Expired Hot Deals

[No Frills] *SUPER HOT* - Beyond Meat Beef/Ground only $2 @ No Frills After PM, Points, and Coupon!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2020 10:49 am
[OP]
Jul 6, 2020
63 posts
421 upvotes

[No Frills] *SUPER HOT* - Beyond Meat Beef/Ground only $2 @ No Frills After PM, Points, and Coupon!!!

FireFireFire Beyond Meat “beef” a.k.a ground only $2 (after coupon and points) TacoTacoTaco

Guys!!! SUPER HOT deal this week! You can get this for only $2 by doing the following:

1) Price match the current Sobeys flyer price of $5 for the Beyond Meat “beef” at No Frills

2) No Frills currently is offering 1,000 PC Optimum points when buying Beyond Meat burgers or ground (this is equivalent to $1 back in points, and is of course for those who collect PC points which is a free program to join)

3) Use the $2 off printable coupon that can be found using the link below. Remember: you can use TWO coupons per shopping trip as per the fine print on the coupon (one per each package of course):

https://www.beyondmeat.com/coupons/coup ... ewsletter/

🏃🏼‍♀️ Both these flyers deals (price at Sobeys and points offer at No Frills) as well as the coupon are good until Wednesday, September 30!
Images
  • sobeys beyond.jpg
  • no frills beyond.jpg
86 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1085 posts
2183 upvotes
[...]

This stuff is so popular in BC, it's almost always sold out. I'm honestly considering visiting the east coast to buy up BM products with the wicked sales you get, and reselling them here. A single package goes for around 10-15 on Vancouver island; but you can rarely get it.
For some reason the Maple Leaf Meats version isn't nearly as popular.
But yeah, this isn't going anywhere. If anything, I could see bigger competitors pricing Beyond Meat out of the market with their scale; but the product itself is our new reality. It will only get more difficult to justify eating meat when you have to look your grandkids in the eyes and explain the reality of climate change.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Sep 28th, 2020 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote was removed
Mar 20, 2006
345 posts
113 upvotes
or may be buy at RCSS with that 5000 points /$20 purchase with price match.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3876 posts
2022 upvotes
Toronto
Curious on how this plays out.
Have not done a price match at No Frills for years.
Wonder if they would give a hard time with the match if you are buying burgers, as the Sobeys flyer only specifies the 340g grind.
If anyone tries, let me know how it played out.
[OP]
Jul 6, 2020
63 posts
421 upvotes
2good wrote: or may be buy at RCSS with that 5000 points /$20 purchase with price match.
Good idea but it's not as good of a deal, because you can only use 2 coupons per purchase. So one would have to buy 5 packages (2 at $3 each after using the 2 coupons for a pre-total of $6 after coupons, then another 3 packages at $5 each, which would bring you to a total of $21... then you get the $5 back in points, meaning you actually paid $16 for 5 packages, which effectively equals $3.20 per package).
[OP]
Jul 6, 2020
63 posts
421 upvotes
shikotee wrote: Curious on how this plays out.
Wonder if they would give a hard time with the match if you are buying burgers, as the Sobeys flyer only specifies the 340g grind.
I price match at my No Frills all the time with no problems. I doubt they would price match the burgers if it doesn't show them or state it anywhere in the flyer... but you can try lol good luck
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3876 posts
2022 upvotes
Toronto
marg8181 wrote: I price match at my No Frills all the time with no problems. I doubt they would price match the burgers if it doesn't show them or state it anywhere in the flyer... but you can try lol good luck
The other hiccup for me is there are no Sobeys anywhere near my No Frills (Islington-Dixon in Etobicoke), so they likely will not match. Would have to find the closest geographic area where they match.
Apr 28, 2019
35 posts
45 upvotes
Could I get some RFDers opinions on Beyond Meat?
Just buy it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9045 posts
53665 upvotes
Ontario
marg8181 wrote: Good idea but it's not as good of a deal, because you can only use 2 coupons per purchase. So one would have to buy 5 packages (2 at $3 each after using the 2 coupons for a pre-total of $6 after coupons, then another 3 packages at $5 each, which would bring you to a total of $21... then you get the $5 back in points, meaning you actually paid $16 for 5 packages, which effectively equals $3.20 per package).
Per purchase always meant per item instead of per transaction.

You can only use 1 coupon per purchase (item).
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1085 posts
2183 upvotes
Addmaa wrote: Could I get some RFDers opinions on Beyond Meat?
Just as a forward, I've eaten pretty much every type of vegetable based fake meat. I try to eat half of my "meat" from these sources.

It's interesting. If you know how to cook it properly, it's nearly identical to the mouth feel of real meat. If cooked properly, it's not anymore healthy than real meat, but doesn't come from animal sources.
Fantastic as ground beef substitute for tacos, or ragu sauce; not so good when cooked on it's own in burgers.

Incredible Meat is better, in my opinion, but not as accessible in Canada.
Dec 5, 2015
518 posts
571 upvotes
Verdun, QC
Depends on what you are looking for... These are designed to taste like meat. If you're looking for a meat substitute I would say go ahead and try it! It's super meaty and would probably satisfy you carnivorous tooth.

If you are already a vegetarian then keep in mind this is very meaty... too meaty and realistic. This is the same reason my wife doesn't like it so much. After +10 years she simply doesn't like that taste anymore. It is also odd putting for her to see something resembling meat.

I'm a "semi vegetarian" if that's a thing. For convenience and health's sake we are mostly vegetarian at home. Most of the time I do not miss meat... Especially minced meat. But if I feel like eating meat I will go for meat, not fake meat. Beyond meat is close to meat but I don't like any fake meats, I just eat alot less of the real stuff which allows me to buy ethically (as much as I know).
Mar 31, 2005
992 posts
354 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: Per purchase always meant per item instead of per transaction.

You can only use 1 coupon per purchase (item).
Not at my three local SDMs!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4024 posts
4538 upvotes
GTA
shikotee wrote: Curious on how this plays out.
The ground and burgers have the exact same ingredients, so buy the ground and get 113g more
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
4456 posts
1017 upvotes
Sure, it's Frankefood. It was created in a lab. It doesn't taste anything like real meat (not sure what people who insist it's a good substitute eat when they eat real meat). It doesn't provide any nutritional advantage over real meat. And despite this thread, it typically costs at least as much as real meat.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1462 posts
533 upvotes
I eat beyond meat a lot, haven't eaten anything real in 10+ years. The KFC fake chicken is my least favourite. Burgers are excellent, sausage is great!

My meat eating friends says the A&W beyond meat burger tastes exactly how he thinks a person who forgets what meat tastes like would think meat tastes like......he did also approve of the taste though