Entertainment

'No Time to Die' James Bond 25th film (Daniel Craig 5th turn) in theatres someday

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2020 12:09 am
Tags:
None

Poll: Who's the next Bond actor

• Total votes: 78. You have voted on this poll.
Daniel Craig will return

47%
Tom Hiddleston

15%
Jamie Bell

0%
Idris Elba

19%
Gender swap Gillian Anderson/Emilia Clarke

6%
producer Broccoli will choose an unknown/unexpected

12%
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6417 posts
3436 upvotes
Aurora
I'd sure be nervous about sitting on an investment of a couple hundred million with no payoff in sight. Also, MGM would have to pump in many more millions ramping up promos yet again prior to theatrical launch.

I suppose many theatre goers have had plenty of time to die before seeing the movie.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
2641 posts
650 upvotes
GTA
I have been watching some other ones of recent, they should make a deal with a streamer $400 to $600 million is ideal.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9788 posts
1864 upvotes
Victoria
It's going to be tough. By the time people start going back to theatre's there's going to be a backlog of movies for them to see. It's probably going to be a tighter release schedule for a while (blockbuster after blockbuster). They're probably going to create movie fatigue which will impact the box office. I don't think movies companies are really factoring this in.

Plus it doesn't seem like a vaccine (if developed) is going to be very widespread by the spring. ugh... could be a while before people are comfortable going back, and then once they are, how many movies are they actually going to want to see.

I'm little surprised movies are filming right now, given the backlog...
Nov 13, 2014
384 posts
343 upvotes
Westmount, QC
zod wrote:
I'm little surprised movies are filming right now, given the backlog...
The thing now is a studio like Disney can afford to film movies, decide to release them on their platform and they could save money. Let's take for example the next Spiderman. Let's say it cost 200M$ to make, normally they would also spend 200M$ on marketing around the world for the movie, bringing the total budget around 400M$. If they don't have to advertise their movies, and they bring in new subs, it could be a win win for them.

Right now Mulan already had a marketing campaign done for it, so they wanted to bring as much revenue as possible with it. Same goes for No Time to Die, that's why they don't want to sell the movie below 600 millions.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
5481 posts
2675 upvotes
Global Village
DiceMan wrote: I'd sure be nervous about sitting on an investment of a couple hundred million with no payoff in sight. Also, MGM would have to pump in many more millions ramping up promos yet again prior to theatrical launch.

I suppose many theatre goers have had plenty of time to die before seeing the movie.
Plus MGM borrowed the $ to make the film and they have to pay $1,000,000.00 in interest every month it remains unreleased. They cannot afford to have a Tenet-level box office in theatres.
All day I dream about sports