• Dec 16th, 2020 3:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3267 posts
1170 upvotes
Toronto

[LCBO] No Name Beer Buck a Beer $1 Ontario

The cheap swill is back...buck a beer. Not my type of beer but just putting it out there for RFD'ers.
40 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1492 posts
2112 upvotes
GSD wrote: The cheap swill is back...buck a beer. Not my type of beer but just putting it out there for RFD'ers.
Drinking "cheap swill" makes me appreciate the ever so tiny difference in quality of name brands that cost more than twice as much.
When you see a wall, dig a tunnel.
Nov 22, 2016
475 posts
259 upvotes
Dare I say one of my Favourite beers...especially for the price. Many thanks for this.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3267 posts
1170 upvotes
Toronto
6060842 wrote: Drinking "cheap swill" makes me appreciate the ever so tiny difference in quality of name brands that cost more than twice as much.
Meh, not a fan of corn syrup. Not all name brand beers are twice as much.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1492 posts
2112 upvotes
GSD wrote: Meh, not a fan of corn syrup. Not all name brand beers are twice as much.
Maybe you need glasses. Beer comes in brown bottles. I'm not sure what corn syrup comes in. Either way I would keep the corn syup out of the beer fridge in case you make the same mistake again.
When you see a wall, dig a tunnel.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2131 posts
1539 upvotes
Decent beer for the cottage when it's hot and you need something cool and refreshing but not a big beer drinker in the winter gotta admit. Maybe if I hit the cottage but that's at least a month away still. If not more.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
6055 posts
2396 upvotes
West GTEH!
Early Xmas sale for Buck-a-Beer.
Normally this happens 1 week before a long weekend.

Hopefully there'll be other beers for $1/can/bottle.
😎
Nov 29, 2003
346 posts
203 upvotes
Mississauga
Tried this last time. Spouse will drink ANYTHING, but did NOT like this and said don't buy it again. Really enjoyed the Loon Lager when it was a buck though.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3509 posts
1773 upvotes
Waterloo
Maybe I'm in the minority and my taste buds are messed up, but I can't really tell the difference between beers, whether its no name, other common cheap brands like Budweiser, or something more expensive. And I've never tasted a beer that I can honestly say I enjoyed the taste of (as in, if there was no alcohol in it, I would never actually drink it let alone pay any amount of money for it). Same thing with wine, never had one that I liked the taste. And same with liquor...like some people would just drink whisky with nothing mixed into it and like it...meanwhile I'd be gagging from the taste.
Really the only kind of drinks with alcohol in it that I would actually like the taste are cocktails (depends which ones), champagne, and ciders. So I guess sugary drinks.
Anyways I say that all to say that I'd be fine with brands like no name if I'm drinking beer since they all taste so similar to me.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1849 posts
1542 upvotes
Waterloo
disgusting beer. get Cool for $1/bottle when its on sale.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3267 posts
1170 upvotes
Toronto
6060842 wrote: Maybe you need glasses. Beer comes in brown bottles. I'm not sure what corn syrup comes in. Either way I would keep the corn syup out of the beer fridge in case you make the same mistake again.
It looks golden and clear (tick!) but this beer’s foam game is weak—it doesn’t stick around for long. Why is that important? Foam traps flavour… so if you don’t have game, you don’t have flavour. Its body is a bit stickier and sweeter than the others, leaving a corn-syrup note behind in the finish. Plus, the high carbonation is burp-inducing, and did I mention the bottles are chipped?

I'm sticking to Reinheitsgebot beers. I just started the thread to help other RFD'ers who may like the $1 deal
Nov 26, 2011
92 posts
27 upvotes
GTA East
Is anybody else simultaneously grateful to, and irritated by the OP?

Like, thanks bro for letting us know about the deal, some of us like to get a fairly average though quite drinkable beer on sale now and then... But did you *need* to be such a condescending beer snob about it?
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4811 posts
2236 upvotes
Cool beer is so much better and for $1, I'd wait for that instead
Deal Addict
May 29, 2011
1304 posts
544 upvotes
KANATA
Sicklyslick wrote: disgusting beer. get Cool for $1/bottle when its on sale.
Its made by presidents choice, and honestly, their beers are perfectly fine. Better than most major brand beers.
derpin
Jul 24, 2008
996 posts
683 upvotes
humanoid wrote: Is anybody else simultaneously grateful to, and irritated by the OP?

Like, thanks bro for letting us know about the deal, some of us like to get a fairly average though quite drinkable beer on sale now and then... But did you *need* to be such a condescending beer snob about it?
I didn't mind it. It definitely isn't for everyone. But I would bet money if you poured the beer into an empty can of expensive craft beer and handed it to him, he would taste it and be like "yummmm".
Also, his profile pic is Borratt, which is pure jokes.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1269 posts
615 upvotes
Simcoe County, ON
Was at the LCBO earlier today and they had No Name beer at $6.60 per six pack ($3.30 off). Just over a buck a beer.
May 18, 2007
782 posts
1352 upvotes
Toronto
In the summer this is great cheap refreshment. In the winter... meh, not so much.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2047 posts
177 upvotes
These are cheap which is good but taste Bad...
Moose head taste a lot better.... (6 cans $15 !!Face With Medical MaskAstonished Face)
For some reason these no name taste like pee...
Chinese Food+MSG=Good Food :rolleyes:
Jan 7, 2010
158 posts
103 upvotes
Burlington
Used to get Loonie Lager...enjoyed it for $1.

Haven't seen it in ages.