• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2021 10:25 am
[OP]
Banned
Sep 14, 2020
437 posts
239 upvotes

No more meat on airplanes since COVID?

Ever since COVID I've not had a single meal on airlines that contained any meat.

Did a flight in July and now in December to Europe and every single flight, including the transatlantic and Euro zone.

Was COVID another reason to set a precedent? I don't know about you but with no meat those tiny dinner and lunch boxes barely keep you filled.

Is business class any better? Do they still use silverware and actual meals?
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 23rd, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
9 replies
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1183 upvotes
Probably a cost saving measure . Maybe a supply chain problem . With all the lock downs it's possible the meal makers may not be able to get supplies . Could also be a labor issue . Probably takes extra care to safely make meals with meat . With all the money available to stay home . Meal makers may not have the staff to make the meals safely . Welcome to the new normal .
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
Mar 11, 2009
90 posts
193 upvotes
Calgary
Since August I flew 4 long-haul business class flights with United and Qatar and both had meat on the menu, from fish to steak. And silverware too.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
10129 posts
3153 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
I had ham and cheese.

BTW, shouldn’t the subject line have a question mark? It is misleading to state, “No more meat on airplanes since covid”.
Last edited by MexiCanuck on Dec 23rd, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
7010 posts
1362 upvotes
Scarborough
Pack some sandwiches bro.
Me i take potato/veggie sandwiches when international flight to back home, works well
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17809 posts
1374 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
OP needs to come back and clarify if they meant meat or meal
Dec 28, 2011
978 posts
511 upvotes
Midland
My tap flights had meat. It was actually good
[OP]
Banned
Sep 14, 2020
437 posts
239 upvotes
konfusion666 wrote: OP needs to come back and clarify if they meant meat or meal
Meat, in meals
Energie11 wrote: My tap flights had meat. It was actually good
Must be a klm thing then