec 4, 2011
227 posts
71 upvotes
Gta
ranjeet2000 wrote: Didn't know there's difference. Thanks!
Even then, not all jasmine rice are the same. Thai hom mali jasmine rice are more expensive than regular jasmine rice.
Dec 20, 2018
742 posts
1133 upvotes
I love the khao khao discourse.
Outlaw ellipses and apostrophes.
Oct 29, 2007
581 posts
67 upvotes
have been eating brown rice as recommended by friend it is healthy, not sure about Long Grain Rice, may try one at this price
Oct 3, 2010
113 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
Switch to brown long grain rice. Even basmati for example, you'll feel better after eating and your glycemic index won't shoot off the roof.
"You win some, you lose some"
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
3021 posts
2559 upvotes
Toronto
andyhejob wrote: have been eating brown rice as recommended by friend it is healthy, not sure about Long Grain Rice, may try one at this price
Stick to brown rice. Don't waste your $$$!
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Feb 18, 2009
96 posts
166 upvotes
Terrace
With brown rice you'll need less quantity to get full so it might actually end up cheaper after all.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3079 posts
2382 upvotes
CuriousJack wrote: Beware. This is not your regular 8kg Rooster Jasmine Rice that goes on sale from time to time. This rice with green border around it has very low quality than the Jasmine rice.
gchanoki wrote: This is just regular long grain rice, Freshco has Mr Goudas long grain rice for $7.99 until July 8th.
Sandman wrote: Agreed! This is the one where people complained that Rooster brand rice is terrible. Jasmine scented one is pretty good rice and price when on sale, around $10 to $12 last year.
Oh, you are right. We bought one of these by mistake, and it’s probably the worst rice ever. Barely managed to finish the bag without throwing it!

The Jasmine is pretty good though.

Darn...
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Jul 4, 2018
810 posts
673 upvotes
At first i was like WTF, ive just loaded 10 bags last week or so for $12-$13 each and now it's cheaper so soon at $9? Was about to throw a tantrum but then seeing people say theres a difference made me feel better. Lolz...

I didn't even know there were two different rooster bags until july 08 2020 at 135pm.
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2002
1356 posts
1181 upvotes
I bought 10 bags of the jasmine on Monday for $12.88 - 240 ($2.40) points each. The cheapest (that I recall) was a few weeks ago at loblaws when it was 10.88 with 200 points back, but they never had stock lasting more than opening hour. The 12.88 price had lots available at no frills.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2002
1356 posts
1181 upvotes
Unresphek wrote: At first i was like WTF, ive just loaded 10 bags last week or so for $12-$13 each and now it's cheaper so soon at $9? Was about to throw a tantrum but then seeing people say theres a difference made me feel better. Lolz...

I didn't even know there were two different rooster bags until july 08 2020 at 135pm.
My mom was the same. I told her it was even cheaper (we bought 2 days ago), and she was like whaaaat, but when I told her there are 2 types and this is the garbage one she was like.. there's 2?? I just look for the rooster.
May 24, 2007
35 posts
17 upvotes
Warning! ! ! This rooster rice with the green border package is the worst rice I ever had. Almost like fake rice. I stocked up last time. All end up dumping in the trash. It is that bad.