Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

[Nord VPN] Get 68% off + 3 months FREE - Expires in 9 HRS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2020 2:20 am
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1243 posts
557 upvotes
Uberclk wrote: when i first subscribe to Nordvpn, i created a US ebates account to take advantage of the cash back, because it was before i noticed they were available with ebates canada.

currently Rakuten.COM has cash rebate for Nordvpn at 50%
I guess you have a US paypal account where they would send you the rebate or would they mail your cheque to Canada?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1818 posts
821 upvotes
Scarborough
sheyenne wrote: I guess you have a US paypal account where they would send you the rebate or would they mail your cheque to Canada?
had it moved to my paypal account. pretty sure it was my main paypal account and not a US account. but it was 2.5 years ago so i can't confirm with my paypal history...

looking at my emails. looks like ebates.com sent a cheque to my paypal account in USD.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1243 posts
557 upvotes
Uberclk wrote: had it moved to my paypal account. pretty sure it was my main paypal account and not a US account. but it was 2.5 years ago so i can't confirm with my paypal history...

looking at my emails. looks like ebates.com sent a cheque to my paypal account in USD.
Thanks for the update. I haven't used my US pay pal account in years. I just remembered I have my US Paypal linked to my RBC US account so that's also an option for people to consider.
Dec 8, 2010
661 posts
840 upvotes
Toronto
My 3 year Nord expired a few weeks ago and I was looking at Surfshark since they are usually cheaper and look comparable.

Any opinions?
Apr 1, 2009
257 posts
154 upvotes
Winnipeg
FWIW, I noticed a lag in the Rakuten cashback showing up - in contacting Rakuten was I formed that Nord had not reported the sale yet, so I contacted Nord customer service, who opened a ticket. I got an email saying that they don't process the cashback until after the 30 day return window. I replied that I would have to reconsider the purchase in that case and cited the purevpn deal being cheaper and for a longer duration and magically they reported to Rakuten the same day.

Incidentally in looking at purevpn, decided to pass. Located in Hong Kong so anything could happen in the next 5 years.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2259 posts
510 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
Not sure why all the downvotes. NordVPN is a great service at a fairly reasonable cost when you sign up during a "promotion" such as this. They do happen frequently.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1243 posts
557 upvotes
RandomSanity wrote: Not sure why all the downvotes. NordVPN is a great service at a fairly reasonable cost when you sign up during a "promotion" such as this. They do happen frequently.
I believe it's like you said it yourself and it was already mentioned. This offer comes up frequently. Hence the downvotes.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1243 posts
557 upvotes
rainydays wrote: My 3 year Nord expired a few weeks ago and I was looking at Surfshark since they are usually cheaper and look comparable.

Any opinions?
Surfshark is similar to Windscribe premium. You can't compare these two to Nord. Nord is far superior.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4477 posts
3538 upvotes
sheyenne wrote: Surfshark is similar to Windscribe premium. You can't compare these two to Nord. Nord is far superior.
Can you expand on how it's far superior?
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1243 posts
557 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: Can you expand on how it's far superior?
They have an incredible array of multiple servers in a given country. They now use RAM servers, Their speeds are slightly faster than say, Express VPN. They have so many configuration options with very helpful tutorials. And their tech support is really good.

Oh, and proven they keep no logs.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1072 posts
34 upvotes
Mississauga
Oh don't worry, THEY (VPNs) ALL keep logs.

When the governments really wanna know what's up, they will get them, don't you worry. lol

NORDVPN is related to TesoNet - not good, but for the price, can't go wrong.

Whatever, that's the world we live in today anyways.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1243 posts
557 upvotes
kuba wrote: Oh don't worry, THEY (VPNs) ALL keep logs.

Whatever, that's the world we live in today anyways.
Citations please? You sound like one of those anti-maskers or conspiracy theorists, lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1818 posts
821 upvotes
Scarborough
just received email of a 3 year deal, possibly for existing customers only as it says log in to see deal. "We save the best deals for our loyal users. Here’s the Cyber Deal!

Buy the 3-year plan for $89 (2.47/mo.) and get 3 extra months on top"

and Rakuten.COM is still 50% off.

what was the price in OP?
Banned
Jul 15, 2017
65 posts
11 upvotes
sheyenne wrote: Citations please? You sound like one of those anti-maskers or conspiracy theorists, lol.
He's right, but you're quick to try and virtue signal and put him down with your dumb accusations. If you need to be spoonfed go check out windscribes own blog where they got a few allegedly "no log" vpns to admit they do keep logs.

For anyone that actually cares about privacy and not just watching Netflix US then look into Dvpns or VPN companies that at least let you sign up with just an email and crypto.
Apr 1, 2009
257 posts
154 upvotes
Winnipeg
Uberclk wrote: just received email of a 3 year deal, possibly for existing customers only as it says log in to see deal. "We save the best deals for our loyal users. Here’s the Cyber Deal!

Buy the 3-year plan for $89 (2.47/mo.) and get 3 extra months on top"

and Rakuten.COM is still 50% off.

what was the price in OP?
Post a screenshot if you would so the rest of us can try to get the deal as well before the refund window closes?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1818 posts
821 upvotes
Scarborough
100 wrote: Post a screenshot if you would so the rest of us can try to get the deal as well before the refund window closes?
need to log in to see the deal.
nordvpn1.jpg
nordvpn.jpg
on the Nordvpn main page the Rakuten button is red meaning activated, however once you choose a deal or login it turns purple meaning not activated? so not sure how that works for cashback..
Nov 24, 2014
202 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does anyone else have a delayed Rakuten cash back confirmation show up?
I renewed through the links on friday and have not seen any update on my rakuten account.
Jan 25, 2009
646 posts
281 upvotes
ExpressVPN deal through Topcashback.com is pretty good
Apr 1, 2009
257 posts
154 upvotes
Winnipeg
dieseldub wrote: Does anyone else have a delayed Rakuten cash back confirmation show up?
I renewed through the links on friday and have not seen any update on my rakuten account.
100 wrote: FWIW, I noticed a lag in the Rakuten cashback showing up - in contacting Rakuten was I formed that Nord had not reported the sale yet, so I contacted Nord customer service, who opened a ticket. I got an email saying that they don't process the cashback until after the 30 day return window. I replied that I would have to reconsider the purchase in that case and cited the purevpn deal being cheaper and for a longer duration and magically they reported to Rakuten the same day.
Payout isn't until February anyway but fyi