• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2019 10:12 am
Tags:
Jun 21, 2009
529 posts
139 upvotes
Markham

No more cash at tolls?

Driving to Rhode Island tomorrow from Toronto and i heard that most of the tolls are electronic. Need some info on how this works. Do they charge by credit card? Thks in advance. Been 5 yrs old since last visit to US.

Note: Is going through Quebec a better option.
5 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36619 upvotes
Scarborough
I haven't driven to Rhode Island before but every toll I've been to in NY or PA has always had at least 1 cash booth.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Feb 29, 2008
407 posts
192 upvotes
GTA
Pay on the website. Takes 24+ hours. Search and Pay for your Toll transactions by License Plate
Jul 20, 2012
783 posts
345 upvotes
Guelph
If taking I-90 once you enter Mass. there are no toll booths. It's just like the 407, there are signs every few miles there was a sign that stated "No transponder no problem we'll bill you".
If Mass. doesn't have an agreement with MTO you may never be billed. I drove to Boston in April but I have an EZ-Pass.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
2050 posts
925 upvotes
HK
TomRFD wrote: I haven't driven to Rhode Island before but every toll I've been to in NY or PA has always had at least 1 cash booth.
I was driving to Philadelphia on a weekly basis (from Ottawa) and there was 1 crossing that had no cash booth. I had to press the service button and someone came out to manually lift the gate up for me. After that I got the EZPass so that I would never be stuck again. Anyways this was my only encounter, all the others had a cash booth.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)