Shopping Discussion

No Price Match @ Staples for Boxing Week (Not B-Day specials)?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2004 1:33 am
Tags:
None
Jun 19, 2002
319 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
looks like bestbuy and futureshop posted in their official policy, 'no price matching from dec 26 until dec 30' or something like that. I guess unless Staples did the same they should pricematch instead of making excuses. I guess it would depend on how busy the manager is and whether they feel like doing a price match if they are very busy. I know staples loses money on pricematches but they must be done on huge differences in price until staples lowers their prices on these items, i.e mice and keyboards and computer upgrades.

You guys should start PMing at Food Basics, I saw a sign there stating "triple the difference guaranteed"
University of Toronto - Engineering Science
Co-Founder www.internshare.com
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
novastar wrote:looks like bestbuy and futureshop posted in their official policy, 'no price matching from dec 26 until dec 30' or something like that. I guess unless Staples did the same they should pricematch instead of making excuses. I guess it would depend on how busy the manager is and whether they feel like doing a price match if they are very busy. I know staples loses money on pricematches but they must be done on huge differences in price until staples lowers their prices on these items, i.e mice and keyboards and computer upgrades.

You guys should start PMing at Food Basics, I saw a sign there stating "triple the difference guaranteed"
-------------------------

really?..... where did FS/BB post that.... was it on their boxing day/week flyer?... i swear i don't recall seeing it.... UNLESS it was on the fine print where they put terms & conditions...

are u sure u saw it?
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2002
6849 posts
7 upvotes
jerryhung wrote:How do we contact Head Office? Thru "Contact Us" on Stooples website? I think not. Any direct e-mail or phone # I can call
I am still upset on their dumb excuse and gonna report Waterloo Stooples
You should be able to ask the store manager for the name and number of his district manager.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
8534 posts
2208 upvotes
jerryhung wrote:How do we contact Head Office? Thru "Contact Us" on Stooples website? I think not. Any direct e-mail or phone # I can call
I am still upset on their dumb excuse and gonna report Waterloo Stooples
Phone # and email on every staples bill, or look down
Jun 2, 2003
126 posts
8 upvotes
Mark099 wrote:You should be able to ask the store manager for the name and number of his district manager.
I tried asking for that information and was *flatly* refused.
"We don't give out that information".

The best that they would provide was the name of the store manager,
who happens never to be in!!

Grrrr....

I agree with the earlier comments that this type of attitude is certainly no way to get or maintain customer loyalty. When I am in the market for something, I know where I *wont* be shopping.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
23795 posts
5468 upvotes
where I belong
Long story short
-----------------------------------
1. I tried to price match a keyboard & mouse combo (Logitech MX Duo) at Staples in Waterloo, Ontario with Future Shop ($89.99)
Note: Future Shop has 400+ in stock online, and in store too.

2. My cashier was just about to take a look and the cashier beside her just said "We don't do Price Match this week"!!!
I said but it's not a "Boxing Day ONLY" sales price, she said still NO

3. I left pissed and decided to file an official complaint

My reasons for complaint
-----------------------------------
1. I understand that NO PM for "Boxing Day ONLY special or Doorcrasher items", but for a "regular" Boxing Week item ($99.99 - $10 discount = $89.99), why can I not price match it?

2. There is NO fine print mentioned anywhere on flyers or online stating there is NO Price Match for "Boxing Week" in Canada (yes for special limited quantities, clearance, doorcrasher items though). Does the cashier have the right to say "We don't do PM this week, period"?
Note: I forgot to ask for the manager because I was too shocked at the news

3. Does that mean in the future we cannot Price Match during any sales that have a name, let it be "Boxing Week", "Thanksgiving Weekend", "New Year"?

I understand it may just be the cashier's fault, but I remain a very dissatisfied customer.
Thanks for reading and understanding my frustration

Jerry
Too pissed and filed a complaint
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K