No Insurence - Finding a Good Dentist in Burquitlam/Vancouver

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2020 3:46 pm
[OP]
Oct 19, 2011
568 posts
184 upvotes

No Insurence - Finding a Good Dentist in Burquitlam/Vancouver

I haven't been to a dentist in 2-3 years. I just checked out a dentist in the Burnby area that quoted ~$450 for first appointment for xrays+cleaning. What should I be looking for? I'm okay with paying more for a good dentist, but I also don't want to be scammed. At this time, I'm only interested in a cleaning (as I have some noticeable tarter buildup...). They said they ask for records from previous dentist if you've been there in the last ~year, so should I insist on this even though I haven't been to one for ~2-3 years?

Any suggestions for good dentists in either the Burquitlam area, or downtown Vancouver (such as near Burrard/Granville skytrains?
1 reply
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
1270 posts
1710 upvotes
West
All dentists will charge you for a new patient consultation + x-rays if you have not been to them (or another dentist) within the last year. That is standard practice, as far as I'm aware.

In Vancouver, I usually pay about $200-250, taxes in, for a typical cleaning (scaling, polish, x-rays & fluoride). My dentist is exceptional (compared to others I've had), has a very new office with all the bells & whistles, and pretty much charges fee guideline rates for non-insured individuals. I've referred many people to him throughout the years, and everyone has been extremely happy. I will PM you his information, though he is slightly south of downtown.