Shopping Discussion

No more printable coupons from Shoppers Drug Mart?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2015 11:13 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2014
1366 posts
951 upvotes
Toronto, ON

No more printable coupons from Shoppers Drug Mart?

I was happily receiving email every few days from Shoppers Drug Mart with various coupons that I could print and use in store.

On the weekend I got an email saying they've stopped that and now I have to log in to select which offers get loaded onto my card!

What a PITA!!

And now I have to memorize the offers so I don't buy something that is the wrong size or product range?
56 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7148 posts
6279 upvotes
M6C - Toronto
I think PC does that too and it's too much work to remember everything so I stick to checkout 51 and price matching :/
With Fido Mobile!
Jul 1, 2013
69 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Really? I didn't receive the coupon for last week. I was wondering maybe they forgot.
Dec 28, 2011
297 posts
73 upvotes
And their app on phone doesnt let us login anymore. Atleast in PC app we can view our offers.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
37687 posts
5450 upvotes
Winnipeg
i never heard of this, will look into it and report back
WTB amazon gc @90%
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7726 posts
1193 upvotes
GTA
Bought by Loblaws...looks like they are moving to a system like them as well. There was a recent thread (now deleted) about Shoppers Drug Mart coupon fraud telling people how to get any coupon you wanted so I am sure if they were aware of that they'd want make sure it can no longer happen.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4331 upvotes
wtf? I just started receiving them a week ago and now they're already discontinuing it?
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
17006 posts
12402 upvotes
Toronto
this is good. printing a paper coupon was a PITA and they wouldn't allow you to show it on your phone
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2014
1366 posts
951 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Swerny wrote: this is good. printing a paper coupon was a PITA and they wouldn't allow you to show it on your phone
Well, I guess there's one opinion that printing an email was a difficult task.

I'll be surprised if you can log in and load the offers to your card faster then printing an email .. and then remember the specifics of each offer.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7726 posts
1193 upvotes
GTA
It is only in the last week that the PC plus app worked properly. As it took them months to put out an app that properly works, hopefully they'll put one out for this too. I think most businesses are going to move away from paper sooner or later and with the coupon fraud that was going on with these coupons I'm glad they did this instead of eliminating them completely.

Without an app though, I can't see this working.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10771 posts
2849 upvotes
Nowhere
I have had issues getting the coupon emails in the past despite getting almost daily SDM emails so it is nice to be able to see the offers online. But what I pain. Of course, I didn't get this email. It would be nice to have an email reminder and just click to load the offers like with PC Plus. But with this, after you log in you have to click on each individual offer to load it. I'm not going to remember these unless I write them down. Also it said points won't be awarded for 5 days. I'm not sure if that applied to the bonus offer or all of them but that will be another pain to have to keep following up to see if points were awarded. Does somethin appear on the receipt to know the offer was accepted? With the old coupons, the points were instant so you knew if there was a problem. I guess we can thank those who were committing coupon fraud with the old ones for this.
April 28th is a National Day of Mourning for those killed or injured on the job. Mourn for the dead, fight for the living. We all deserve to return home safely at night.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
17006 posts
12402 upvotes
Toronto
treasureseeker3 wrote: Well, I guess there's one opinion that printing an email was a difficult task.
Not everyone has a printer...or if you do....you carry the paper printout everywhere just in case you go to SDM?

I always have my phone with me, not coupons.

They should have just allowed showing your phone...save a tree and all that jazz.

Gap/BR allow that
May 28, 2012
12040 posts
4660 upvotes
Saskatoon
Swerny wrote: Not everyone has a printer...or if you do....you carry the paper printout everywhere just in case you go to SDM?

They should have just allowed showing your phone...save a tree and all that jazz.

Gap/BR allow that
Not everyone has a cellphone either.

I wonder if that means we can get more than one of each offer? I used to get the odd coupon for Campbell's soup, i.e. any small can for 50 cents. But the offer was only good for one can...how practical is that?! At least the Safeway ones made sense, they stated a fair limit right on the coupons.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1025 upvotes
Swerny wrote: Not everyone has a printer...or if you do....you carry the paper printout everywhere just in case you go to SDM?

Gap/BR allow that
Do they still? My last Old Navy coupon specifically said print and made no mention of showing it on my phone.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6822 posts
3132 upvotes
Canada
4000 bonus points on $20 worth of Cleaning Products ...

Wow that`s the most craptastic I`ve seen ... ever. I hope 20x points days aren`t disappearing.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2014
1366 posts
951 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yes. Print them out, put them in my car. Then I have them when I'm at SDM.

You should get a printer .. there's all sorts of things that are useful to have a printed copy.

Swerny wrote: I always have my phone with me, not coupons.

They should have just allowed showing your phone

Now you'll need both your phone and your optimum card. I don't see how that's better.

Swerny wrote: save a tree and all that jazz.
I've never understood that. Trees are a renewable resource and you're touting a hunk of plastic as more environmentally friendly.

Swerny wrote: Gap/BR allow that
Now I'm starting to see the picture
Deal Fanatic
Sep 27, 2006
5062 posts
1942 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
treasureseeker3 wrote: I was happily receiving email every few days from Shoppers Drug Mart with various coupons that I could print and use in store.

On the weekend I got an email saying they've stopped that and now I have to log in to select which offers get loaded onto my card!

What a PITA!!

And now I have to memorize the offers so I don't buy something that is the wrong size or product range?
I didn't get an email telling me about this but I see it on the website.
https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/optimum-new

What a PITA. I now need to remember the last 9 digits on the card? Another website to log in to view offers?!?! Having to click on each link to view each offer details and then remember them all?!?!?!

Nope this is a triple PITA! Way to go Loblaws....
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6152 posts
1996 upvotes
Mississauga
Not a big sdm fan but still go when i got emails for 20x pts just for $25-30 spending... Now with this new system, pita... Not going to even bother with this...
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2005
1664 posts
537 upvotes
St. John's
Uggh, the logon and load system is not for me, hate that system. It's only a matter of time until everything I like about Shoppers gets Loblawed.
May 28, 2012
12040 posts
4660 upvotes
Saskatoon
Chew300ZX wrote: Uggh, the logon and load system is not for me, hate that system. It's only a matter of time until everything I like about Shoppers gets Loblawed.
There was a screwup a couple of years back and some people's accounts got hacked (points cleared out). It became apparent that the login security was really lax with this program, so hopefully, they've improved it. I never login to my account.