Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
No Frills

Sour cream 20 cents

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2020 1:02 pm
Oct 3, 2008
645 posts
243 upvotes
Scarborough

[No Frills] Sour cream 20 cents

Steeles and silver star boulevard no frills. Sour cream expires in 2 weeks on sale for 20cents

EDIT:
Address: 681 Silver Star Blvd, Scarborough, ON M1V 5N1
Images
  • 79FA2431-6F4A-41CF-9303-6D7D7402E5E4.jpeg
  • nofrills.jpg
Last edited by sarsshadow on Dec 9th, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
33 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2967 posts
1983 upvotes
Edmonton
Is Steeles and Silver in Alberta...? Need some... Please add to title. Thx
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
8453 posts
6938 upvotes
frankmp wrote: Is Steeles and Silver in Alberta...? Need some... Please add to title. Thx
if you need to ask if this is in the center of the universe (aka GTA), then you're still lost after so many years.
Aug 27, 2011
724 posts
2692 upvotes
This is a fantastic deal... Good for baking during the Christmas holiday. Too bad I bought Gay Lea from Walmart yesterday, it was on sale both sour cream and butter for 1.97 and 2.97 respectively.
Oct 29, 2013
325 posts
167 upvotes
Markham, ON
frankmp wrote: Is Steeles and Silver in Alberta...? Need some... Please add to title. Thx
This location is in Scarborough, Ontario
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
2024 posts
1291 upvotes
too bad it expires before christmas, otherwise these would have made great stocking stuffers
Jul 29, 2020
211 posts
1023 upvotes
ggs wrote: too bad it expires before christmas, otherwise these would have made great stocking stuffers
i wouldn't mind as long as you toss in some nachos and cheese.
Banned
Dec 15, 2018
252 posts
696 upvotes
ggs wrote: too bad it expires before christmas, otherwise these would have made great stocking stuffers
Usually lasts at least a few days after expiry from my experience. Plus, it freezes well!
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1884 posts
7842 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
416MAFIA wrote: Usually lasts at least a few days after expiry from my experience. Plus, it freezes well!
People really need to learn the difference between BB and Exp. 2 totally different things.
What's in your wallet?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
6382 posts
1740 upvotes
Spawk1028 wrote: People really need to learn the difference between BB and Exp. 2 totally different things.
True, but I would take diary (milk and cream, some cheeses) more seriously. Chocolate milk has some insane expiration date

Other stuff, I would agree.
Oct 3, 2008
645 posts
243 upvotes
Scarborough
Spawk1028 wrote: People really need to learn the difference between BB and Exp. 2 totally different things.
True, if unopened dairy products I would give it maybe 3-4 extra days before tossing.
Bread, I'd give a week after BB.

Eat at your own risk lol
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32136 posts
15416 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Worth the drive to Acton.
Err i mean Scarborough Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32136 posts
15416 upvotes
Socially Distanced
416MAFIA wrote: Usually lasts at least a few days after expiry from my experience. Plus, it freezes well!
I didn't know you could successfully freeze sour cream. I figured it would come out messed up.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2016
1235 posts
4267 upvotes
OP this is 0.20 dollars, not 0.20 cents
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
3109 posts
2309 upvotes
London
tomtomtom wrote: True, but I would take diary (milk and cream, some cheeses) more seriously.
Those are items I find can be extended beyond the BB date, sometimes considerably.
I frequently use 35% cream that is well past the BB date.
Sep 6, 2016
365 posts
169 upvotes
GTA
This place will become one of the hotspots of the pandemic.
Jul 26, 2016
184 posts
344 upvotes
Canada
Some people in Brampton will drive 25-30 mins to be able to buy this .20 cents sour cream lol
❐ ‿ ❑
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
3146 posts
1489 upvotes
416MAFIA wrote:
Usually lasts at least a few days after expiry from my experience. Plus, it freezes well!
sarsshadow wrote:
True, if unopened dairy products I would give it maybe 3-4 extra days before tossing.
Bread, I'd give a week after BB.

Eat at your own risk lol
If I told you how far past the "expiry" date I consume food products, you'd be appalled, but I'll put it this way:

Canadian dairy products, including yogurt and sour cream etc., if the seal is in tact: it's fine. Yes, even (in my personal experience) months and months after expiry in the fridge. Milk and Cream, no, they'll go sour right in the container, but products in little tubs like that are fine.

Open the seal, use your own judgment, but if you put too much blind faith in the little date on the container as an actual indication of a product being safe OR unsafe to eat, well... you shouldn't put trust in things like that, it makes you susceptible to harms of various types. Read the ingredients and only purchase from reputable or trusted suppliers.

The dates are great so you know when you purchased something, and once the seal is open, and the product inside is exposed to air, mould spores etc get in and then the clock starts ticking.
arisk wrote: Those are items I find can be extended beyond the BB date, sometimes considerably.
I frequently use 35% cream that is well past the BB date.
Higher fat content, slower spoilage. Put a container of cream and a container of Skim Milk put next to each other in the fridge, I bet you the skim milk is sour before or very close to the expiry date, the cream will not spoil for weeks. That's again my personal experience, anecdotal, not a scientific study.
There is no god. But it still feels good to be kind to people, animals, and the environment, so keep doing that.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1446 posts
1665 upvotes
Toronto
Adding another data point (regarding best before dates and dairy -- high-fat cream, specifically)...

Using up heavy whipping cream right now that has a best before date of Nov 24. Around 2-3 weeks right now, just opened it up yesterday, and it tastes perfectly fine. No solids in there, doesn't taste sour, package wasn't expanded with air.

Yes -- higher fat content will usually last much longer than lower fat milk/cream.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)