• Apr 14th, 2018 4:52 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2007
1039 posts
160 upvotes
Kingston, Ontario

No glue vinyl roll flooring?

We are having a half bath and pantry installed in a former storage room. I want continuous flooring in the half bath and pantry area. I'm leaning towards roll vinyl because I feel it's simple and (since there's an exterior door from the pantry area to the side yard) water resistant.

We purchased the no glue plank type vinyl from Costco for a kitchen renovation at a rental property we have, and although it was really easy to install, the strips needed to be glued down after installation as the kept lifting up. So I don't want that hassle. Currently in the storage room there is vinyl flooring and it looks good and seems practical.

We are looking at one of these products: https://www.lowes.ca/products/default.a ... type=sheet

Does anyone here have input on no-glue vinyl flooring before we purchase this weekend?

Thank you.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
3236 posts
1612 upvotes
I used the rolled vinyl from homedepot for the staff room at work because, like you said, it was super easy to install.

It’s been over 5 years in a very high traffic area and it’s held up very well. No nicks or cuts or anything, and it hasn’t stretched yet either. I installed it directly over concrete using carpet tape and no issues with the edges either.

It was simple to use, easy to maintain, looks nice at first glance, and cheap. I wouldn’t use it in my house, personally, but for the money, it’s a very good low maintenance option.
Feb 25, 2018
567 posts
215 upvotes
No glue is good because one day when you want to change it again it will be very easy to remove. The trick is get a perfect fit so it won't move.