Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

[Nord VPN] Get 68% off + 3 months FREE - Expires in 9 HRS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2020 2:20 am
Aug 5, 2007
834 posts
276 upvotes
Use coupon code VANISHED and it adds an extra month to this existing deal, so 4 month free bonus.

Wonder if there are any other codes that positively affect the deal… the others I've tried either made no change or made it worse.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2004
1213 posts
150 upvotes
GTA
IT's been 9hr expire time everytime i check the website...lol
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9494 posts
2067 upvotes
Montreal
100 wrote: Just re-upped for another 27 months. Nord has been great and has improved a lot in the last 2 years. I've been using it on 2 older laptops, a fire stick and a couple of older phones and have had no issues. Obfuscated servers seem to work for Netflix etc as well, and no reason not to take advantage of the double cash back while it is there.
Really? I've never gotten Netflix U.S. servers to work with NordVPN EVER. Same with UK Prime Video servers (Star Trek Discovery / Picard).
Sep 21, 2004
10565 posts
4929 upvotes
Calgary
yuprules wrote: Really? I've never gotten Netflix U.S. servers to work with NordVPN EVER. Same with UK Prime Video servers (Star Trek Discovery / Picard).
You just need to try a few different servers.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9494 posts
2067 upvotes
Montreal
b166er1337 wrote: You just need to try a few different servers.
I tried like 5....guess I gave up too easily ;)
Apr 1, 2009
257 posts
154 upvotes
Winnipeg
yuprules wrote: Really? I've never gotten Netflix U.S. servers to work with NordVPN EVER. Same with UK Prime Video servers (Star Trek Discovery / Picard).
It is a game of whack a mole - servers work for a period of time and then go down when the IP ranges get blacklisted. Keep trying, I have had it work with some minimal issues. Or get Kodi...
Apr 2, 2007
950 posts
159 upvotes
use nothing, download everything for free hahahahahha
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1243 posts
557 upvotes
b166er1337 wrote: You just need to try a few different servers.
On the mobile application they removed the ability to remove individual city servers which your can choose from. Their rationale is they want to do this for you to balance the network load. The last time I seen, it was still available with the Nord desktop client.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1243 posts
557 upvotes
100 wrote: It is a game of whack a mole - servers work for a period of time and then go down when the IP ranges get blacklisted. Keep trying, I have had it work with some minimal issues. Or get Kodi...
The frustration here is "professional" reviewers will argue with those who claim this. For example, the Swedish Restore Privacy dude recommends and promotes Nord like VPN Mentor now. Those that don't know, VPN Mentor is very bias and a Nord VPN shill.
Apr 4, 2013
65 posts
8 upvotes
forgetpwd wrote: expressvpn seems never has any deals.
The best vpn service is expressvpn. It always finds a way to bypass checks from netflix (USA), prime (USA), hulu, bbc.
Sep 10, 2009
468 posts
265 upvotes
Wish they would give me the 3 year offer again when I had my sub active
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1243 posts
557 upvotes
Feels Good Man wrote: Wish they would give me the 3 year offer again when I had my sub active
My understanding is there's not going to be doing 3 years anymore.
Apr 1, 2009
257 posts
154 upvotes
Winnipeg
sheyenne wrote: The frustration here is "professional" reviewers will argue with those who claim this. For example, the Swedish Restore Privacy dude recommends and promotes Nord like VPN Mentor now. Those that don't know, VPN Mentor is very bias and a Nord VPN shill.
Haven't seen it - PIA was my go to before Nord, but Nord undercut them with the 3 year deal and PIA wasn't offering anything when it came time to renew. At the time I preferred PIA but either of them are good IMO
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1243 posts
557 upvotes
100 wrote: Haven't seen it - PIA was my go to before Nord, but Nord undercut them with the 3 year deal and PIA wasn't offering anything when it came time to renew. At the time I preferred PIA but either of them are good IMO
Please don't get me wrong. Nord is good, probably a distant second to Express VPN due to the sheer number of the servers, but how it's being marketed and the denial surrounding the affiliate/commission schemes is disturbing. Lots of people like IP Vanish, but I would never trust them if you're using a VPN for P2P. PIA can't be trusted and their speeds have taken a major hit for most users in recent years.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1243 posts
557 upvotes
DaveTheDude wrote: Nord would be 2.59 with today's exchange rate.
$89USD less 40% Rakuten = $53.40USD. Convert to CDN = $69.95. Divide by 27 months
= $2.59 per month CDN.
I wish just thinking for next time. Do you need or should you use a Rakuten US account to collect the percentage discount?
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2018
1760 posts
1719 upvotes
GTA
sheyenne wrote: I wish just thinking for next time. Do you need or should you use a Rakuten US account to collect the percentage discount?
You do not need a USA Rakuten account as the offer is also on the Canadian Rakuten site. Either way you get exchange fees when you convert to USD.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1243 posts
557 upvotes
DaveTheDude wrote: You do not need a USA Rakuten account as the offer is also on the Canadian Rakuten site. Either way you get exchange fees when you convert to USD.
But you would lose in the exchange which is usually a lot by merchants. If you have a US paypal account you might be better off using the US Rakuten, I would assume?
Feb 8, 2010
350 posts
94 upvotes
Brampton
sheyenne wrote: I wish just thinking for next time. Do you need or should you use a Rakuten US account to collect the percentage discount?
Most of credit cards charge 2.5% currency exchange fee thats add the cost too