Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
2038 posts
817 upvotes
ORLEANS

NOA in English?

When my accountant filed taxes for me in for years 2019 and 2020 he set preferred language as French. But I am trying to obtain English copies. But I can’t seem to find a option on my CRA account. Is this even possible?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
2457 posts
1833 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Palidino wrote: When my accountant filed taxes for me in for years 2019 and 2020 he set preferred language as French. But I am trying to obtain English copies. But I can’t seem to find a option on my CRA account. Is this even possible?
I'm not sure why you need English copies unless you don't understand French and if so, I'm not sure why your accountant specified the preferred language as French unless his preferred language was French which in my opinion wasn't the correct thing to do even if he was doing your taxes.

If you need the notice of assessment for a loan, credit application, or mortgage, it doesn't matter which of the official language the notice of assessment is in; the financial institution or business will accept it.

In terms of the CRA website, I don't believe that there isn't a way to toggle it to the other language for your documents or notice of assessment. You'll probably have to contact them and go through whatever process they have to get your preferred language changed.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
51250 posts
15653 upvotes
ONTARIO
lmcjipo wrote: I'm not sure why you need English copies unless you don't understand French and if so, I'm not sure why your accountant specified the preferred language as French unless his preferred language was French which in my opinion wasn't the correct thing to do even if he was doing your taxes.

If you need the notice of assessment for a loan, credit application, or mortgage, it doesn't matter which of the official language the notice of assessment is in; the financial institution or business will accept it.

In terms of the CRA website, I don't believe that there isn't a way to toggle it to the other language for your documents or notice of assessment. You'll probably have to contact them and go through whatever process they have to get your preferred language changed.
yah its pretty easy to read still.
Isnt total in french total?