• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2021 9:21 pm
[OP]
Oct 12, 2010
78 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto

Noob need help with troubleshooting a no display problem

So I have this custom built pc running Ryzen 5 2600x, A320Mk mobo, and 16gb of ram. It was working fine until I took out the old 1660 video card (sold) and put in a 3060. Now I get no display signal when I turn on the PC. I have seen suggestions of using the onboard display first then install the driver for the new card, but the CPU has no integrated graphic so what else can I do here? Putting in another video card would be nice except that I only have this new 3060 with me. The card has 4 inputs, 3 of them are display port with 1 HDMI which is what i am using.
5 replies
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
2679 posts
2062 upvotes
North York
First thing I would do is verify that the GPU works on another computer to rule out that its an issue with the GPU.

If the GPU works, you should at least get the motherboards POST screen.
Jul 31, 2008
206 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
You checked to make sure the HDMI cable is working? Or if you have another HDMI cable, try that as well. Does the video card require an additional power supply??? Is the fan turning on the video card?
Feb 9, 2008
340 posts
280 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
What power supply do you have? Is it enough for the 3060?
Nvidia recommends 550W.
Make sure your video card power is plugged in.

Are there any error beeps on boot?
[OP]
Oct 12, 2010
78 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the suggestions all. Not sure what went wrong. When I turn on the computer i can see led on the mobo, video card fans spin, the entire case lights up but no display.

I ended up taking everything apart and reassembled them again, now its working.