Expired Hot Deals

[No Frills] YMMV Club House Pure Vanilla Extract 125ml $2.99 when price matching Food Basics

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2019 11:12 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
3237 posts
3282 upvotes
GTA

[No Frills] YMMV Club House Pure Vanilla Extract 125ml $2.99 when price matching Food Basics

Food Basics has "Club House Extracts 43 -125ml selected varieties" on sale for $2.99. Pretty sure pure vanilla at $2.99 would only be the 43ml size. I price matched at No Frills to get the pure 125ml size. On page 5 of Food Basics flyer.
club house.PNG
Last edited by Kfox on Jul 26th, 2019 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
1016 posts
513 upvotes
Richmond
Are you saying you PM'd Pure Vanilla Extract with Artificial Vanilla Extract?
Sr. Member
Jul 26, 2011
503 posts
509 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Kfox wrote: Food Basics has "Club House Extracts 43 -125ml selected varieties" on sale for $2.99. Pretty sure pure vanilla at $2.99 would only be the 43ml size. I price matched at No Frills to get the pure 125ml size.
club house.PNG
Greasy move.... I'll let you know how mine plays out tomorrow.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
3237 posts
3282 upvotes
GTA
t6lock wrote: Are you saying you PM'd Pure Vanilla Extract with Artificial Vanilla Extract?
The Food Basics ad does not specify artificial, it only states CH Extracts 43mm -125mm. I bought 125ml pure for $2.99.

Safe bet FB is selling the 43ml pure at $2.99
Temp. Banned
Jul 23, 2007
2419 posts
1189 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks it looks cheap
By the way? Can I drink this?
Newbie
Feb 24, 2019
11 posts
1 upvote
Thanks, OP. I just PM'd the 125 ml pure vanilla at Carlaw and Gerrard in TO.

FYI - it required a manager override but neither the manager nor cashier looked too closely.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7234 posts
1999 upvotes
Seems like a scammy way to price match. I'll pass.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
3237 posts
3282 upvotes
GTA
LNahid2000 wrote: Seems like a scammy way to price match. I'll pass.
Not scammy, it's just taking advantage of a loophole. Too bad for No Frills that the ad doesn't specify what the "selected varieties " are.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7234 posts
1999 upvotes
Kfox wrote: Not scammy, it's just taking advantage of a loophole. Too bad for No Frills that the ad doesn't specify what the "selected varieties " are.
No, this is the kind of stuff that ruins price matching for everyone. Walmart just got rid of price matching in the U.S. and Best Buy got rid of it in Canada.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
3237 posts
3282 upvotes
GTA
LNahid2000 wrote: No, this is the kind of stuff that ruins price matching for everyone. Walmart just got rid of price matching in the U.S. and Best Buy got rid of it in Canada.
No Frills' slogan is "Won't Be Beat", yet they deliberately adjust inventories to avoid having to price match. For example, this week Food Basics big deal on meat is $2.88/lb on lean ground beef family pack; My No Frills always carries family packs of lean ground beef, but not this week, nope they only have ground beef and pork combo. This stuff goes on every week at my No Frills, so I feel no guilt in taking advantage of a loophole in their PM policy-- item must match ad in name and size-- what I've posted follows their policy.
Last edited by Kfox on Jul 26th, 2019 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
3237 posts
3282 upvotes
GTA
mapleleafs92 wrote: Greasy move.... I'll let you know how mine plays out tomorrow.
did you slide out with the deal?
Sr. Member
Jul 26, 2011
503 posts
509 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Kfox wrote: did you slide out with the deal?
The no frills I went to was sold out. I'll try again tomorrow
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7234 posts
1999 upvotes
Kfox wrote: No Frills' slogan is "Won't Be Beat", yet they deliberately adjust inventories to avoid having to price match. For example, this week Food Basics big deal on meat is $2.88/lb on lean ground beef family pack; My No Frills always carries family packs of lean ground beef, but not this week, nope they only have ground beef and pork combo. This stuff goes on every week at my No Frills, so I feel no guilt in taking advantage of a loophole in their PM policy-- item must match ad in name and size-- what I've posted follows their policy.
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Top