• Jul 19th, 2009 10:45 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2009
1085 posts
61 upvotes
YUL

[No Frills] No Frills- Yellow Nectarines only $.67/lb

Found this deal at Oak Ridges location. YMMV.
11 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2009
1085 posts
61 upvotes
YUL
Deal also applies to Peaches and is also available at Yonge and Elgin mills location as of today.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2003
3706 posts
11 upvotes
If those are US ones then it is ice cold. I am never ever going to buy US peaches/nectarines.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
2006 posts
156 upvotes
York Region
moebius wrote: If those are US ones then it is ice cold. I am never ever going to buy US peaches/nectarines.
Care to share, why?
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2005
1387 posts
57 upvotes
London
Have never bought a nectarine. Are they good? Eat 'em straight or in recipes?
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2007
2233 posts
42 upvotes
moebius wrote: If those are US ones then it is ice cold. I am never ever going to buy US peaches/nectarines.
These are almost definately US peaches/nectarines (I don't think they're coming from anywhere else right now).

I don't know why you would have something against US peaches/nectarines. They are delicious. If you've had bad ones in the past, you have to realize that there are dozens of different farms they could have been grown at. On top of that, maybe the ones you got were past their prime.

Nectarines are basically peaches without the fuzz and usually smaller/sweeter.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2003
3706 posts
11 upvotes
US ones are not good at all. I had them from different sources and at different times of year. Tasteless. Ontario ones are closer to how peaches should taste. Can't wait for Ontario peaches - according to my calendar it should be soon.
Let us support local farmers when we can. In addition those US peaches are rich in pesticides.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2009
1085 posts
61 upvotes
YUL
The deal is now dead and the thread can be killed/moved.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2007
2233 posts
42 upvotes
moebius wrote: In addition those US peaches are rich in pesticides.
Where do you get your info? You know there are legal limits (set by the CFIA) for pesticides. And you know US peaches/nectarines are tested to ensure that they are within these limits.