Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 6, 2008
285 posts
161 upvotes
Ontario

Looking for 40" under $500

Help guys...gf runs a group home money is tight their tv died...sales are over...throw me some ideas for a roughly 40" under $500. Thx.
7 replies
Jul 31, 2016
457 posts
800 upvotes
Whitby
Hockeyman888 wrote: Help guys...gf runs a group home money is tight their tv died...sales are over...throw me some ideas for a roughly 40" under $500. Thx.
I doubt you can find one reputable tv dealer that doesn't have a 40 inch under $500 or even 400.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1797 posts
2411 upvotes
Halifax
49" technicolor 4k at superstore. on clearance here in NS for 279.

ps: wrong forum
Apr 13, 2008
221 posts
304 upvotes
Bancroft
Watch the "Free" section of kijiji.
People are throwing away they old big screens because they want the newer flat panels.
Sep 24, 2010
130 posts
42 upvotes
If you have access to Costco, their Haier brand selection is within your budget. I think the 55" 1080p is around $500, the smaller ones are much cheaper. Plus the extra warranty is really good value if you're worried about it breaking prematurely.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
2798 posts
3860 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
Hockeyman888 wrote: Help guys...gf runs a group home money is tight their tv died...sales are over...throw me some ideas for a roughly 40" under $500. Thx.
$274
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sh ... 36791.aspx?

$400
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sa ... 24525.aspx? open box

I do not know the best buy store system but pending how good you are (maybe have your gf/female friend all dolled up or you) talk to the manager of different stores and see if they can roll back the last sale price. I can only speak from experience but Canadian Tire (Sheppard/Leslie in the GTA) will roll back the sale price back IIRC 4 weeks. I've often gone and gotten price roll backs. You have to speak to the customer service desk and sometimes if the item is a bit older on the sale they will call a manager over to allow it.

I find if you are a few days past the sale date at Can.T many stores will roll back for you if you ask nicely. This is not advertised as the store will rather make more money.

Here is the Boxing day 2017 thread for Can.T. https://forums.redflagdeals.com/canadia ... e-2156233/

That Sharp 40" LED is $299

EDIT:

Each is different. You will have to talk to the CSR desk and manager and see how flexiable they are. My Can.T @ Sheppard/Leslie is pretty hassle free for roll back pricings. Some other stores I've called thier CSR said they would honor if past by a few days. So a bit of a YMMV. Best to call all the Can.T's in your area then map out your trip to save time/fuel.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
6380 posts
2024 upvotes
BC
You need to be armed with a bit of knowledge about who really makes name brand TVs these days.

If you are looking at a Sharp it is in fact a Hisense.

If you are looking at an RCA it is a Curtis (which was budget brand for places like Zellers IIRC).

In OP's situation, I would look for a late-model LG or Samsung from someone who was only selling it, or donating it, because they had upgraded to a larger size.