• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2020 8:40 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 15, 2003
628 posts
691 upvotes

No more Vizio TVs at Costco.ca?

Was searching for a tv then realized their TV section is missing Vizio... Wait the heck happened? They were one of the first retailer to sell the brand in Canada.
19 replies
[OP]
Jul 15, 2003
628 posts
691 upvotes
Bumping it again in case someone with an answer sees this.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2198 posts
1094 upvotes
London
someone asked on there facebook and this was vizio reply

Vizio Greg, Thank you for your interest in our products. VIZIO products are no longer sold in Canada, including by distributors. We will continue to support any devices that may be under warranty. - Di

a quick google search shows no one carrying any vizo tv and even factory direct has no refubs one anymore.
Last edited by aaron158 on Sep 3rd, 2020 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 15, 2007
28 posts
13 upvotes
Kitchener
Both their Facebook and Twitter confirm Vizio has completely pulled out of Canada.
Disappointed to see this as I have both a Vizio TV and soundbar from Costco.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19908 posts
5281 upvotes
Off the 404
Wow, that's interesting. Surprised they didn't announce anything. Was Costco the only distributer of new Vizio TVs? I don't recall seeing them anywhere else when I got a P55-F1
[OP]
Jul 15, 2003
628 posts
691 upvotes
Thanks. This sucks, their price and quality were great.
Oct 2, 2018
294 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
Vizio have some fantastic offerings and price wise you cannot beat them. Sad to see them pulling out of Canada, I have both a 65" Vizio TV and soundbar from Costco and really happy with the product. I was a die-hard Sony person so will have to figure out which manufacturer i will jump to when i upgrade once more. I was leaning towards Vizio again with their OLED models, but if they have departed Canada it will make for a tougher decision.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10943 posts
7278 upvotes
GTA, ON
You would think that they'd make an official company announcment, or at least on their Canadian website.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10943 posts
7278 upvotes
GTA, ON
I see they're now carrying a brand called TCL.
I've never heard of them. Are they a new player in the TV business?
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5776 posts
2905 upvotes
Mississauga
If it's the same TCL, they made my BlackBerry KEYone.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2017
3515 posts
2866 upvotes
aaron158 wrote: someone asked on there facebook and this was vizio reply

Vizio Greg, Thank you for your interest in our products. VIZIO products are no longer sold in Canada, including by distributors. We will continue to support any devices that may be under warranty. - Di

a quick google search shows no one carrying any vizo tv and even factory direct has no refubs one anymore.
Thanks so much for this update. I have been waiting for the new OLEDs to be released in Canada. Now I know why their website hasn't been updated.
Nov 16, 2003
430 posts
31 upvotes
Cornwall
Surprised to hear Vizio leaving Canada. Kind of came out of nowhere.

chimaican wrote: I see they're now carrying a brand called TCL.
I've never heard of them. Are they a new player in the TV business?
Nope, TCL has been around for several years now. They're one of those big chinese electronic manufacturers that license other brands as well (ex: They're the ones who make phones under the Blackberry name now, they also license RCA name for products). They've really become prominent over here in the last few however producing some of the best bang for your buck budget TVs (Series 6 has been a huge hit for them.. there's multiple threads on here when they're on sale if you search for it). As with any budget line of TVs there can be a bit of a lottery on getting a great panel, but their TVs are usually rated very good for their price range (you can look them up on rtings.com)
Aug 14, 2019
963 posts
441 upvotes
Go figure. We have issues with a Vizio sound bar we bought at Costco.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1588 posts
484 upvotes
Toronto
Shame and a big surprise. I'm loving my Vizio TV and they had a great value soundbar (although that has issues from time to time)..
Jul 2, 2009
376 posts
154 upvotes
Montreal
It’s probably because of all the quality issues.