Expired Hot Deals

No Frills

Sweet Corn $0.19 (ONT) July 29 - August 4,

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2021 7:31 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
4363 posts
30939 upvotes

[No Frills] Sweet Corn $0.19 (ONT) July 29 - August 4,

Sweet corn $0.19
Whole Seedless Watermelon 11lb $2.87

Tide Hygienic Clean Pods (8 pk)
Free for the first 100 customers each day from Thursday, July 29 to Sunday, August 1
Images
  • Screenshot (1130).png
Last edited by hill15 on Aug 2nd, 2021 6:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
59 replies
Sr. Member
Jul 24, 2019
947 posts
1496 upvotes
Canada
Thanks. On the other forum, they posted selected Food Basics have corn for 10/1.88.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 27, 2006
1316 posts
726 upvotes
Vaughan
hill15 wrote: Sweet corn $0.19
I got 6 cobs last week from Fortino's at $0.19 each. Same parent store, so hopefully same quality. They were delicious. I grilled them on the BBQ and salt water brined them (Persian style). Sooooo good. Sooooo summer :) I'm gonna see if I can get a few of these No Frill cobs! Thanks

Mic
# 1019 days too many
# Taiwan is a democratic country
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
21665 posts
7162 upvotes
Now if only I had teeth again...
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 19, 2003
5124 posts
1905 upvotes
mobile_mic wrote: I got 6 cobs last week from Fortino's at $0.19 each. Same parent store, so hopefully same quality. They were delicious. I grilled them on the BBQ and salt water brined them (Persian style). Sooooo good. Sooooo summer :) I'm gonna see if I can get a few of these No Frill cobs! Thanks

Mic
Was it sweet corn?
Alot of times stores say sweet corn, then it's actually peaches and cream corn.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 24, 2005
2340 posts
2424 upvotes
Thanks OP.
For those south of the GTA, Fortinos supermarket had them for the same price (19 cents) for the past week (expiry tomorrow). Easy price-match at No Frills, no need to wait until Thursday.
Member
Jun 21, 2021
287 posts
205 upvotes
Thanks OP . I will PM at RCSS got some last week and the were very good
Deal Expert
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
15424 posts
10153 upvotes
Markham
mobile_mic wrote: I got 6 cobs last week from Fortino's at $0.19 each. Same parent store, so hopefully same quality. They were delicious. I grilled them on the BBQ and salt water brined them (Persian style). Sooooo good. Sooooo summer :) I'm gonna see if I can get a few of these No Frill cobs! Thanks

Mic
Wished there was a Fortinos in the East (of Yonge St) end.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
15424 posts
10153 upvotes
Markham
ahoroba wrote: Thanks OP.
For those south of the GTA, Fortinos supermarket had them for the same price (19 cents) for the past week (expiry tomorrow). Easy price-match at No Frills, no need to wait until Thursday.
No frills stores in my area only price match local stores (each has their own list) and Fortinos is not local to them.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Newbie
Dec 11, 2005
97 posts
21 upvotes
kimmelite wrote: Thanks. On the other forum, they posted selected Food Basics have corn for 10/1.88.
Food Basic corn yesterday was about the diameter of a Costco hotdog, store should be embarrassed to display.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
21665 posts
7162 upvotes
thedealhunter2000 wrote:

Also on rollback sale at Walmart right now.
Doesn't work. Narrow jaw means these pastes and creams don't really work for me. I can eat just about anything just by fitting my dentures into my mouth. That includes hard nuts, steak, pork chops, etc. but biting like you would for corn on the cob isn't possible. I don't miss it though nor the bad teeth and periodontal disease I used to have that kept me from enjoying anything for more than 8 years...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6652 posts
3383 upvotes
RFDbeliever05 wrote: Food Basic corn yesterday was about the diameter of a Costco hotdog, store should be embarrassed to display.
The produce buyer for Food Basics visits the dumpster behind Longo's to supply Food Basics.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 23, 2008
14173 posts
11500 upvotes
GTA, ON
plymouthhater wrote: The produce buyer for Food Basics visits the dumpster behind Longo's to supply Food Basics.
So where do they go for their meat? Talk about pitiful poor meat quality that Food Basics carries. Even for discount store level quality meats, Food Basics should be ashamed.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Sr. Member
Jul 11, 2017
525 posts
481 upvotes
Walmart will have the Whole Watermelon (11lbs) for $2.87, so No Frills will almost certainly Auto Price-Match Walmart for it.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2002
1680 posts
1083 upvotes
Tha DraGun wrote: Was it sweet corn?
Alot of times stores say sweet corn, then it's actually peaches and cream corn.
Peaches and cream corn is a SPECIFIC variety of corn, that happens to be bi-color. There are other varieties that are 2 color that may not be PEACHES AND CREAM.

Sweet corn could be all yellow, white or "bi-color".

Peaches and Cream is the sweetest, but sometimes it is impossible to know what the seed variety was as "bi-color" and P&C looks the same.

Either way it is all YUMMY !
What dancing banana ?
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1270 posts
2413 upvotes
When you drive through Ontario and you see hundreds of kms of corn fields, you realize why they can be sold this cheap.

It is wonderful, thank you farmers
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2418 posts
3335 upvotes
GTA
sushibucket wrote: When you drive through Ontario and you see hundreds of kms of corn fields, you realize why they can be sold this cheap.

It is wonderful, thank you farmers
A lot of it is feed corn, not sweet. Everything around here is all feed.

Agree, fresh local produce is awesome!

Top