• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2020 1:09 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 16, 2017
143 posts
49 upvotes

No MMS?

So I just ported over from Fido to Freedom but still have my 4GB Fido data plan (free Tablet promo). Did the $99/yr talk and text with Freedom and using the second sim slot for Fido data.
Looks like I have no option for sending or receiving MMS? Not a huge deal but something I didn't think of.....
5 replies
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
228 posts
237 upvotes
Montreal
correct, fido 4gb doesn't have sms/mms.

the old fido 3gb does have sms/mms.
I'm a customer at Public Mobile and VoIP.ms!
Jun 2, 2010
694 posts
380 upvotes
Toronto
CraigB806782 wrote: So I just ported over from Fido to Freedom but still have my 4GB Fido data plan (free Tablet promo). Did the $99/yr talk and text with Freedom and using the second sim slot for Fido data.
Looks like I have no option for sending or receiving MMS? Not a huge deal but something I didn't think of.....
MMS is included with the Freedom Mobile $99 / year Nationwide Unlimited Talk and Text plan:

[Freedom Mobile] Nationwide Unlimited Talk & Text - $99/year prepaid
TELUS: Unlimited 25 $37.50/25GB x 2 (50 GB pooled data)
AT&T Prepaid Unlimited MAX: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, ?? GB data
Nov 24, 2018
753 posts
949 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
The Freedom, nationwide, does it mean it will work in Quebec?
With no roaming fee?

I still don't understand how they determine "Freedom" network and "Nationwide" network; in that prepaid package.

Since most of quebec is under nationwide, the 99$ prepaid should beincluded right?
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Jun 2, 2010
694 posts
380 upvotes
Toronto
BertL67369 wrote: The Freedom, nationwide, does it mean it will work in Quebec?
With no roaming fee?

I still don't understand how they determine "Freedom" network and "Nationwide" network; in that prepaid package.

Since most of quebec is under nationwide, the 99$ prepaid should beincluded right?
Just click on the link I posted above. The Thread Summary says:

'NOTE: Freedom's Fair Usage Policy requires that the majority of usage over consecutive billing cycles be within the Freedom service area, or off-network access may be restricted or the service terminated.'

If you are in Quebec in the Gatineau, Hull, Aylmer, and Buckingham areas then you are good.

Freedom network is where Freedom Mobile has cellular towers. The Nationwide network is roaming on another carrier's network.

'Nationwide

When you travel outside of our ‘Freedom’ network in Canada, you’ll be connected to a partner’s network.'
TELUS: Unlimited 25 $37.50/25GB x 2 (50 GB pooled data)
AT&T Prepaid Unlimited MAX: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, ?? GB data