Computers & Electronics

Noise cancelling headset for office / call center

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2019 9:36 pm
Oct 10, 2016
237 posts
397 upvotes

Noise cancelling headset for office / call center

A building is being build beside our office and the noise is really loud. I can't take a call from the phone or my basic jabra headset.

Since we won't be relocated soon, i'm looking for a good ambiant noise cancelling headset with noise cancelling on mic too. I was looking at solutions for call center since they also have to deal with loud environnement, but can't find enough actual reviews.

The Plantronics BackBeat Pro2 seems nice, but is almost at all-time high price... I also fear that the integrated mic won't cover the noice enough.

Most of the time we're not on the phone, so audio quality need to be good since music will also help dealing with the ambiant noise.

We're looking at 200-250$/unit.

Any suggestions?
8 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2007
2379 posts
504 upvotes
Vancouver
Hi,
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B019U00D7K/ref ... B019U00D7K
As long as they are over ear headphones, they will block out enough external noise for you to hear your call clearly. I have found wired head sets with an external mike that have a foam sock to be excellent in blocking background noise & still transmit your voice clearly. Wired head sets are half the price of the Bluetooth ones.
https://www.amazon.ca/Business-Surround ... +ear&psc=1
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
I assume you're looking for one for a phone and not just music right?
Do you have bluetooth or will it be wired?
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Oct 10, 2016
237 posts
397 upvotes
It can be USB or Bluetooth. It’s gonna be used on PC with Skype for business.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Lowb4ller wrote: It can be USB or Bluetooth. It’s gonna be used on PC with Skype for business.
I bought a CORSAIR VOID PRO RGB for $90.
It's ugly as sin, but it's comfortable, lightweight (almost too light), and is pretty good in terms of quality.
Apparently the mic is noise cancelling which sounds about right since an echo test seems to eliminate the servers I have in the background.
I'm not sure if it has voice cancelling on the headphone side because I can kind of hear the background with them on, but I can still hear the opposing party (that's me in the echo test) just fine.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
2722 posts
549 upvotes
Manitoba
Fraser River Rat wrote: Hi,
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B019U00D7K/ref ... B019U00D7K
As long as they are over ear headphones, they will block out enough external noise for you to hear your call clearly. I have found wired head sets with an external mike that have a foam sock to be excellent in blocking background noise & still transmit your voice clearly.
compared to the Cowin Wireless mentioned above, how is the CORSAIR wireless mentioned below? Is it worth extra $40?
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0748N ... p_hza?th=1
— — — — — — — — — — — —
The end came for me (for light roast coffee) when the tasting notes at a light roast shop in Portland said: "Hints of citrus, star anise & coffee" - Unknown on the internet
Oct 10, 2016
237 posts
397 upvotes
We finally bought Sony 1000MX3 for 200$ more than we planned but it definitely worth it. Noise cancellation is the best we found and that was our priority.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
2722 posts
549 upvotes
Manitoba
Lowb4ller wrote: We finally bought Sony 1000MX3 for 200$ more than we planned but it definitely worth it. Noise cancellation is the best we found and that was our priority.
how could you get that for 200.. sounds like much expensive than that...
I am looking for something that can work wirelessly with my laptop for skype ( or even wired if relaibility is higher)and can also work with my phone ( wireless or wired)
I heard these things go bad soon so is it worth spending lets say 178 dollars on logitech G933?
any other suggestion?
— — — — — — — — — — — —
The end came for me (for light roast coffee) when the tasting notes at a light roast shop in Portland said: "Hints of citrus, star anise & coffee" - Unknown on the internet
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3282 posts
1046 upvotes
Toronto
Asker123 wrote: how could you get that for 200.. sounds like much expensive than that...
I am looking for something that can work wirelessly with my laptop for skype ( or even wired if relaibility is higher)and can also work with my phone ( wireless or wired)
I heard these things go bad soon so is it worth spending lets say 178 dollars on logitech G933?
any other suggestion?
"for 200$ more than we planned"
¯\_(・_・)_/¯

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)