Shopping Discussion

No more Walmart cashback + 5$ gratuitous fee for orders below 25$!!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2016 12:38 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1858 posts
627 upvotes
TO

No more Walmart cashback + 5$ gratuitous fee for orders below 25$!!

I can't find cashback for Walmart on eBates or GCR, it seems they dropped cashback.

And to top it off, WM now charges 5$ for orders below 25$ on top of any delivery fees and even if you get it sent to the Post Office directly.

Because they are so bad at packing orders, I used to order fragile things in separate orders so they don't arrive completely destroyed. I can't do that anymore because I refuse to pay this gratuitous 5$ fee.

Did anyone find a workaround? Are they offering cashback elsewhere?
Wins
2015: 69.99$
13 replies
Dec 16, 2014
893 posts
478 upvotes
Easter Island
haven't been to crapmart in months.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1858 posts
627 upvotes
TO
Me neither, I only order online for heavy stuff that I don't want to carry back from the store.
Wins
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16890 posts
7181 upvotes
You have no one to blame but yourself - the fact your actually break your order up into smaller components is the reason that Walmart has introduced a minimum amount to spend for shipping. But really, let's face it, $25 is a really low minimum.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1858 posts
627 upvotes
TO
I break it in small orders because they pack orders like morons and it will arrived damaged everytime.

When I call to complain and get a refund for the destroyed items, the WM CS agents are the ones telling me to do it this way an break down my orders. I wonder what they're going to come up with now.

Cans are 1-2$ each but if you mix them with other things like a bottle of oil for example, because they use no protection for the orders, they will act as a wreaking ball and break everything else in the shipment.

Try ordering 25$ in cans and let me know how that works out for you and if you still think 25$ is a low limit.
Wins
Dec 27, 2007
21600 posts
13327 upvotes
Kitchener
TrevorK wrote: But really, let's face it, $25 is a really low minimum.
Its more of the norm than "really low". Its same minimum for the "source" (with free delivery to store with no minimum or admin fees), "amazon" and "BB"
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1611 posts
871 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
First no more free shipping and then $5 fee for orders below 25....
OK, at least, they still have Canada post FREE Pickup on all orders
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1858 posts
627 upvotes
TO
earthpetal wrote: First no more free shipping and then $5 fee for orders below 25....
OK, at least, they still have Canada post FREE Pickup on all orders
Right but you still get the 5$ fee with Canada Post pickup if you're below 25$
Wins
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16890 posts
7181 upvotes
aasoror wrote: Its more of the norm than "really low". Its same minimum for the "source" (with free delivery to store with no minimum or admin fees), "amazon" and "BB"
$25 is really low.

I would think that at $25 they are paying at least 10% of that to ship the item. That's a huge chunk of their margin.
Dec 27, 2007
21600 posts
13327 upvotes
Kitchener
TrevorK wrote: $25 is really low.

I would think that at $25 they are paying at least 10% of that to ship the item. That's a huge chunk of their margin.
Nah its not as bad as you think, no one is taking hits on shipping and if its 10% there is no way they are going to do it for free (regardless of the cut-off) while offering the same item prices online and in-store, volume contracts with couriers usually minimizes shipping charges ;)
Apr 18, 2008
353 posts
99 upvotes
TheWalrus wrote: I break it in small orders because they pack orders like morons and it will arrived damaged everytime.

When I call to complain and get a refund for the destroyed items, the WM CS agents are the ones telling me to do it this way an break down my orders. I wonder what they're going to come up with now.

Cans are 1-2$ each but if you mix them with other things like a bottle of oil for example, because they use no protection for the orders, they will act as a wreaking ball and break everything else in the shipment.

Try ordering 25$ in cans and let me know how that works out for you and if you still think 25$ is a low limit.
I have a similar experience. I bought some drano online shipped to Canada Post. It's erosive DRANO. They casually put it in a box. When I open it, they are spilled all over the box. Had to drive to WM to exchange for new one. Don't trust their packing any more.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16890 posts
7181 upvotes
aasoror wrote: Nah its not as bad as you think, no one is taking hits on shipping and if its 10% there is no way they are going to do it for free (regardless of the cut-off) while offering the same item prices online and in-store, volume contracts with couriers usually minimizes shipping charges ;)
I don't think the contract with Canada Post minimizes the cost of shipping to the point that free shipping is irrelevant to their bottom line. Canada Post does not work for free - it costs them money for every parcel they deliver and they cannot give it away for next to nothing because it would cost them more money than they make.

Here is an example of what Amazon US pays for shipping:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014240 ... 2792859890
Amazon typically pays between about $2 and $8 to ship each package, according to shipping-industry analysts, with the cheapest option through the Postal Service and the most expensive via UPS or FedEx.

As I said - Walmart Canada is most likely paying at least 10% of the $25 order for shipping, if not more because they probably do not get as good of a deal as Amazon does with USPS.